Home

The awareness attribute

This is a discussion on The awareness attribute within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2015, 03:03 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: The awareness attribute

I thought I read somewhere that play recognition also helps with route recognition for defensive backs?

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2015, 03:43 PM   #26
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I thought I read somewhere that play recognition also helps with route recognition for defensive backs?
That's right.

It primarily helps with preventing getting fake out by play action. But it also allows DBS to jump routes and be in the right spot at the right time. Take Troy P and Eric Weddle for example. Not the fastest players on the field in Madden, but always seem to get INTs. They had one of the high play recs (Probably highest) at the position in M15 and Weddle does in M16.
Old 10-19-2015, 04:15 PM   #27
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datninja619
That's right.

It primarily helps with preventing getting fake out by play action. But it also allows DBS to jump routes and be in the right spot at the right time. Take Troy P and Eric Weddle for example. Not the fastest players on the field in Madden, but always seem to get INTs. They had one of the high play recs (Probably highest) at the position in M15 and Weddle does in M16.
So would PRC control the defender's likelihood of getting fooled by double moves?
Old 10-19-2015, 04:29 PM   #28
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
So would PRC control the defender's likelihood of getting fooled by double moves?
Going off of what EA says the attribute do, I'd say it's a combination of Man Coverage AND play rec. More so man coverage, if your playing man and Play rec if your in Zone.

Play Recognition (PRC) – Reacting to run or pass and defending specific routes. Also reacting properly to play action or screen plays.

Man Coverage (MCV) – Ability and tackle skill chance when man to man coverage is called. Compared with Route Running. Also knockout chance of a tackle versus Catch in Traffic.

Zone Coverage (ZCV) – Ability and tackle skill chance when zone coverage is called. Also knockout chance of a tackle versus Catch in Traffic.
Old 10-19-2015, 07:20 PM   #29
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

I read an article a few years ago that said awareness for offense and play recognition for defense.Don't know if that was just for simming or games played as well.
Old 10-20-2015, 02:47 AM   #30
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr18
I read an article a few years ago that said awareness for offense and play recognition for defense.Don't know if that was just for simming or games played as well.
and considering how in control of everything you generally are on offense, it speaks to just how useless improving the attribute is...
Old 10-20-2015, 08:07 AM   #31
MVP

OVR: 1

one of the things i find really weird is the CPU and auto depth chart

you see teams where the best OLB is not at ROLB, assuming both are same time. ROLB is on the field more than LOLB regardless of scheme, given they are in dollar and other formations, usually sub packages. sometimes i put my mlb #2 instead of an OLB as they have better coverage skills

hence please give us formation subs

as for awr i used to ignore it on defence until sometime suggested i try it so i tend to progress it until its at least as much as prc
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2015, 05:37 PM   #32
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_headedmonster
and considering how in control of everything you generally are on offense, it speaks to just how useless improving the attribute is...
You're absolutely right.If you control just one team you're better off ignoring awareness.If you control 32 and want to see improvement in players of all teams,I would concentrate on it.I think it would improve both the CPU team during gameplay and if you care about sim stats,it would improve the outcome for at least offensive players.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »