Home

JRT2006's Madden Scouting Tool

This is a discussion on JRT2006's Madden Scouting Tool within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: What are the two most important info screens for Madden Management?
Roster & Upcoming FA 4 15.38%
Roster & Team Needs 3 11.54%
Roster & Salary Info 1 3.85%
Upcoming FA & Team Needs 3 11.54%
Upcoming FA & Salary Info 0 0%
Salary Info & Team Needs 2 7.69%
Roster & Top Scouted Prospects 7 26.92%
Team Needs & Top Scouted Prospects 4 15.38%
Salary Info & Top Scouted Prospects 2 7.69%
Other (Please describe in Thread Reply) 0 0%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-11-2015, 04:02 PM   #457
Rookie

JRT2006's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JRT2006's Madden Scouting Tool

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodjer
LOL...I wondered about that when you told the guy a few pages back that you didn't have a roster evaluation tool. Too many good irons in the fire, eh?
ehh...maybe a few.

So, how was the roster management tool. Did it work as intended, curious because I just implemented it and the way it evaluates into the new tool. Ran a test, and other then not being able to get the values to avg out with some damn decimal points, it works fine
Old 05-11-2015, 04:08 PM   #458
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRT2006
ehh...maybe a few.

So, how was the roster management tool. Did it work as intended, curious because I just implemented it and the way it evaluates into the new tool. Ran a test, and other then not being able to get the values to avg out with some damn decimal points, it works fine
I used the tool with great success. Loved it. Really helped to find those guys on your roster who fit your style.

Sent from my Galaxy s4 so deal with the short hand
Old 05-11-2015, 05:56 PM   #459
Rookie

JRT2006's Arena

Thats good to know because I've implemented the same system in the new tool, works exactly the same as the excel tool does.

Not just trying to find a good way to format it for viewing.

Datasheet form.......report?
Old 05-12-2015, 09:56 AM   #460
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
ehh...maybe a few.

Loved it. In fact, I've used it a lot more than the scouting one (then again, I'm still in Week 2 of my 1st season...) and it's helped me approach things a little differently than in the past.

As for formatting for viewing, I could people wanting to view it more as a datasheet than a report. Then again, there are a lot of people that might prefer a cleaner report look if they're not trying to do any sorting/filtering with the end results.
Old 05-12-2015, 10:00 AM   #461
Rookie

JRT2006's Arena

I did the datasheet veiw, it wasn't very pretty, but like you said, it allows for user interaction to sort between what value they want to evaluate on
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2015, 10:21 AM   #462
Esports Manager @ Twitch

CloudFuel's Arena

OVR: 0

I don't know if this applies to you guys, but in my leagues we are not allowed to take a player more than 1 round higher than they are projected.

With that said, maybe you could have a projected vs grade option? Projected being where the game has them and then grade being where the tool has them so that you could see if you have a 3rd round projected with 1st round talent. I think you're already kinda doing that, but maybe make it a little more obvious to help differentiate between players?
Old 05-12-2015, 11:47 AM   #463
Rookie

JRT2006's Arena

I would think the complicated thing with that idea would be, what justifies a 1st round pick? What value would be considered a 1st rounder? You would need an range to determine that considering we can't really scout every available player
Old 05-12-2015, 11:54 AM   #464
Esports Manager @ Twitch

CloudFuel's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
I would think the complicated thing with that idea would be, what justifies a 1st round pick? What value would be considered a 1st rounder? You would need an range to determine that considering we can't really scout every available player
True. If you use the V/MV idea that I had in my tool, I think you could come up with expected ranges of players from the best to the worst by position and then just specify what range equates to which round.

The V/MV concept is already looking for the absolute max a player could be and when the NFL does the draft they are not only comparing players in the current draft, but also to previous drafts to see how they'd stack up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »