Home

CPU Quarterbacks taking sacks has broken this game....

This is a discussion on CPU Quarterbacks taking sacks has broken this game.... within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-22-2014, 08:43 PM   #73
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: CPU Quarterbacks taking sacks has broken this game....

I am officially waving the white flag. The game is so close to being a great football game that I was willing to try anything to curb the sack issue, but in the end nothing helps, not All-Madden, not penalties, sliders, voodoo, black magic, Harry Potter's wand, nothing. Today was my Appomattox. After dealing with the profile reset for like the 50th time, I started playing as the Browns vs the Saints in CFM, I sacked Drew Brees 6 times in the first half and I personally didn't record a single one. Off it went, never to be played again unless something is done about it, which simply isn't happening because if it were, it would have been done.
Old 10-24-2014, 01:19 PM   #74
Banned

OVR: 5

Its unfortunate, but I think i am going to quit trying too. its just too irritating. thanks to everyone's slider sets, and help.

Maybe next year, but i wont even think about getting it until mid October at the earliest.
Old 10-24-2014, 03:48 PM   #75
Rookie

crenk's Arena

OVR: 4

I echo your feelings....Its is so strange but at some point Madden went from being fun to being irritating for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2014, 06:21 PM   #76
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
I am officially waving the white flag. The game is so close to being a great football game that I was willing to try anything to curb the sack issue, but in the end nothing helps, not All-Madden, not penalties, sliders, voodoo, black magic, Harry Potter's wand, nothing. Today was my Appomattox. After dealing with the profile reset for like the 50th time, I started playing as the Browns vs the Saints in CFM, I sacked Drew Brees 6 times in the first half and I personally didn't record a single one. Off it went, never to be played again unless something is done about it, which simply isn't happening because if it were, it would have been done.

I agree with this I tried playing yesterday and after getting the profile reset 3 out of 4 times I logged on yesterday I think my madden days of playing 15 are over for yr pretty sad as I finally just started a cfm after the newest patch.

I was 6 games into my cfm and had a league leading 40+ sacks and my last game I sacked the qb 10 times the cmp got me 5 and I wasent even trying to sack the qb.

this game started out to be pretty good but with all glitches popping up and bs reset glitch its just not fun anymore to have keep resetting everything everytime u log in.
Old 10-25-2014, 02:55 AM   #77

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

I'm using some sliders on All-Madden that were given to me outside of OS and definitely see a drop off in sacks for myself. I played Seattle last game and their offensive line had pass block ratings across the board of 78-67-79-79-79 yet I only managed 2 sacks as a team. Having said that, the downside is now the CPU can survey the entire field and with pin point accuracy drop dimes all over the field regardless of the accuracy slider (which is at 5 for CPU for the record). My biggest issue is the CPU doesn't throw off target enough, doesn't make enough bad reads and is so hell bent on checking down right at the snap that that's probably more the reason for the drop off in sacks then anything else. I've read a lot of people praising the game for making steps in the right direction but I just don't see it, I feel it's the same thing every year, fix one thing while creating 2 other problems then rinse and repeat every year.
Old 10-25-2014, 02:55 AM   #78

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

I'm using some sliders on All-Madden that were given to me outside of OS and definitely see a drop off in sacks for myself. I played Seattle last game and their offensive line had pass block ratings across the board of 78-67-79-79-79 yet I only managed 2 sacks as a team. Having said that, the downside is now the CPU can survey the entire field and with pin point accuracy drop dimes all over the field regardless of the accuracy slider (which is at 5 for CPU for the record). My biggest issue is the CPU doesn't throw off target enough, doesn't make enough bad reads and is so hell bent on checking down right at the snap that that's probably more the reason for the drop off in sacks then anything else. I've read a lot of people praising the game for making steps in the right direction but I just don't see it, I feel it's the same thing every year, fix one thing while creating 2 other problems then rinse and repeat every year.
Old 10-25-2014, 12:35 PM   #79
Pro

Dwaresacksqb's Arena

OVR: 1

I haven't bought the game for 5 years because of the game turning from fun to frustrating to work in the matter of a month. I'm a Sim guy who cares about a realistic football experience. I enjoy the games until some game breaking problems start to rear their ugly head. It gets me so frustrated I start hating EA. I then look for help trying to fix the issues and the game turns into a job. I just couldn't take it anymore and decided to take a stand. I was maybe a little closer to purchasing this year because of owning a next gen console (xboxone) but in the end I noticed nothing changed. The sack issue being number one. It's a damn shame.

The NFL can talk all they want about having integrity as a league and caring about their fans but it's all a crock of bull. All they care about is money and can care less about what you or I think about their product. The exclusive license and EA give/make the NFL plenty of money for them to turn their cheek on us. Continue to support EA Madden Football and this is what we deserve. The courts aren't going to save us from no monopoly.
Old 10-25-2014, 04:20 PM   #80
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chef
Put the CPU accuracy down to 4. Trust me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »