Home

CPU Quarterbacks taking sacks has broken this game....

This is a discussion on CPU Quarterbacks taking sacks has broken this game.... within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-21-2014, 02:37 PM   #49
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: CPU Quarterbacks taking sacks has broken this game....

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
I dont`get it. I just ran Madden25 and i had 42 sacks in the entire season. This was not an issue last year. What they changed?

The idea of a Software V1, V2, V3, is get that software better and, bettewe. Fix bugs, and add features.
In madden, they fix bugs, and they create New bugs, and they add features and they removed Features. Sometimes i feel they do it on purpose.

This is not even a new engine.

SMH.
Weird. I got tons of sacks on M25. McDonald had like 28 alone for me one season with Aldon and Brooks not too far behind. It's actually been better for me on M15.
Old 10-21-2014, 03:21 PM   #50
Banned

OVR: 5

If EA would just release a simple document explaining what sliders do what, including penalty sliders, they could clear up all this confusion.

But we all know that will never happen. they will continue to let us walk around like blind men in a dark room. Why? Who knows.
Old 10-21-2014, 04:52 PM   #51
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

I don`t think they work. i mean i played from 0 to 100 on PB department and i still get sacks. There are no more options there.

pass rush slider was removed, but i still wonder if they did work at all.

Sliders need to be more effective. 0 should mean 0 and 100 should be 100 with all in between possible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2014, 05:41 PM   #52
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by treq21
If EA would just release a simple document explaining what sliders do what, including penalty sliders, they could clear up all this confusion.

But we all know that will never happen. they will continue to let us walk around like blind men in a dark room. Why? Who knows.
I don't even know if they could. I doubt any developer would ever admit how much the penalty sliders effect gameplay yet never get called.
Old 10-21-2014, 06:16 PM   #53
Pro

T5063's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by treq21

Why? Probably because it would expose what an utter mess the game is underneath the hood.
Old 10-21-2014, 06:42 PM   #54
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by T5063
Why? Probably because it would expose what an utter mess the game is underneath the hood.

Exactly. I can't think of any other reason why they would make 'penalty' sliders effect both penalties(some are still rarely called even if set to 100) and gameplay when they should just be separate. It wasn't always this way, and talk about a change for the worse, because now a lot of us have a bunch of different theories, and we're still not sure which slider exactly does what.

"Lower the accuracy...that'll slow down robo qbs...no, if you lower accuracy the qbs will hold on to the ball for too long...lower pass reaction, raise coverage for a more realistic game...if you want to see less sacks, play on fast or very fast."

Old 10-21-2014, 06:49 PM   #55
Rookie

Rickyfins75's Arena

OVR: 0

Hey guys ive had allthese issues too. There are many factors that cause the sack issue. Ive been doing lots of testing with many sets to get a good gameplay, realistic stats and sacks. These are the sliders i came up with they are a hybrid of armor and sword, quinn, jarrod, mvpeterson and using rushinplayallgames theory on def coverage and reaction. Ive tried anything and everything believe me. Hope this helps fellas its all madden but its not too difficult id almost call it all madden lite
No qb edits, no def icons, no assists
All madden fast speed
15 min qtrs 15 sec runoff
Inj 50 Fat 60 Thres 0

Aarons subs (you can find them in jarrods and mvpetersons sliders)

Special teams
50 35 40 60 50

Penalties are same as mvpeterson

Qb acc 15/15
Pass blk 70/100
Wr cth 45/45
Run block 0/5
Fumbles 35/35
Def pass reaction 20/20
Ints 40/40
Def pass coverage 85/85
Tackling 40/40

Check these out use them as a base set and check out all the above names they have good sets. im personally seeing good animations, solid gameplay, the right amount of sacks and penalties, a good variety of games and accurate stats.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2014, 07:12 PM   #56
Rookie

Rickyfins75's Arena

OVR: 0

This is the page to see the video for the coverage/reaction theory. In his video playlist under "ps4 madden 15 sliders." His sliders are for all pro but his ideas about sacks are good. There is no sweet spot because we all play different. Ea says theres no sack issue because they test everything on default without sliders. Using fast speed helps, not using def icons helps too but there has to be somewhat of an offensive/defensive balance in the sliders to get a near perfect gameplay across the board. With my sliders above i get 4-6 sack games and i get 1-3 more often. I see wonderful animations and qbs do take shots because they have the time to do so. The lower tier qbs stay in the right comp % too. Its all how you play and who you play.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...allslider.html

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »