Home

Draft Changes for Future Madden Titles

This is a discussion on Draft Changes for Future Madden Titles within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-02-2015, 01:00 PM   #73
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Draft Changes for Future Madden Titles

I see a lot of room for improvement in scouting and draft. Actually, one of my biggest issues with the draft classes could be addressed through customization. I tend to play longer sims (many seasons). The names database they use is awful! Every draft has so many players with the same last names! Ok, fine if it's a "Jones" or "Smith", but by season 5 every team seems to have multiple players with the same last names. I am in season 4 right now and I have THREE Dobbins and three Sams. On my team alone!

As for scouting, I agree that you should get measurables for free.
Old 03-02-2015, 01:19 PM   #74

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toupal

Cusefan, did you really make a whole new account, just to copy and paste your old message?! LMAO!

How desperate are you to not see customization in this game?

2nd one was a spam bot.
Old 03-02-2015, 11:17 PM   #75
Pro

Lexicon's Arena

OVR: 16

My biggest areas of concern are Combine and Presentation.

There should be an actual combine so that we can see the players before we draft them. Get a visual on their frame and how they play. All combine drill numbers are public knowledge, so there's no reason we should have to scout for stuff like that, and I don't like the way those numbers are presented now (i.e. from 1-100 instead of 40 times and bench reps, etc).

As for presentation, the draft screen should be either one of two things: The draft floor at some generic auditorium, or it should be in the war-room. Having this generic looking screen come draft day definitely knocks down immersion for me.

There's A LOT that can be improved with the draft still, and presentation is Madden's weakest area, in my opinion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2015, 02:39 AM   #76
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

If they want to continue with the rpg route, the draft should be one a well. Give xp to your scouting department. You can decide what positions you want to level up to get more accurate scouting results. But combine numbers should be set in stone. Have guys that don't go to the combine or not do certain drills in order to have some intriguing prospects and an air of uncertainty. Have pro days that you can decide to visit if you want. You would get scouting reports for every player but the accuracy would be determined by his level in that certain position. Some teams obviously draft better players at certain positions and seem to always find those gems.
Old 03-03-2015, 05:43 PM   #77
Esports Manager @ Twitch

CloudFuel's Arena

Jesus Christ.

No wonder it takes forever for EA to make the changes we beg for... when someone brings up a legitimately solid idea half of the people here attack it and try to change it!

If we (the supposed SIM community) can't come to an agreement... then how in the world do we expect EA to hear what we have to say... considering how little of the Madden community we represent?

We need a solid/coherent voice to be heard.
Old 03-03-2015, 09:47 PM   #78
Banned

You should NO QUESTION be able to customize the draft classes. There should be no reason why you can't keep the same story lines and just change the players name.

In most games a "player" is assigned a number in a database and you fill in all the info pertaining to that player. So player #10292 is Joe Blow. During the season, Blow tears his ACL or his father was a coach or whatever.

Why can't I change Joe Blow's info and player #10292 is now Jameis Winston. So now during the season there's a storyline about how Jameis Winston tore his ACL or his father was a coach because those were the storylines assigned to player #10292.

You can still have your storylines with the ability to edit a draft class. And if you like the randomness - you can have the option to keep it random. Should be a very easy task to program something like that in.
Old 03-04-2015, 02:43 PM   #79
Rookie

The scouting mechanic right now is horrid. Scouting is one of the least fun and immersive aspects of a franchise despite the draft being maybe the most important part of building an NFL team.

We also need to be able to do custom draft classes.
Old 03-04-2015, 02:44 PM   #80
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajimithing
You should NO QUESTION be able to customize the draft classes. There should be no reason why you can't keep the same story lines and just change the players name.

In most games a "player" is assigned a number in a database and you fill in all the info pertaining to that player. So player #10292 is Joe Blow. During the season, Blow tears his ACL or his father was a coach or whatever.

Why can't I change Joe Blow's info and player #10292 is now Jameis Winston. So now during the season there's a storyline about how Jameis Winston tore his ACL or his father was a coach because those were the storylines assigned to player #10292.

You can still have your storylines with the ability to edit a draft class. And if you like the randomness - you can have the option to keep it random. Should be a very easy task to program something like that in.
This is basically exactly how the old SI covers were done in the NCAA game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »