Home

Draft Changes for Future Madden Titles

This is a discussion on Draft Changes for Future Madden Titles within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-22-2015, 05:20 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Draft Changes for Future Madden Titles

I don't even care about the stupid names they generate (saw a guy named Parker Parker once..) Just let us change the hair styles (TIRED OF SEEING EVERYONE WITH DREADLOCKS) the body type (Some linemen look like DBs) and remove the stupid generated pictures - half of them are just old player pictures morphed with one another. I can name two players off the top of my head - Kelly Gregg & Shaun Ellis.

Can we just go to silhouettes again?

Also, why do all CBs, WRs and TEs have Road Warrior football pads on? They really stand out and are an eye sore.

Last edited by Remmsterr; 02-22-2015 at 05:23 PM.
Old 02-22-2015, 05:23 PM   #58
MVP

Toupal's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remmsterr
I don't even care about the stupid names they generate (saw a guy named Parker Parker once..) Just let us change the hair styles (TIRED OF SEEING EVERYONE WITH DREADLOCKS) the body type (Some linemen look like DBs) and remove the stupid generated pictures - half of them are just old player pictures morphed with one another. I can name two players off the top of my head - Kelly Gregg & Shaun Ellis.

Can we just go to silhouettes again?
LMAO! I thought that one guy was Shaun Ellis when I first saw it!
Old 02-22-2015, 05:40 PM   #59
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toupal
LMAO! I thought that one guy was Shaun Ellis when I first saw it!

LOL. TBH I'm just tired of seeing these old pictures morphed and added on to players that don't match. Saw a QB one time with that Kelly Gregg picture.. How does that even make sense? Just eliminated it if its gonna be this broken. But I want to be able to change the hairstyles of these dudes and their body types. Almost every player having dreadlocks, revo helmet, Road Warrior football pads (CBs, WRs and TEs) with double wrist bands on their left wrist is getting really annoying
Old 02-23-2015, 01:15 AM   #60
MVP

Toupal's Arena

So I decided to play Madden 2005 the other day, just for fun. And it blows me away with all the feature that they have removed. Back when I used to play I would import my draft classes from NCAA, because I LOVED having the realism of real college players, but I decided to go with their draft classes because I didn't have my memory card. Either way, I start scouting players, and I came across this.

This has all the vital information for a real scouting report. Not only that, but it has side notes, player comparisons, and everything real scouts use.

This was in a game that is now 10 years old.... I am just saying, what is your excuse for this EA?
Old 02-23-2015, 08:26 AM   #61
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Seeing that kinda pisses me off...

Would take that system over what's there now every day of the week.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2015, 01:34 AM   #62
Pro

Trick13's Arena

Quote:
So I decided to play Madden 2005 the other day, just for fun. And it blows me away with all the feature that they have removed. Back when I used to play I would import my draft classes from NCAA, because I LOVED having the realism of real college players, but I decided to go with their draft classes because I didn't have my memory card. Either way, I start scouting players, and I came across this.

This has all the vital information for a real scouting report. Not only that, but it has side notes, player comparisons, and everything real scouts use.

This was in a game that is now 10 years old.... I am just saying, what is your excuse for this EA?

EA has failed to get back to even half the satisfaction they delivered in the glory days of PS2.

I miss those days; playing almost all your games against human opponents because you could "guest star" meaning that you had to play to win - it was more difficult to stat pad.

We would play entire playoffs and do a whole offseason over a single weekend - we would play about half the games against the cpu, then rotate getting together at each guys house - where the user controlled team would have to play against 2 or 3 users on the opponent team - the only handicap the users controlling the CPU team had was the rule - you had to use the CPU team's playbooks. And the user team could call off the dogs at half time if the users on the CPU team were too successful - though almost always the player with his team had a huge advantage in knowing their playbook and personnel. Plus there was some communication issues playing 2 or 3 vs 1.

The game back then felt more like it was in your control and yet did a far better job of making stars at certain positions play like stars - Keyshawn Johnson was a jump ball king and would dive (more like fall down) on low slant passes, you could manually dive for catches.

DEs like Simeon Rice were a terror - even when users left them under CPU control. Great LBs played like great LBs so players would often "user" or manual control the weakest players on their team allowing the great players to just do their job, while trying to make big plays with guys in development stage or the weak link they had to sign to stay under the cap.

You had player roles which meant not being able to keep 3 WRs happy on a run first team. Defense needed expanded player role impact because it was far too easy to stack defenses back then, giving you the ability to have depth better than other starting teams.

You had cut moves which made scat backs far more useful than there are now. Oh and double coverage, delayed blitzes, create a play, reorganizing your custom playbook.

The offseason had restricted FA, you could actually see FAs in the roster menu where you could sort them by STR, SPD, or whatever.

Scouting - you got all the combine numbers and then scouting would give you random tidbits like you see above. Having the combine number meant you could completely avoid bad scheme fits, but still would get busts and gems from time to time.

The draft - your team's fans boooed or cheered depending on who you drafted...

Don't get me wrong - I remember the nano blitzes, the impossible to cover routes, DBs played with a collective negative 50 AWR - never even contested jump ball catches - and I remember FA being in need of some work - you could sign 4 90 rated CBs to your team, possible in large part to the Quarter being a base defense option if you had the players and the 3-5 DBs would get enough positive attitude from sacks (nano city) to stay happy. There were issues with custom formations flipping at LOS would cause even the RG/LG RT/LT to switch places. You could create routes that were impossible to get a bump on. And the game never respected momentum/physics.

All those negatives, and it was still more engaging than what we have in this gen.

Someone should really introduce EA to the phrase;

"In order to move forward, sometimes, you have to look back."

To recapture the fun factor of those days would be epic for the customers, and I believe it would be epic for sales as well...
Old 02-24-2015, 06:53 AM   #63
Banned

Steel4Reel's Arena

Quote:

Excuse? Allow me to answer on EAs behalf...

We have the exclusive NFL license and we are your only option. Hows that excuse?

There ya go.

Seriously though, that is infuriating. How many realistic features have they dumped in favor of arcady, extremely flawed, gimmcky trash?
Old 02-24-2015, 09:25 AM   #64
Ain't nuttin but a peanut

Mizzou24's Arena

OVR: 2

Man I wish they would do that scouting report and combine stuff again.. I really wish the rpg improve Ur ratings would go away too that is just annoying to me.. Instead of that why not just have a training regime focused on what U want the players to focus on.. Depending on the work ethic of the player would result in how well he improved..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »