Home

What Does Madden Do Well???

This is a discussion on What Does Madden Do Well??? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2015, 11:31 AM   #25
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: What Does Madden Do Well???

Online head to head with a good connection can be as smooth as playing someone on the couch next to me. That's incredible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2015, 11:57 AM   #26
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Appreciate all the responses. Glad to get some feedback on what the game does well in your opinion. I've always heard what it doesn't do well, but even from the fans and "defenders", I've never really gotten what it excels at.

Personally besides stadiums, graphic fidelity, and online play, and MUT, I don't think it excels at much on the field. I think it does alot of things ok or decent though.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 06-01-2015, 12:07 PM   #27
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Here is my list:

Running game: I actually prefer the running game in Madden 15 over any game I've played before it. There are still places where it can improve but its well done.

Stadiums: They look great and the attention to detail is amazing. Wish there was a constant focus on improving them though. EA typically updates them all in a batch and then moves on.

Presentation: At this point, I enjoy the commentary, stat overlays, starting lineup overlay, QB intros and player specific replays. Broadcast cameras are stadium specific and they look just like what we see on TV.

Online: Best online experience around. Very little lag. While other games do SO many things better, I can always guarantee that if I want to get a game of Madden in online that I can.
Old 06-01-2015, 12:58 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 0

- The presentation elements added for 15 were pretty good. I'm surprised at how tastefully done the commercials are

- The players having some actual charisma post-play is refreshing

- Community file-sharing is a great idea

- Defensive perspective camera was a great thing in NCAA so adding it to Madden was a good move

- On XBOX One, the voice commands really add an extra layer of connection to the game. Really want to see it on PS4 as PS4 has voice command abilities as well

- Madden Moments is always a fun little distraction (love the Patriots-Packers one in 15). Would love to see a situation creator like we had in older football games, and it would be hot to be able to share/trade moments as community files and set challenges and such

- In-game saves is a big deal, not as much now since PS4's later update has it where you can pickup exactly where you left off in every single game, but still, it's good to see that effort

- Night game lighting I think is fantastic. It has that realistic little 'sizzle' touch that Madden had always been missing at night

- Being able to switch cameras at the line is great. Still want to see user-defined cameras like some football games had as far back as 2 generations ago, and the ability to set camera angles for different specific game situations (Kickoff camera, Offense camera, Defense camera, Punt return camera,etc) but this was a good start

- More close shots pre and post-play was a nice touch. Still a ways to go to get to the Madden 12 level, but it was acceptable enough for this season to me

- As much as we complain about the things wrong with Madden's player models (and it's totally justified), we have to at least credit them with the reality that no football game has done it better than what we got in Madden 15

- Sonic quality has taken a strong step up since Madden 13. I can remember times in past Madden's where this was a big problem especially with commentary where it would sound like one or both announcers were just replays of voicemail messages over a cellphone with bad reception

- And as much justified flak we give Tiburon over their animations, there are times when those go very right. On my little nothing YouTube channel that I use purely for archiving at the moment, I balance both good and bad elements of Madden. Here are a few strong animation sequences that show the potential Madden has:

Old 06-01-2015, 01:15 PM   #29
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by bringbacksimfootball
- The presentation elements added for 15 were pretty good. I'm surprised at how tastefully done the commercials are

- The players having some actual charisma post-play is refreshing

- Community file-sharing is a great idea

- Defensive perspective camera was a great thing in NCAA so adding it to Madden was a good move

- On XBOX One, the voice commands really add an extra layer of connection to the game. Really want to see it on PS4 as PS4 has voice command abilities as well

- Madden Moments is always a fun little distraction (love the Patriots-Packers one in 15). Would love to see a situation creator like we had in older football games, and it would be hot to be able to share/trade moments as community files and set challenges and such

- In-game saves is a big deal, not as much now since PS4's later update has it where you can pickup exactly where you left off in every single game, but still, it's good to see that effort

- Night game lighting I think is fantastic. It has that realistic little 'sizzle' touch that Madden had always been missing at night

- Being able to switch cameras at the line is great. Still want to see user-defined cameras like some football games had as far back as 2 generations ago, and the ability to set camera angles for different specific game situations (Kickoff camera, Offense camera, Defense camera, Punt return camera,etc) but this was a good start

- More close shots pre and post-play was a nice touch. Still a ways to go to get to the Madden 12 level, but it was acceptable enough for this season to me

- As much as we complain about the things wrong with Madden's player models (and it's totally justified), we have to at least credit them with the reality that no football game has done it better than what we got in Madden 15

- Sonic quality has taken a strong step up since Madden 13. I can remember times in past Madden's where this was a big problem especially with commentary where it would sound like one or both announcers were just replays of voicemail messages over a cellphone with bad reception

- And as much justified flak we give Tiburon over their animations, there are times when those go very right. On my little nothing YouTube channel that I use purely for archiving at the moment, I balance both good and bad elements of Madden. Here are a few strong animation sequences that show the potential Madden has:
Great Post

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain

Last edited by N51_rob; 06-01-2015 at 01:31 PM. Reason: Double Vids in B2B post makes for hard reading.
Old 06-01-2015, 09:07 PM   #30
Rookie

Kingd803's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Here is my list:

Running game: I actually prefer the running game in Madden 15 over any game I've played before it. There are still places where it can improve but its well done.

Stadiums: They look great and the attention to detail is amazing. Wish there was a constant focus on improving them though. EA typically updates them all in a batch and then moves on.

Presentation: At this point, I enjoy the commentary, stat overlays, starting lineup overlay, QB intros and player specific replays. Broadcast cameras are stadium specific and they look just like what we see on TV.

Online: Best online experience around. Very little lag. While other games do SO many things better, I can always guarantee that if I want to get a game of Madden in online that I can.
I get what your saying about the running game overall. But the terrible running animations don't hurt that for you?
Old 06-01-2015, 09:20 PM   #31
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingd803
I get what your saying about the running game overall. But the terrible running animations don't hurt that for you?
Nah. Terrible is relative. I've played every single console football game ever released and I wouldnt call the running animations in Madden 15 "terrible." My favorite football game is NFL 2k and I thought its running game and some of the animations were below par.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2015, 09:28 PM   #32
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Nah. Terrible is relative. I've played every single console football game ever released and I wouldnt call the running animations in Madden 15 "terrible." My favorite football game is NFL 2k and I thought its running game and some of the animations were below par.
Yep. Coming from Atari/Intellivision and the 2 stick shuffle... I can live with Maddens. Obviously I Hope things always improve each year but this isn't something I'd let my enjoymemt.of.the game lessen over or anything.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »