Home

What Does Madden Do Well???

This is a discussion on What Does Madden Do Well??? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2015, 11:34 PM   #33
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: What Does Madden Do Well???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Yep. Coming from Atari/Intellivision and the 2 stick shuffle... I can live with Maddens. Obviously I Hope things always improve each year but this isn't something I'd let my enjoymemt.of.the game lessen over or anything.
Yeah I mean coming from the original Madden, I'm just happy to have real teams, real players and stadiums.......

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 06-02-2015, 12:05 AM   #34
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Nah. Terrible is relative. I've played every single console football game ever released and I wouldnt call the running animations in Madden 15 "terrible." My favorite football game is NFL 2k and I thought its running game and some of the animations were below par.
I feel like the run game on madden is limiting because of its sluggish footwork. You cant do much in the way of agility, everything is a dedicated juke command. It can be fun tho.

Thinking more on the topic, i like the physics mostly. I had a really cool play where i was a blitzing off the edge, swim moved the linemen and came screaming at the qb. The rb picked me up but my momentum pushed him back forcefully and he rammed the qb knocking him down for the sack. I replayed that like 10 times. I was so suprised because previously i had a similar situation where i said "his momentum should have been represented better.

Sn: much respect to the amount of catches they added. Madden has been lacking there forever.
Old 06-02-2015, 01:05 AM   #35
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0

Being caught in an animation kills the run game and passing game...

What is also ridiculous, IMO only, is that we have player ratings to determine how well players should perform on the field, supposedly in relation to some real world statistics, but yet we also have skill levels from Rookie to All-MAdden, which manipulate these things, and in regards to All-MAdden, merely makes the CPU defense psychic...Wish we could just get a game of football based on the fundamentals of the game...With that, we could have things to make the game more difficult as in rookie to All-madden, but I believe we need to know what is being manipulated in the ratings..

All I am seeing is the psychic players on defense..Am I off base here?

In closing - I am definitely not a great madden player by any means, but with that, All-Madden skill level is nothing but PURE computer manipulated player ratings and gameplay; you could just remove ratings at that level..

That is what madden does well, manipulates ratings with no known reason..

Last edited by 4thQtrStre5S; 06-02-2015 at 06:05 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2015, 08:08 AM   #36
---

TexasFan2005's Arena

They've been mimicking the CBS presentation very well, imo. They just need to continue with this and add some more variety to the mix. Also, I really like the new music they included in Madden 15 for the starting lineups & commercial breaks. They should continue with this theme, as well as add some new commercial adverts (make them skippable for people who don't want to see them, of course). I mean, if we're all screaming for realism, then we very well know that a 3 hour football game consists of 2 hours of advertisements.
Old 06-02-2015, 10:49 AM   #37
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Yeah I mean coming from the original Madden, I'm just happy to have real teams, real players and stadiums.......
Come on Sage. You know what he means. This site and the internet in general is full of hyperbole and over hype. Playing other games doesnt excuse Madden for its shortcomings but it does give you perspective. Some of the older games I've played had significantly worse animations and blocking AI so I dont know how anyone could describe Madden's running game as "terrible".

It seems to me that people equate not meeting your high expectations with being terrible. I equate something being "terrible" with it actually being terrible (bad animations, movement etc.)
Old 06-02-2015, 10:58 AM   #38
Rookie

Kingd803's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Nah. Terrible is relative. I've played every single console football game ever released and I wouldnt call the running animations in Madden 15 "terrible." My favorite football game is NFL 2k and I thought its running game and some of the animations were below par.
Yeah 2k5 animations were kinda wonky. I personally think madden 04 had great running animations. Actually a lot of EA's ps2 era football games had great running animations.

I called them terrible compared to what I've seen other non football games do in terms of animation quality. Does that make sense? I had fun with M15 running game overall. I feel like it's the best it's been in a while but for me the animations kill it. So it's hard for me to say it does it well. Which is just my opinion. I see where you are coming from tho
Old 06-02-2015, 11:18 AM   #39
Rookie

That's hard to say. Every aspect is either missing components (franchise) or not representative of the real thing (ratings, proper technique, player awareness). The only thing that stands out to me is the animation fluidity is getting much better, hopefully moreso. Really glad to see photo realism wasn't a priority. Maybe they made it look better in motion.
Old 06-02-2015, 11:38 AM   #40
BRING BACK F2000 HELMET!!

l8knight1's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
Interested in what you mean by this
I think he also means that the NFL has a lot of say in what they allow EA to do, for example. There was a thread a while back of things they couldn't put in the game because the NFL nixed, like helmets coming off. They are, and likely will continue to be very much in control as it pertains to what they consider maintaining the image they want to portray.

Madden does a ton of stuff well. Besides all the gameplay and on the field cameras/presentation stuff, there's a lot of little stuff going on each year that wasn't there the year prior. I'm not a MUT guy, but if it wasn't for MUT, I wouldn't have retro gear to suit up retro teams.

Skyboxer has a great outlook. I too have made a ton of friends because of the game. He got 15 early and he was honest and hugely informative updating us as he played the game for the first time. He's balanced with his opinions. It's easier to pick apart the game than to write about both pros and cons. While some things are great, and some things are inexcusable, looking at both pros and cons of the game can help in understanding why things with the game are the way they are.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »