Home

IF the gameplay is good enough, can it make up for what CFM appears to be lacking?

This is a discussion on IF the gameplay is good enough, can it make up for what CFM appears to be lacking? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2015, 07:49 PM   #17
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: IF the gameplay is good enough, can it make up for what CFM appears to be lacking

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
If the gameplay is good, I could find a mode to enjoy the game in some way. I'm not in the camp that thinks maddenball = good gameplay tho, and aggressive vs conservative catching controls don't have me believing we will get anything but another version of classic madden.
Look forward to discussing this with you and seeing how you feel after E3.
Old 06-11-2015, 07:51 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: IF the gameplay is good enough, can it make up for what CFM appears to be lacking

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Did you play 15?
Yes I have 15, it sits while I either do The Show or Netflix
Old 06-11-2015, 07:58 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
There was also the commentary about how they did on third down conversions, stopping the run, forcing turnovers, how they ranked in rushing, passing, it wasn't all bad. Overall commentary was still bad last year, but there were some nice touches. I personally have only seen 0s on banners one time in about a season and a half of CFM.
It was bad. There was no flow at all.

You could immediately tell that they were different lines recorded at separate times.
We would get maybe one line "last week they were amazing at getting to the QB, picking up over 5 sacks"
Then nothing about that for the rest of the game.
Spoiler

Half of the games I played showed Flacco's previous game as zeros across the board. Don't know why that is. Conversely I never experienced the redo the opening segment bug.
Old 06-11-2015, 08:07 PM   #20
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Half of the games I played showed Flacco's previous game as zeros across the board. Don't know why that is. Conversely I never experienced the redo the opening segment bug.
Yeah, I would say the good majority of my games had the zeroes issue as well. Are you on Xbox? I had a feeling it might have something to do with Auto-On (or whatever it's called) thing with the Xbox but never actually tested it. I also thought that it could have had something to do with the auto-save files but again I never tested that either.
Old 06-11-2015, 08:11 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Yeah, I would say the good majority of my games had the zeroes issue as well. Are you on Xbox? I had a feeling it might have something to do with Auto-On (or whatever it's called) thing with the Xbox but never actually tested it. I also thought that it could have had something to do with the auto-save files but again I never tested that either.
PS4.
I may be mistaken, but I think it did not happen as often if I played games back to back.

Think there was something I probably did to trigger the zeros. Could be as simple as playing game, making roster change, simming ahead kind of deal. Something was causing the game to drop the previous weeks stats.

Edit: And in fairness to the presentation, the sack issue took away from it. Each week I had to hear the lines about my teaming swarming to the QB.

Last edited by ggsimmonds; 06-11-2015 at 08:13 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2015, 08:17 PM   #22
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

I don't see the distinction between CFM and gameplay because to me CFM _is_ gameplay, albeit gameplay in a different mode than on the field.

To address the spirit of the question - I'll probably still enjoy Madden 16 so long as everything on the field is a reasonable iterative step up from what existed in Madden 15. I'm kinda easy to please.
Old 06-11-2015, 08:22 PM   #23
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
I don't see the distinction between CFM and gameplay because to me CFM _is_ gameplay, albeit gameplay in a different mode than on the field.

To address the spirit of the question - I'll probably still enjoy Madden 16 so long as everything on the field is a reasonable iterative step up from what existed in Madden 15. I'm kinda easy to please.
Sounds like you're an anomaly for OS, I rarely find people that can be easily pleased here. That's ok though, I'm actually the same way, I'm big into immersion and CFM presentation, and understand why people say and feel the way they do.
Old 06-11-2015, 08:34 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

Yes, gameplay could make up for CFM if it is good enough, but what would make it good enough?

My initial answer was no because I answered the question with reasonable expectations for gameplay.

If gameplay is good enough it could make up for nearly everything else. It would make up for not having a NFL license. But that requires a unreasonable standard for gameplay.

That is my view anyway.
I'd be careful about overselling the gameplay improvements. In an effort to defend and support the game you may be laying down the kindling for a future fire.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »