Home

IF the gameplay is good enough, can it make up for what CFM appears to be lacking?

This is a discussion on IF the gameplay is good enough, can it make up for what CFM appears to be lacking? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2015, 08:41 PM   #25
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: IF the gameplay is good enough, can it make up for what CFM appears to be lacking

For me, no. Personally I only play solo cfm. I will play 16, because I somewhat enjoyed 15. But I always ask why can't we have both improved gameplay, CFM, presentation, etc. Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't they seperate teams?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2015, 08:46 PM   #26
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Re: IF the gameplay is good enough, can it make up for what CFM appears to be lacking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Yes, gameplay could make up for CFM if it is good enough, but what would make it good enough?

My initial answer was no because I answered the question with reasonable expectations for gameplay.

If gameplay is good enough it could make up for nearly everything else. It would make up for not having a NFL license. But that requires a unreasonable standard for gameplay.

That is my view anyway.
I'd be careful about overselling the gameplay improvements. In an effort to defend and support the game you may be laying down the kindling for a future fire.
It has nothing to do with defending or supporting the game, it's my honest opinion. I felt M15 gameplay was a 7.5/10.
Old 06-11-2015, 08:51 PM   #27
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10

Yes and no.

Playing in an online CCM can supplement the shortcomings of the CPU and lack of CCM features, but at the same time nearly all of the presentation features added to the game in M15 were lost when playing a user. Very little presentations elements survived from CPU games to USER games, making the season feel like a series of unranked online games.

Whether I'm playing Madden, NBA2k, or the Show I want to enjoy the offline franchise modes as well. I'm the type of player who focuses on roster management, offseason, and only plays playoff games (if I ever make them). In recent years I've abandoned Madden offline CCM due to what little it offers in the area of non-game aspects of the CCM, so if gameplay is the only sound portion of M16 then I would once again contain my gameplay to the online CCM.
Old 06-11-2015, 08:51 PM   #28
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

I just really need a smart and unpredictable CPU. If EA can figure out a way to make playing the CPU feel like playing a human, then I'll tip my cap to them.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 06-11-2015, 08:54 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
I just really need a smart and unpredictable CPU. If EA can figure out a way to make playing the CPU feel like playing a human, then I'll tip my cap to them.
Excellent point. Improved, dynamic AI adds a lot to franchise modes.

If I have to approach each game differently, and each opponent on my schedule has a different gameplan I would really enjoy a CFM, even if the other features are lacking.

Minor semantic point though -- Unpredictable AI is not a good thing. Unpredictable means random. That would be a disaster. I understood the spirit of the comment though.
Old 06-11-2015, 08:57 PM   #30
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
Yes....I would love to hear that one year they improved the CPU playcalling, decision making, style of play to match their personnel
Old 06-11-2015, 08:57 PM   #31
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

IF the gameplay is good enough, can it make up for what CFM appears to be lac...

Yes it would for me. Gameplay is the most important part of the game for me by far. Unless things about CFM (goals and progression) affect the gameplay negativaly like in Madden 15.

I want full immersion from CFM no doubt but, since I mostly just play online CFM we create our own.

Last edited by charter04; 06-11-2015 at 09:11 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2015, 09:01 PM   #32
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
Yes it would for me. Gameplay is the most important part of the game for me by far. Unless things about CFM (goals and progression) affect the gameplay negativaly like in Madden 15.

I want full emersion from CFM not doubt but, since I mostly just play online CFM we create our own.
I'll be honest on this, at times I have a little bitterness towards you guys. I feel as though because of what you said, EA does not feel as much pressure to add to the immersion factor of CFM for us offline guys.

Bitterness may be the wrong word because it is no fault of yours, hopefully you understand where I am coming from.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »