Home

Donny Moore, the 'Madden Ratings Czar', Leaving EA

This is a discussion on Donny Moore, the 'Madden Ratings Czar', Leaving EA within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-29-2015, 02:27 PM   #561
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Donny Moore, the 'Madden Ratings Czar', Leaving EA

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
I would have to see some real data to back up the idea that casuals play CFM. I'm sure they dable but, I highly doubt they go more than one season. It's just too much of a time investment.

I would rather hope for more than settle for what it's always been.

I'm sure some do but, it's got to be a pretty small number.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Speaking from family experience, I have nephews and cousins that play online and offline CFM's that are anywhere between the ages of 14-40 who are Madden casuals.

At the end of the day, as I mentioned previously, if they make the menus simple and maybe some tutorials on CFM, it shouldn't matter to the casuals that play CFM.

They will learn and adjust.

My larger point is that EA will market more to the casual market.

I don't think there is a need going forward to go down the same old casual vs sim for the umpteenth time.

Last edited by roadman; 12-29-2015 at 02:38 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2015, 05:12 PM   #562
MVP

Gman 18's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Speaking from family experience, I have nephews and cousins that play online and offline CFM's that are anywhere between the ages of 14-40 who are Madden casuals.

At the end of the day, as I mentioned previously, if they make the menus simple and maybe some tutorials on CFM, it shouldn't matter to the casuals that play CFM.

I don't think there is a need going forward to go down the same old casual vs sim for the umpteenth time.

I could be wrong but wasn't madden 12 franchise mode kinda marketed more toward the sim gamer? I really don't remember the advertising too much but I know they spoke about and added a lot of stuff that year to make it more immersive, such as 75 man rosters, players placed on injury reserve no longer take up roster spots, improved scouting, free agent bidding, etc.

Old 12-29-2015, 05:51 PM   #563
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman 18
I could be wrong but wasn't madden 12 franchise mode kinda marketed more toward the sim gamer? I really don't remember the advertising too much but I know they spoke about and added a lot of stuff that year to make it more immersive, such as 75 man rosters, players placed on injury reserve no longer take up roster spots, improved scouting, free agent bidding, etc.

Gameplay additions for Madden 12:

To support awareness for concussions, players who suffer a concussion during gameplay will no longer be allowed to return to the game.[11]

A new collision system uses momentum to produce more authentic tackling and hits with 100 new tackle animations, including 40 gang tackles.

AI enhancements allow players in zone and man coverage to correctly recognize and react to plays with the capability to break out of assignments when necessary.

The custom playbooks feature allows the player to modify an existing playbook or create his or her own by selecting plays from 75 playbooks.

The opening presentation for games includes mascots and cheerleaders for all teams that have them.[12]

Player traits change dynamically throughout a game based on his performance.

Digital Spy gave the Xbox 360 version a score of four stars out of five and stated: "A severe lack of additional game modes and revolutionary new features means that many of the tweaks will only really be noticeable to hardcore fans. Casual onlookers can rest assured, however, that Madden NFL 12 is one mighty fine football game and worth checking out if you've been on the bench for a few years."

Not a lot of enhanced game play features for Madden 12, but I know the concussion system, the collision system and player traits were ramped up in marketing

Last edited by roadman; 12-29-2015 at 05:54 PM.
Old 12-29-2015, 06:17 PM   #564
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman

Two of my best friends are Madden casuals and they play CFM.

They never scout, are allergic to free agency, don't resign players/let AI handle that, and have no clue how to draft. They basically just want to play a few seasons to break records with their favorite players.

EA can and should make CFM as deep and sim as is possible. The casuals will simply not care about the additions and ignore them, but it will not scare them off.
Old 12-29-2015, 06:29 PM   #565
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Two of my best friends are Madden casuals and they play CFM.

They never scout, are allergic to free agency, don't resign players/let AI handle that, and have no clue how to draft. They basically just want to play a few seasons to break records with their favorite players.

EA can and should make CFM as deep and sim as is possible. The casuals will simply not care about the additions and ignore them, but it will not scare them off.
Agreed, this has been discussed over the past decade. All one needs to do is search/ look up the different threads of CFM in here. If CFM is a focus, I'm sure there will be some deep stuff. I don't expect them to add the whole kitchen sink in one year, but, I've been surprised before.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2015, 10:39 AM   #566
Flyin' High

Birdman18's Arena

OVR: 8

There are so many good ideas here for ratings, that I wish EA would just take this thread (remove the insults) to heart and realize they have a community who could really help them out and make Madden so much better

www.daddyleagues.com/GFL16
Old 12-30-2015, 06:30 PM   #567
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

I would love to see the scouting used for the attributes and have OVR reflected by production. The production rating is already there.. just convert that to OVR.

That's really what OVR is... a numeric representation of how well the actual player produced in real life. The attributes help explain why a player is good or not, but these can be adjusted based on injury, scheme, etc while the actual OVR rating can just be a fluctuating number based on how the player is producing.

Watch me play video games
Old 12-31-2015, 09:18 PM   #568
Rookie

OVR: 2

Now that Don is gone are there going to be anymore roster updates? They are usually released on Thursdays in the afternoon but one wasn't released today.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »