Home

Is The New Aggressive Catch Overpowered? (Possible Tweak Coming In Tuning Update?)

This is a discussion on Is The New Aggressive Catch Overpowered? (Possible Tweak Coming In Tuning Update?) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2015, 05:10 PM   #9
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Madden 16: Is the new Aggressive Catch overpowered?

Quote:
Originally Posted by takki
I haven't played the game yet obviously but in every video I'm seeing of Madden 16, people are just lobbing it up to their WR and getting spectacular catches over perfect coverage on almost every throw.

Alot of these, the DB actually intercepts the ball but the receiver tears it out of the DB's hands in mid-air.

This really has me worried, as I was starting to get excited for this year, since they seemed to have fixed most other issues I had with the gameplay. Yes, I'm aware that you can press a button to "play the ball" which will knock the ball out of the receiver's hands and isn't as risky as trying to intercept it. But I'm not seeing any youtuber use it.
IMO, most, not all, but most Users who take control of the defender, like to play hero ball, and go for the pick all the time. Pass breaks up aren't sexy. With that being said, it does seem OP, so people who don't use sliders will probably be P'Oed quite a lot.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 08-15-2015, 05:14 PM   #10
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

My first reaction is that it seems OP but, the thing I want to see is how it plays out on All Madden difficulty. From what has been shown I don't think any footage is on AM. Pro or All pro is what it's on.

Also the deep ball was money with tall receivers on Madden 15 already. Just watch video's by these same youtubers.

In the league I'm in we had lot's of deep ball catches. At least the CB's have a chance to defend it now.

The completion percentages seem to be lower in every video I've seen. These guys usually complete very high %.

As was already said though, we won't really know until the masses get the game.
Old 08-15-2015, 05:27 PM   #11
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
My first reaction is that it seems OP but, the thing I want to see is how it plays out on All Madden difficulty. From what has been shown I don't think any footage is on AM. Pro or All pro is what it's on.

Also the deep ball was money with tall receivers on Madden 15 already. Just watch video's by these same youtubers.

In the league I'm in we had lot's of deep ball catches. At least the CB's have a chance to defend it now.

The completion percentages seem to be lower in every video I've seen. These guys usually complete very high %.

all-pro is default difficulty online so thats disheartening
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2015, 05:32 PM   #12
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

I agree with SS earlier, we really don't know until we play it ourselves.

The aggressive catch itself might not be the problem though.

I like that the WR can attack the ball now, I really do.

I think the bigger problem is how often the ball is put right on the money for it to be caught only by the WR. I think if accuracy is tuned a little bit the aggressive catches will balance out more evenly between the WR and DB.

I think, slider wise, this year we need to find the best synergy between WR catching, pass coverage, and QB accuracy to perfectly balance the passing game.

To be clear, I am not saying we need more blatant overthrows and underthrows, the ball can still get to a catch-able area, but just more in a place where the DB is able to make a play on it as well. Just a small tweak in accuracy/odds of putting the high point right on the money.

Also, I think aggressive catches would be easier to stomach if there weren't so many one handed snags popping up in the vids.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.

Last edited by The JareBear; 08-15-2015 at 05:34 PM.
Old 08-15-2015, 05:35 PM   #13
Ain't nuttin but a peanut

Mizzou24's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
I agree with SS earlier, we really don't know until we play it ourselves.

The aggressive catch itself might not be the problem though.

I like that the WR can attack the ball now, I really do.

I think the bigger problem is how often the ball is put right on the money for it to be caught only by the WR. I think if accuracy is tuned a little bit the aggressive catches will balance out more evenly between the WR and DB.

I think, slider wise, this year we need to find the best synergy between WR catching, pass coverage, and QB accuracy to perfectly balance the passing game.

To be clear, I am not saying we need more blatant overthrows and underthrows, the ball can still get to a catch-able area, but just more in a place where the DB is able to make a play on it as well. Just a small tweak in accuracy/odds of putting the high point right on the money.

I definitely agree accuracy looks to be alarming, but hopefully sliders will fix that.. In the past it really hasn't done it for me. Hopefully they tuned the accuracy sliders to work better this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-15-2015, 05:38 PM   #14
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingd803
Certainly seems so. It's actually getting old already just from these YouTube videos. Feels like I've seen the same animations many times.

I don't understand why you need all this button pressing. Just let it play out naturall. Let football be football. I guess the button mashing is for the masses. Gives it that back of the box feel. Oh EA
As soon as I play the game, whether thru early copy or EA Access, I am going to stream all my gameplay and will be playing strict no-switch (no influence at all with ball in the air). Hopefully we see some organic gameplay that way

OS Blog

Old 08-15-2015, 05:39 PM   #15
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04

Rev did post a full game on AM in the pre-release video thread by QTR, just in case you missed it Charter.

OS Blog

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2015, 05:42 PM   #16
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
Rev did post a full game on AM in the pre-release video thread by QTR, just in case you missed it Charter.

Yes I did miss that. Thanks for the heads up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »