Home

Is The New Aggressive Catch Overpowered? (Possible Tweak Coming In Tuning Update?)

This is a discussion on Is The New Aggressive Catch Overpowered? (Possible Tweak Coming In Tuning Update?) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2015, 07:50 AM   #33
Banned

CanOfCornCobb's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 16: Is the new Aggressive Catch overpowered?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
For offline gamers, sliders, sliders and sliders.

I think the holy grail will be able to be reached.
I agree 1000%. As long as they fixed the sliders (like they said they did) then I dont see any reason why this wont be the best Madden to be released in the last 10 years and this is a man who hasnt purchased a Madden on midnight since Madden 12
Old 08-16-2015, 08:15 AM   #34
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

Now, here is my real question on this. According to a couple of Game Changers I've heard speak on this question. They claim that it is not OP, but that people in the videos dont know how to play it correctly. Saying they are "playing the ball" instead of "playing the wr" which is saying if you play the wr then somehow that stops it from being OP. Somehow , i have my doubts on this , but since numerous of them seem to be saying this, either they are lying , or its true . One of the two.

Id like to see some videos to prove it if they are telling the truth, and not just one or two plays.Seems like ive already seen about 20 or more plays of wrs winning the battle. So it would be nice, if they really want to disprove its that its OP , how about numerous videos on the defense stopping the aggressive catches.Mainly on those throw high by the qb.

Because at the end of the day, no matter how good the rest of the game is , if sliders cant fix this from being OP in online leagues..... then they just screwed that up once again for all online leagues. A repeat of last year, adding something in that really ,really hurts online leagues *confidence,regession* and the worst part , not even bothering to patch it and making us just deal with it all year.If this is the case this year, im done with Madden. Enough of making a decent game but throwing in some stupid wrench that just ruins the fun of it and not fixing it .

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 08-16-2015, 08:44 AM   #35
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

I watched a stream last night of a guy playing a CFM game on All-Madden and he just kept throwing it deep. Just about every time he would come down with it and the guy had two defenders covering the receiver.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2015, 08:56 AM   #36
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
I watched a stream last night of a guy playing a CFM game on All-Madden and he just kept throwing it deep. Just about every time he would come down with it and the guy had two defenders covering the receiver.
And this type of bs will kill CFMs fun. Why is this hard for them to understand? I can see it now, leagues gonna have to make a rule, you can only do 5 aggressive catches per game to stop this bs .

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 08-16-2015, 08:57 AM   #37
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by droopizzle34
It seems like this feature is a way to make the RC legit in the game. You had to have stick to do the RC and when you did it was owerpowering in the game, and now EA has just made it a 'feature'....

when I saw Dez take a ball away from Sherman in one of the videos, I went and cancelled my pre order. Yes, this will be overpowering and you can bet your bottom dollar the Madden sites will find ways to exploit this.
Because Dez Bryant has never jumped over corners and taken the ball away, right?
Old 08-16-2015, 08:57 AM   #38
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

it seems so long ago the days where making catches took skill. no more fighting for position and pressing triangle at just the right moment. now you just hold down a button and your WR makes an amazing 1 handed catch. i really dont like that, whether it turns out to be balanced or not.
Old 08-16-2015, 08:59 AM   #39
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
well I heard from someone else on here yesterday that they watched a streamer playing online who played against someone who threw deep bombs to larry fitzgerald all game. he said it didnt work.
Old 08-16-2015, 09:00 AM   #40
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
Because Dez Bryant has never jumped over corners and taken the ball away, right?
But would he win that battle 8 out of 10 times in real life? i think not.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »