Home

Is The New Aggressive Catch Overpowered? (Possible Tweak Coming In Tuning Update?)

This is a discussion on Is The New Aggressive Catch Overpowered? (Possible Tweak Coming In Tuning Update?) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2015, 10:58 AM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 16: Is the new Aggressive Catch overpowered?

regardless , if we non switch or not, the fact the EA Dev Rex even stated its OP , should be enough for all of you to rethink this game. Clearly they had every intention making this OP. which is down right stupid..
Old 08-16-2015, 11:18 AM   #58
MVP

MoneyOvaHuds's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
But would he win that battle 8 out of 10 times in real life? i think not.

Idk dez a monster
Old 08-16-2015, 11:42 AM   #59
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameBreaker35
Oh ok. I thought that visual cue shows up even with the CPU driving the outcome. Good to know.
I actually think that you're right. People who have the game can let us know what's what, but I thought that if you have the indicators on, they will show up for both User and CPU triggered catches. So I'm not sure that the no switch leagues are going have any way to externally police this process. They are going to have to rely on the honor of their members.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 08-16-2015, 11:51 AM   #60
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
I actually think that you're right. People who have the game can let us know what's what, but I thought that if you have the indicators on, they will show up for both User and CPU triggered catches. So I'm not sure that the no switch leagues are going have any way to externally police this process. They are going to have to rely on the honor of their members.
Oh damn.

You're right.

I apologize.

I just asked the Recalibrate guy who is streaming right now, it took a few tries for him to see my question but he answered it.

The indicators show no matter what, they are trying to tell you what type of catch the game wants you to make.

I was wrong. Sorry about that.

That's extremely disappointing.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 08-16-2015, 11:52 AM   #61
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
Another thing I'd like to touch on, slider wise, is this year I hope we aren't afraid to jack up the pass coverage slider. One thing I want to try out of the box is lowering INT but raising pass coverage rating and seeing if that results in more balanced results

Now that WRs have the ability to beat good coverage regardless we need to give defense a chance

Also, to piggy back off what someone said earlier, I'm starting to feel a big key is the pass rush. If guys are having to check down, or throw deep passes under pressure more often, that could help balance the aggressive catches and whatnot
IMO, most User slider settings don't reduce the time in pocket enough to adequately compensate for the inherent advantage that the User has in seeing the field. In my settings I try to get my time in pocket be at 2 to 3 seconds. More than 3 seconds for a User in Madden and the passing game is simply too easy.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2015, 11:53 AM   #62
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Oh damn.

The indicators show no matter what, they are trying to tell you what type of catch the game wants you to make.

I swear jpdavis or someone told me there was an option to turn it off. i asked about it a long time ago. if thats true that u cant make the indicators go away it is extremely disapointing, yeah.
Old 08-16-2015, 11:54 AM   #63
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

Quote:
Oh damn.

You're right.

I apologize.

I just asked the Recalibrate guy who is streaming right now, it took a few tries for him to see my question but he answered it.

It's going to be tough for a lot of leagues, but it seems like you guys' crew are full of stand up guys, so maybe it will be alright.

Old 08-16-2015, 11:56 AM   #64
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
I swear jpdavis or someone told me there was an option to turn it off. i asked about it a long time ago. if thats true that u cant make the indicators go away it is extremely disapointing, yeah.
It's not that you can't turn them off, it's just that if they're on, you can't determine if it's a User or the CPU triggering the type of catch being made. They're concerned about the User triggered catches creating a unfair advantage.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »