Home

CFM cut players disappear ....AGAIN

This is a discussion on CFM cut players disappear ....AGAIN within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2015, 09:00 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: CFM cut players disappear ....AGAIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azcardinal32
In my CFM the Colts cut Phillip Dorsett, their first round pick... Since I value the Red Zone Threat WR, he appears as a 62 overall to me. Since his OVR was so low, he has disappeared. Thats right, a first round draft pick from this year is no longer in the game because of this.

That's just ridiculous. No way this should be happening on next console games. The technology should be advanced enough to have working IR Along with a practice squad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2015, 09:11 AM   #42
MVP

briz1046's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixxx01
I counted Eagles roster. Had 70 on active roster. Jacory Shepard is on IR with acl tear. He is listed as inactive and was number 71. Week 1 of preseason. Also counted the Redskins as they have 2 TE on IR. but they have a total of 72 in week 1.

Ok it seems to recognizer pre existing injuries during the pre season then . The problem is then that this is not true during the cut to 53 stage which is the one that matters numbers of players deleted wise at least
Old 08-29-2015, 09:21 AM   #43
MVP

briz1046's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixxx01
That's just ridiculous. No way this should be happening on next console games. The technology should be advanced enough to have working IR Along with a practice squad.

The IR does work just not properly at the most crucial time and to be fair to the Dev team if you are familiar at all with the NFL rules regarding practice squads and eligibility they are pretty complex and would be hard to replicate accurately ( heaven knows how many bugs that would have if they ever try)
However fixing IR to work properly , using much of the same code to provide a PUP facility and increasing the FA pool size to alleviate the numbers issue and reduce deletions would solve many of these problems and would appear eminently do-able
Old 08-29-2015, 11:00 AM   #44
MVP

briz1046's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCoffee1983
This has been in the game since M12 (at least).

I emailed CS about it and got a canned response, I also tweeted Josh Looman about it twice a couple years ago, and he put me on ignore, lol.

I don't think they see it as a problem (a real head scratcher) so I'm not sure they'll fix it. They're certainly aware but they never fix it.

I mean gosh... if it were even put at like 800 instead of 400 it would make a big difference on younger guys constantly getting deleted because their OVR is just under the OVR of perennial FA's. Perhaps the way the system cache's roster memory causes delays if they set it over 400, and they can't fix it even if they want to.

I dunno.. but I wouldn't hold your breath on this getting fixed. I think it's intentional.
400 would actually be a reasonable number if it only had to account for genuine free agents however as things presently stand with no PUP practice squads or suspensions and IR not functioning properly and thus the need to account for all those designations within the FA pool it needs to be doubled at least
Old 08-29-2015, 12:01 PM   #45
MVP

CarryTheWeight's Arena

OVR: 30

For this very reason, I suggest starting CFM in preseason and NOT regular season. Some of the cuts CPU teams make are only determined on OVR rating and not on team need.

I started a temporary CFM but started in the regular season and found that high-upside Bills like Karlos Williams and Marquise Goodwin were not only cut but removed from the game entirely because their OVR ratings were in the 60's. This is why we need a fully-implemented practice squad in future games, complete with a "practice squad eligibility" on/off toggle for young players and the ability to start bidding wars over players off another team's squad.

I did a Fantasy Draft CFM and signed lower-rated players to the Jaguars to prevent this from happening (they are a "rebuild" project using a lot of athletic but raw players like Jeff Demps, Dri Archer and Joe Webb).

If I find the game's automatically removing some of those players from my roster (without my knowledge) because of incoming rookies I'll be very upset. Not only is there no reason for players to be removed from the free agent pool but there should also be no reason why players should inexplicably disappear from a user's roster. It just doesn't make sense. If they're retiring due to ability (like in The Show), the least the game could do is show us a list of retirees.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2015, 12:20 PM   #46
Banned

OVR: 5

If they fix everything in one year, what will they add next year? I know it sounds like conspiracy theory, but I really think this is the motivation. For a game that only changes incrementally year to year, they have to do something to keep selling it. If they fix everything in one year I guarantee sales go down the next.
Old 08-29-2015, 12:25 PM   #47
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by treq21
If they fix everything in one year, what will they add next year? I know it sounds like conspiracy theory, but I really think this is the motivation. For a game that only changes incrementally year to year, they have to do something to keep selling it. If they fix everything in one year I guarantee sales go down the next.
That really doesn't hold any water at all, there's always more to add.
Old 08-29-2015, 01:24 PM   #48
MVP

briz1046's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by treq21
I think I personally could supply them with a list of 5 additions every year for the next 20 years or more and I'm sure I'm not alone so this really isn't a valid argument. Also it doesn't account for sales lost due to lack of improvements

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »