Home

Connected Franchise Mode Improvements

This is a discussion on Connected Franchise Mode Improvements within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2015, 10:40 PM   #17
MVP

Toupal's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Connected Franchise Mode Improvements

One more thing that CFM needs is assistant coaches, more in depth create a coach (leading to my next point), and the ability to add real college coaches.

This is a huge part of the NFL. I am tired of Madden cycling the same head coaches through my dynasty. Joe Philbin has already coached for the Dolphins, Packers, Bills, and Texans in 8 seasons.... You think after a while, you think teams would quit hiring him as a head coach. Additionally, we see so many NFL teams hire each others assistant coaches (Dan Quinn, Todd Bowells, Jason Garrett, or Jim Tomsula just to name a few).

Or even college coaches. The Seahawks wouldn't be the Seahawks if not for Pete Carrol. Additionally we say Jim Harbaughs success after Stanford, the Texan jump on Bill O'Brien. These are trends that are only going to continue. and if added to the game, add more realism.
Old 09-30-2015, 01:37 AM   #18
MVP

Toupal's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwaresacksqb
I want a weekly wrap up show just like 2k5 had. Is this really too much to ask for? It's only been 10 years now. I can't tell you how badly I want to care about how the rest of the league is doing but EA has made it really hard to. There is absolutely nothing. I go look at stats, awards and the weekly schedule. Thats it
I would like to see EA make use of their ESPN license

Old 09-30-2015, 02:01 AM   #19
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Just add things that make each player and league feel more alive. Scouting reports on player cards. Randomly generated articles for previews and recaps. Fifa does that already somewhat. Recap shows for the week. Halftime shows that update you on things around the league.

Nothing has to be super in depth. Simple recaps and scouting reports go a long way. Even if generic, they add so much. I want a league surrounding me with info at all times. Tickers in game showing scores around the league, stats, the top fantasy players. Halftime shows with scores around the league, maybe even generic premade clips (it worked in 2k5 and CH2k8). Weekly recap shows with the the same things listed plus trade rumors, key injuries, etc.

The more info you're surrounded with, the more alive the league feels. Even if it was generic, I'd be interested in seeing if my tea was playing in a key game according to the weekly show, if they thought my team had a chance to make the post season, etc.

― Plato
Old 02-29-2016, 12:54 AM   #20
MVP

Toupal's Arena

With word on the street buzzing about CFM and commentary getting some attention this year for Madden 17, what do you think the odds are they implement any of these ideas?
Old 03-02-2016, 11:52 AM   #21
Banned

Brightline's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugernator
This is 1000% not true. EA has no responsibility for what users do after the game is released. That's like saying if you purposely crash your Chevy Silverado into a house, the homeowner can sue GM. There is unequivocally no grounds for people thinking this.

EA got in hot water with the NCAA because THEY used players' likenesses in their product, and made direct profits without compensating the athletes.

Are you a lawyer? If so, can you expound a bit? It may not matter though, if the feature is not one that really is a make it or break thing then it may not even be worth the risk of this becoming a legal issue with even a small chance of potentially huge liability.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2016, 02:50 PM   #22
MVP

Toupal's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterperpetual
If I am the owner let me hire a GM, while it would be pointless maybe add in attributes to make a GM useful. Like if you have a good GM with good traits it encourages FA's to sign with your team.

one thing I feel Madden is getting better with in the management side of things is scouting its not quite where I would like it yet but it is getting there. That is all Ill cut my rant off here because I could keep going forever.
How about attributes to make a coach more useful? Instead of their scheme just dictating the players ratings, how about we get overall ratings for things like:

Scouting: How many scouting points you get each year/ week based on how good at scouting your coach/ gm is.
Someone like Pete Carrol for example... he only had one pick in the top 10 (Russell Okung) but he nailed his later round picks like Kam Chancellor, Bobby Wagner, Russell Wilson, Richard Sherman...)

Motivator- Can you get your players fired up for game day? Are you going to get the most out of your players? Players won't drop in overall after a bad performance, or they get a little boost in overall performance before a game, depending on how great of a motivator you are.

Recruiter- Obviously something you would think would be important in college, it is just as valuable for the NFL with the Free Agency. Can you talk that big name player into joining your team. Players value many factors into where they are going to sign; money, success, scheme fit, location, and coaching. Peyton Manning probably would have been a Bronco if it weren't for John Elway talking him into it.

Position Expert- Ever notice how some coaches always find a way to make a position on their team work? Like Mike Shanahan... I don't think he has ever had a running back not play at a pro bowl caliber for him. Alfred Morris, Clinton Portis, Mike Anderson, Terrell Davis, and Olandis Gary.

Or how some teams can move on from a Joe Montana, Brett Favre, or Drew Bledsoe, and have a Steve Young, Aaron Rogers, or Tom Brady leave off, or do better than their predecessor?

Some coaches just give that little boost (rating boost) to certain positions. Instead of just simply bumping up their overall, bump up things coaches really can affect, like awareness.

I am sure there are a million other ideas for coaching/ gm overall that i may not have thought about. But I am sure the OS community can think of some pretty good ideas.
Old 03-03-2016, 02:16 PM   #23
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

This list is not in any particular order, all of it needs to be added. While i know it cant all be done in 1 year, it all needs to be added.

1- As mentioned before with the scouting, not every player should go to combine and you get all every players info. Sorry but this whole combine thing has brought back "the cheat sheet " style of drafting in online leagues. I run one , i happen to know , its back to you best have picks in the first two rounds if you really want good players. come 3rd round you may find a good FB or DT( because seems every draft is loaded with these) , but for most other positions , your not getting alot here and on. Ive seen a total of 2 players in 6 drafts we have done not go to combine, we need alot more than that to give some variance and make it not so cheat sheet style. There have been numerous really good or even great players , that in real life were not drafted in the first two rounds.We need a greater variance added and taking 1/4 of the players in draft and not putting them in combine can really add that

2-Progressive injuries actually effecting players attributes for the long haul. Player tears an acl, he should not come back as fast everytime.

3- Weekly wrap up highlight video ( as mentioned above). Dang it 2K5 had this on a much much weaker system , there literally is no excuse anymore as to why they cant do this if they wanted to.Time to add it to madden for leagues.

4- A real challenge system ( this could be for cfm and just gameplay )- dang let me pick what im challenging and let the computer clearly see guys foot is a yard out of bounds and reverse the call correctly .

5- Scouting info on opponent in game prep- Look in the real NFL cordinators compile all kinds of info on next weeks opponent. From plays they like in sitautions, what they run the most, etc. We have coach glass , which is cool, but hard to always be looking at during a game. In game prep we need all that info compiled on that oppenent ( only based off his stats and playcalling in that particular CFM) and let us go over the info, add that info into the practice team you play in practice( so they play that same way), and let us actually play offense and defense against the plays they run most, situational stuff as well.Let us actually prepare to play that actual opponent.

6-I want to see the coach glass info , added in place of the "community suggestions " and plays. Instead of telling me what the majority of lobby kids run ( because this info shows what all people playing online does most) , show me the same data but only whats complied on this guy im playing in this weeks game, and only what he does in this particular CFM. So when it says " the Broncos run toss on 2nd and 8 and average 8 yards per play" .It means that only this guy is that the case. Because honestly i dont care what all these lobby kids run and their data has no place in my CFM as far as im concerned, it does not benefit me . However if it only showed info on this guy im playing.... now thats helpful and something a real NFL team would know and look at , when making their playcalls. There could be other stuff added to that, alot of the info that coach glass has is very good info, but alot to keep up with when having to look at another screen . Id prefer to see this info somehow put in game, on my tv screen, during my CFM games.

7- Hope they fix the way practice is now. Let me just pick plays like i do after each play , so i dont have to friggin pause the practice , then slide over and pick " new play" everytime i want to run a different play. Id even like a "full game scrimmage" added . So i could run that with my team, with the info listed above, playing the scrimmage team who plays just like my opponent will based on what he normally trys to do.So i can really gameplan what seems to work best and what dont against him. Even add in situational practice stuff, two minute drills, defense needing a stop to end game , etc . We should be able to practice all these situations with our actual CFM Team and roster.

8- Add the ability to set someone on auto from the CFM Website. This is such a pain in the butt for a commish , even with 5 admins. someone has to stop everything to get to their ps4 to do it. Let me do it from a website please.

9- We have all said this, but let us pick our matchups on the defensive side of the ball , so our best corner can try to guard Julio , even if someone puts him in the slot. Come on.

10- Id like to see better contract negotiations. Instead of letting us start just below what they are asking for and bump it up a few 10 k until we get them to sign for lowest amount possible. Only allow 1 offer per week ,and maybe only let them even entertain a new offer every 3 -4 weeks, So people will have to actually offer them money,not just find lowest point they can get them to sign . FA Bidding is always lame in CFM because no one really has a hard time resigning the guys they want to keep. FA is always full of any high rated overall players are 30 and up and have regressed and no one willing to pay them to play now.

11- This kinda of goes with # 11 - Players need to be requesting contracts based on their actual stats and production after their rookie contract is up.To often WRs and HBs can be resigned to cheap just because they have a lower overall , because their awareness is not high enough to generate a high overall. But you can take a wr with low awareness, but is fast and can catch and they can be a great offensive production that isnt costing you much .Same for HB thus they only request small contracts and saving a team alot of money in the end for other positions. They should be asking for amount in contracts based on their skills for their position and their production in seasons past. This would cause teams a much tougher choice ( like in real life) on how to manage those contracts and see good players hit FA who arent so old ( according to madden ) they arent good for much anymore.

12-Bring back live weather. Used to be in madden 10 i believe. It was tied to the weather channel . Whatever the weather was in the city your playing the game in, at the moment your playing, is the weather you play in , during the game. Id like to see that updated at start of each quarter, so it could change during the game. might start off just cold, but be snowing come third quarter. Or start out a light rain but turn to downpour in 2nd quarter.

13-Turn off SIM Injuries. Its simple, if a game gets simmed in a week, injuries should just auto switch off for all simmed games. Sometimes in fast moving leagues, two opponents cant get a time to work out, so they agree to sim win. then commish is getting a text " please turn off injuries for our game " , every single time. This is hard to do all the time, but if you dont , theres a good 70% chance 1-4 players are getting hurt in that game, and not just for a game or two. I get it , injuries happen in real life, but lets please stop sim injuries.

14- Bring back communities , so we can add our cfm owners to them and let us export our CFM roster/teams to the communities , so we can play games with them, testing out different set ups , depth charts , and plays , and just get more used to our teams outside of cfm. Also , this would be so great for those dreaded Bye weeks, that every online CFM Head hates. This way everyone on a bye could schedule games together and still play with their cfm teams during that " down time".

15- A true customizable Draft Board, so if you cant make the draft ( and you cant get to a computer soon if you have a ps4 and use remote play) the CPU will have to start at your #1 player on list and go from there when your picks come up. So you can organize it to force who the CPU picks. Even with that, id like to see it a step further. Say i want a CB with my first pick, but there are only 3 i really want in that first round. Let me set a range for each pick, positions it should go to . So say all 3 of those CBs are picked before my pick, while they are listed #1,2and 3 on my list, it tells cpu , if they arent there, i want my top LB listed that is left, and it could in turn go to the top LB listed. This is a true customizable draft board.

16-Update the dang CFM website, make it more functional .See daddyleagues and team up with them , work together and create something grand.

Ive been a commish since madden 12, year round. I have seen improvements but still alot needs to be done.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 03-03-2016, 02:28 PM   #24
Rookie

SyncereBlackout's Arena

Would be nice to have dynamic season goals. For example instead of giving my OL XP for yards gained, each level should build upon the next: (big mauler season goals) X rush attempts; X rush yards; X TD from within the 5 yard line.

NY Jets
NY Yankees
NY Rangers
Florida Gators

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »