Home

Five New Additions For Madden NFL's Franchise Mode We'd Like to See

This is a discussion on Five New Additions For Madden NFL's Franchise Mode We'd Like to See within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2015, 06:32 AM   #33
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Five New Additions For Madden NFL's Franchise Mode We'd Like to See

basically every 'new addition' I and others want are things that were in past games - which is pretty maddening

(no pun intended).
Old 10-20-2015, 06:45 AM   #34
MVP

OVR: 1

more than 5 cos im copying a prior post i made

- Not all players go to the combine at Indy, or to a regional combine so wouldn't expect all players to have draft scores
- Wunderlich result if appropriate and GPA (madden 08) and what year they are, did they redshirt are they a junior etc
- All players that attend Indy (dont know about regionals) have medical check, so injury history and INJ rating, i dont want to draft someone with low tgh or inj, and %age of downs played for their position on their stat card indicating possible stamina
- Senior Game as per Madden 08 PC
- training camp, otas etc as per mods for Madden Amp(?) for Madden 08 PC
- RFAs and all types of franchise tag Madden 08/HC09
- practice squad
- resigning a free agent you signed in that year during the season
- when trading up/down during draft, the pick number being offered if that pick is for that draft, or any trade post season before pick is chosen
- dressing 46 (47 with 3rd QB new rule recently?) as per HC09
- formation subs as per madden 08/hc06/hc09/NCAA 14 but system highlights when sub isnt present due to injury not dressed (see above) no limit to number of subs in my opinion if i want to do it
- morale madden 08
- personality and ego hc09
- coordinators and position coaches as HC06/HC09
- ability to instruct team on field to try and strip/intercept or any of the things you can do in NCAA 14 at playcall
- captains
- play design, specifically defence. ie if i want to create 3 man under with 3-4 even or 3-3-5 nickel i can, or half zone half man or whatever (hc06/hc09/madden 08) and for offence i suppose
or as the 49ers had stellar lbers in 2013 why cant i create 2-5-4 formation
- assignments ie cb1 stays with wr1 unless cb has trait for being a plonker and only playing one side
- true coach mode
- practice mode (and defence only option) where the camera stays at all 22 or wide after an iteration of a play (links to play design and testing) so i can field coverage etc
- ability to practice as your defence vs your offense ( and what string 1/2/3 (hc06) both of your playbooks not having two logins to do that
- behind the defence/defender camera (madden 08, dont have m15 for xbox one)
- player edit
- in game save (s/w dont rely on xbox one functionality)
- visibility or prompting by my staff where a player may be suited better as mlb rather than ss (ie can cycle thru positions when editing and over is shown without committing and red yellow green flag from staff if they support the poistion change for each position as you cycle
- injured reserve and designated to return, pup etc
- decent 3-4 NT prospects please, NT and being double teamed
- show me my 3-4 team not 4-3 during presentation
- ir and roster size and cutting being correct during preseason
- being able to watch cpu vs cpu
- watch probowl or have to coach it as your teams performance meant its you
- change wording at coin toss ie want wind at back in 4th qtr
- visibility of cap (forecast) for future years and cap space and affect on those years if you trade for or away or release or sign etc. ie i gotta resign my hb next year what is my cap looking like assuming mod round pick costs
- weekly training schedule (as per game i wont name) in lieu of game prep
- choosing training/medical staff/scouts etc and getting to choose the best if you can afford it
- relocation; conceptual artwork photos of stadium chosen/designed. logically same for uniforms
- IR designated to return (not cut)
-PUP
Old 10-20-2015, 09:29 AM   #35
Banned

OVR: 0
1. How about having ratings not change from "Play Now" mode to Connected Franchise? If a player is an overall 94 rating in "Play Now" there is no reason why he should change to 86 in Connected Franchise.

2. Autosubs should work properly.

3. Make the pre-season more meaningful so that you actually have a reason to play the 2nd and 3rd stringers.

4. Get rid of EA trax/soundtracks and put the time and money into improving game play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2015, 09:54 AM   #36
The Print Guy

65South's Arena

OVR: 23

This is awesome. There are A LOT of great thoughts for additions in this thread. With a lot of game related additions, a few of note for me are a bit more usability related.

User experience in the menus
The menus...my goodness. I will say they are much more streamlined and clean this time around, but for the love of gamers please make it more user friendly. One of the biggest peeves I have is when I hit Circle or B to back out of a menu. Just let it back up one level instead of going back to the main screen or resetting.

For example, when I'm going through my roster to find which guys to cut, I sort through to a specific position let's say WR. I check WR 6's player card to check his traits in order to be able to compare him to WR 5, etc., back out of the player card, then I'm back at the full roster list of all positions... I would love for when I back out of the player card for a WR for it to go back to the WR position group so I could continue my process without having to re-sort every time.

Player card
This brings me to my second thought, the player card. I love the new menu with all of the options on the left, huge upgrade from last year. Maybe again it's the fact that after I check the traits, it backs out to a full roster menu, but I think something needs to be done here. There has to be a more intuitive way to get this information on players. Would it make sense to add to their traits the player's development level of slow, normal, quick or superstar? I just think it's out of the way to have to go to Upgrade Player, then shift over as if you’re going to upgrade him in order to find out a player's development.

Also, maybe add something where if I hit RB or R1 while in the player card, it takes me to the next player on the roster instead of having to back out and do the process all over again??

Compare players.
If we could add to the console a way to compare two (or more) players. I know this is a feature on the website where you can compare up to 4 players, but the option to find FAs absolutely sucks online. I would love to be able to click players to compare them side by side with free agent options as well as those on my own roster. If there was something that allowed me to compare say FS A on my team to the top two free agent FSs that would be awesome. I’ve found myself on too many occasions jotting down attributes on paper to be able to go back and compare them to a FA’s attributes. Maybe something could be developed in a wishlist style comparison like what is done for the draft.

Formation Subs
Lastly, bring back formation subs. I don't think this needs much detail.

PSN: Sixty5South
Old 10-20-2015, 09:58 AM   #37
MVP

mjavon's Arena

1. Menu improvements. Hold my spot when I open a players' card. And for that matter, let me access the player card on EVERY screen I can see the player on: stats page, awards page, depth chart, free agency, trade center, etc. I shouldn't have to back out all the way to the roster screen to look at their card. Also, include the team name detail in their career stats page.

2. Around-the-league score ticker.

3. Position battles.

4. Morale and team chemistry, personality types.

5. Meaningful coaches and coordinators.
Old 10-20-2015, 10:22 AM   #38
Into the Wild

beekay415's Arena

OVR: 5

me personally would love an expansion team option in franchise.
Old 10-20-2015, 10:35 AM   #39
Just started!

Three improvements I'd like to see in the CFM:

1) Improved career stats/records - I'd love to see top ten records for each team. I know they can't go as deep as Front Office Football, but they can definitely do better than they are now. Marshall Faulk should show up on the Rams and Colts top 10 career rushing yards with his yards for only those teams, then show up on the NFL top 10 with his total yards. I'd like to see the QB I draft climb the passing yards ladder for my team, even if he never approaches an nfl record. Or holding on to the aging RB for another year because he's only a few hundred yards away from #2 all-time on my team.

2) Have coaches really mean something - If you hire Rex Ryan, your defensive players should get a boost and your offense should suffer, needing a top notch OC to make up for Ryan's offensive liabilities. Maybe have the top OC's and QB's not want to sign with a coach like that (defensive minded...overbearing...etc)

3) Fix the formation subs - no explanation needed.
Old 10-20-2015, 11:24 AM   #40
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by maafla1
1. How about having ratings not change from "Play Now" mode to Connected Franchise? If a player is an overall 94 rating in "Play Now" there is no reason why he should change to 86 in Connected Franchise.
thats just the players rating changing according to whatever scheme you're running.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »