Home

Five New Additions For Madden NFL's Franchise Mode We'd Like to See

This is a discussion on Five New Additions For Madden NFL's Franchise Mode We'd Like to See within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2015, 03:47 AM   #57
MVP

Toupal's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Five New Additions For Madden NFL's Franchise Mode We'd Like to See

Nothing in there about customization.... shame
Old 10-29-2015, 09:59 AM   #58
Rookie

cheddabob7502's Arena

OVR: 3

I would like to include my few cents:

-Rosters, make it like the real NFL were you have to activate and deactivate roster spots, like the NFL you can only dress a certain amount of players, not just 53 designated, this would make it more strategic to how many D-Line play versus CB and so on, (this is why practice squad would be important)

-Defensive camera, (there is only one/two option) the camera options to Play offense should be the same amount as it would be on Defense.

This are only a couple that come to mind so far besides the others
Old 11-11-2015, 09:56 PM   #59
Rookie

SyncereBlackout's Arena

Practice squad of 22. Where the practice squad players get (minimal) XP (+100 per player per week).

A built in waiver system for CFM where a commissioner would have the ability to set the OVR of the players that must pass through waivers. (Or make it based on years in the league and the week of the season the the NFL)

The ability for CFM commissioners to turn off visual settings for the entire league (and other similar settings)

I would like player ratings to fall in 3 buckets. Physical - ones that don't change/fluctuate very much (combine stats); coach able- awr & play recognition which can be upgraded with XP but capped by players learning ability (and hopefully a learning attribute similar to NFL coach); and skill attributes which will be dynamic and linked to position coaches, scheme and player confidence/drive goals/Milestone's.

I would like assistant and position coaches that gain XP based on player performance and the success of a gameplan (based on scheme/play style)

NY Jets
NY Yankees
NY Rangers
Florida Gators
Old 11-12-2015, 12:23 AM   #60
MVP

OVR: 13

Let us fully edit the players ala NCAA14
Old 11-13-2015, 12:15 AM   #61
Rookie

apmw13's Arena

A few thoughts, some of which have been in previous iterations. Most of these apply to owner mode (maybe coach mode too).

1. Coaching Staff. It would be great to hire offensive/defensive coordinators. These coordinators offer different XP advantages to certain specific postions (i.e. passrushers or safeties, etc). Depending on what coordinator is hired it also affects/decides what scheme you run. So, if you are the Panthers for example and hire Wade Phillips you move from a 4-3 to a 3-4 scheme and so on. You can of course, also hire one of these coordinators as a potential head coach and could make an offer to a coordinator from a team.

2. Get rid of the option to hire a scout and replace them with actual NFL GM's. Signing a GM can give you the scouting bonus trait and re-sign traits for certain positions. A head coach can still have this but it's more rare. A GM could also come with a certain philosophy that if in unison with your HC could add for XP, scouting bonuses etc. It would make the strategy interesting and finding the right mix of GM, Head Coach and Coordinators could give you a little bit of an edge in XP for example. A GM like Ozzie Newsome would offer more weekly scouting points than a young GM maybe. These are just thoughts.

3. The Draft Process. Mock drafts that get released every 3 weeks, for example. It would make it interesting and also give you more of an idea where a draft day trade might be needed.
Also, it would be fun to be able to edit the draft class at the beginning of the season to a certain extent. You can maybe create the type of players and an x amount of ability points. This way you can not create a prospect that is 99 overall. But this can fluctuate and come draft time this player might have lost point or gained points. Still keep story line players in the draft, these can be non editable.

4. Being able to edit relocation teams. In my eyes it would be fine to have a set amount of logo's, uniforms, team names. A la Madden 15, 16. But let us mix uniforms, logo's and cities. Also, let us change the colors if we so chose. If you want to move a team to Brooklyn, call them the bulldogs (currently only available for London), use the uniform option of the aftershocks but pick a green and red color scheme for logo's and uniforms, let us do that.
Also, if we want to relocate the rams to LA for example, let us keep the name but change the uni's. But so it would work with the legal side of things you can only use the current color scheme or the team, but apply that color scheme to one of the uniforms from the pool we can chose from.

5. Updated equipment. Fifa has this every year. It's a little detail that adds to the realism. New gloves, helmets, etc. NCAA gave us good options.

Again, these are just ideas and it might have been a little long winded, but I think these would be cool and add some excitement to CFM and make everyone's CFM experience a little more unique to the next persons.

Last edited by apmw13; 11-13-2015 at 12:18 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2016, 06:59 AM   #62
MVP

OVR: 1

previously posted most of these:

- in roster you change teams if you want to look at WRs, in the old versions you could look up Free Agents or Entire NFL (as if they were a team), ie im looking for a WR where CAT is sorted high to low, i want to scan through all players/teams inc FAs to find say a sub 23 yr old who is 80+ cat i can then manually look for CIT/RTE etc

- back up one level not right back to the beginning when navigating
- Not all players go to the combine at Indy, or to a regional combine so wouldn't expect all players to have draft scores
- Wunderlic result if appropriate and GPA (madden 08) and what year they are, did they redshirt are they a junior etc, declaring early etc
- All players that attend Indy (dont know about regionals) have medical check, so injury history and INJ rating, i dont want to draft someone with low tgh or inj, and %age of downs played for their position on their stat card indicating possible stamina
- Senior Game as per Madden 08 PC
- training camp, otas etc as per mods for Madden Amp(?) for Madden 08 PC
- RFAs and all types of franchise tag Madden 08/HC09
- practice squad
- resigning a free agent you signed in that year during the season
- when trading up/down during draft, the pick number being offered if that pick is for that draft, or any trade post season before pick is chosen
- dressing 46 (47 with 3rd QB new rule recently?) as per HC09
- formation subs as per madden 08/hc06/hc09/NCAA 14 but system highlights when sub isnt present due to injury not dressed (see above) no limit to number of subs in my opinion if i want to do it
- morale madden 08
- personality and ego hc09
- coordinators and position coaches as HC06/HC09
- ability to instruct team on field to try and strip/intercept or any of the things you can do in NCAA 14 at playcall
- captains
- play design, specifically defence. ie if i want to create 3 man under with 3-4 even or 3-3-5 nickel i can, or half zone half man or whatever (hc06/hc09/madden 08) and for offence i suppose
or as the 49ers had stellar lbers in 2013 why cant i create 2-5-4 formation
- assignments ie cb1 stays with wr1 unless cb has trait for being a plonker and only playing one side
- true coach mode
- practice mode defence only option where the camera stays at all 22 or wide (links to play design and testing) so i can field coverage etc
- ability to practice as your defence vs your offense ( and what string 1/2/3 (hc06) both of your playbooks not having two logins to do that)
- player edit
- in game save (s/w dont rely on xbox one functionality)
- visibility or prompting by my staff where a player may be suited better as mlb rather than ss (ie can cycle thru positions when editing and over is shown without committing and red yellow green flag from staff if they support the position change for each position as you cycle
- injured reserve and designated to return, pup etc
- decent 3-4 NT prospects please, NT and being double teamed
- show me my 3-4 team not 4-3 during presentation
- ir and roster size and cutting being correct during preseason
- being able to watch cpu vs cpu
- watch probowl or have to coach it as your teams performance meant its you
- change wording at coin toss ie want wind at back in 4th qtr
- visibility of cap (forecast) for future years and cap space and affect on those years if you trade for or away or release or sign etc. ie i gotta resign my hb next year what is my cap looking like assuming mid round pick costs
- weekly training schedule (as per game i wont name) in lieu of game prep
- choosing training/medical staff/scouts etc and getting to choose the best if you can afford it
- relocation; conceptual artwork photos of stadium chosen/designed. logically same for uniforms
- IR designated to return (not cut)
- ability to either amend plays in playbook to add stunts if none present or audible a dline stunt etc.
Old 01-12-2016, 12:25 PM   #63
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

Gameday inactives, practice squad and having an ACTUAL Long Snapper position which would add an element of strategy to roster decisions that is long overdue.
Old 01-12-2016, 05:04 PM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 1

I want a feature we used to have but for some reason it was taken out: bring back the coaching staffs. I want to see at least coordinators with various bonuses to different positions like we used to have. Actually give these guys coaching packages to start out with as well. Some of these guys who become head coaches are already really good at several positions, why not have their packages reflect it?

I also want retirement redone completely. They make guys retire way too young esp. when in real life these guys have several years left on their contracts and have publicly stated they will play for years to come. Having big name guys retire en mass after the first two seasons in franchise is extremely frustrating.

Why not have some kind of option during the season where you can talk to them as the coach/owner and get them to stay? Then if they agree you can then talk about honoring the rest of their deal or specify just how long they plan to play.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »