Home

Misleading title re: Equipment Updates (resolved by Rex on Twitter)

This is a discussion on Misleading title re: Equipment Updates (resolved by Rex on Twitter) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2016, 10:41 AM   #25
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: So No Equipment Update for M17 :(

Some of you need to educate yourselves on what goes in to making a game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2016, 11:14 AM   #26
Banned

Brightline's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
Some of you need to educate yourselves on what goes in to making a game.
Not sure I agree with this. For a consumer all that matters is the end product, the company making the product needs to be concerned with what goes into making. If consumers aren't satisfied they can and will ask for more, if the company can't/won't provide it then...
Old 02-22-2016, 11:28 AM   #27
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightline
Not sure I agree with this. For a consumer all that matters is the end product, the company making the product needs to be concerned with what goes into making. If consumers aren't satisfied they can and will ask for more, if the company can't/won't provide it then...
If a critic of a creative work isn't willing to educate himself as to the process behind making said work at even the most basic level, he forfeits the legitimacy of his criticism.
Old 02-22-2016, 11:31 AM   #28
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightline
So instead of figuring out why things are missing from a game you feel shouldn't be, you (in general) blindly vent about these things being in the game? Maybe what you're asking for isn't as wanted as you think. Majority of my friends with systems all play Madden. I've never heard one of them complain about equipment. I'm almost certain that that is who Madden targets and not most of us on this site. Maybe the team had other priorities. There could very much be a BS answer as to why these things don't get touched, but why not do some research or ask questions before grabbing the pitchfork and screaming foul?

Understanding the product that you purchase (I feel) should be a priority of every consumer no matter the purchase. If some keep complaining of no equipment changes, yet keep buying the game year after year, well then that's on the consumer.

EDIT: I typed out all of this for nothing. Thanks Hooe lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 02-22-2016, 11:53 AM   #29
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
? Maybe what you're asking for isn't as wanted as you think. Majority of my friends with systems all play Madden. I've never heard one of them complain about equipment. I'm almost certain that that is who Madden targets and not most of us on this site. Maybe the team had other priorities. There could very much be a BS answer as to why these things don't get touched, but why not do some research or ask questions before grabbing the pitchfork and screaming foul?
Yea this is also something else that people need to remember. Most people don't care about the features that you are looking for. The big ones being things like equipment, creating draft classes, formation subs, etc. Now I would say most people will want to edit things AFTER they draft a guy. But most people will not take the time to go and create a whole draft class and pay much attention to it. What they would probably do is change all the names to guys in the upcoming draft and that's probably it. Like if you look at NBA2K there are currently 227 people viewing that forum and there are at most 10 people who are creating draft classes and that is less than 5% of people who are creating the draft classes. So should the CFM take weeks, if not months, to create a feature that only 5% of there consumer base would use? Or should they focus on other things that more people want like realistic progression/regression.
Old 02-22-2016, 11:56 AM   #30
Banned

Brightline's Arena

Quote:
So instead of figuring out why things are missing from a game you feel shouldn't be, you (in general) blindly vent about these things being in the game? Maybe what you're asking for isn't as wanted as you think. Majority of my friends with systems all play Madden. I've never heard one of them complain about equipment. I'm almost certain that that is who Madden targets and not most of us on this site. Maybe the team had other priorities. There could very much be a BS answer as to why these things don't get touched, but why not do some research or ask questions before grabbing the pitchfork and screaming foul?

Understanding the product that you purchase (I feel) should be a priority of every consumer no matter the purchase. If some keep complaining of no equipment changes, yet keep buying the game year after year, well then that's on the consumer.

EDIT: I typed out all of this for nothing. Thanks Hooe lol

My point is that technical or resource limitations are not really the problem of the consumer. The consumer is under no duty to educate himself on the situation of the manufacturer. The consumer can make his voice heard through available mechanisms and then at the end of the day either the product is or is not worth buying to each consumer.

For some people (and I certainly do not count myself in this group), equipment is really important. At his point, many feel that equipment is inadequate and has not been addressed in years. These people have every right to express their dissatisfaction with the product, and the the reasons as to WHY the manufacturer has been unable to meet their expectations really don't matter.

For example, whether they are "doing their best" and "working hard" and "listening" do not matter. All that matters is the result.
Old 02-22-2016, 11:57 AM   #31
MVP

Memory constraints? Wait what? Didn't Madden 16 only use 16 GB's of memory? Doesn't the PS4 allow for 50 GB's to be used? What am I missing here? Not buying the memory excuse.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2016, 11:58 AM   #32
Banned

Brightline's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Yea this is also something else that people need to remember. Most people don't care about the features that you are looking for.
This only matters when considering things like "why is the game like this" NOT "do I like the game" or "should I buy the game"
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »