Home

Misleading title re: Equipment Updates (resolved by Rex on Twitter)

This is a discussion on Misleading title re: Equipment Updates (resolved by Rex on Twitter) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2016, 10:01 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Misleading title re: Equipment Updates (resolved by Rex on Twitter)

I watched a Twitch stream with Rex about a month ago and asked him about equipment updates for M17. Rex said no equipment updates for M17 and that the team was focusing on improving special teams, CFM and commentary.

He said that the issue is memory constraints due to 22 players on the field and the many different combinations of equipment that each individual player can have so they couldn't add anymore equipment.

What is strange is that the equipment has changed very little from the last gen and the PS4/XB1 having so much more memory. I remember EA at E3 touting Player Sense for Madden PS4/XB1, where they could now do like a bazillion calculations resulting in greatly improved O-line blocking (haha on that one).

Also, you would not be adding much new equipment, but mostly updating the current equipment in the game to reflect what is actually worn on the field, so I don't really understand Rex's answer. More system memory, few new pieces of equipment and mostly existing equipment updates should equal M17 equipment updates. Wonder if this is really due to poor coding and EA using the same game crappy engine from last gen.

I was amazed at how much more immersion was added to MLB 15 The Show, when they added real equipment to the game last year and they are adding even more sponsors this year. I can't even imagine playing NBA 2K without the accurate shoes and equipment.

Can we at least get adjustable sock length with striped socks? lol "EA Sports. It's in the game". Really?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2016, 10:55 PM   #2
Banned

Re: So No Equipment Update for M17 :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynefontes
I watched a Twitch stream with Rex about a month ago and asked him about equipment updates for M17. Rex said no equipment updates for M17 and that the team was focusing on improving special teams, CFM and commentary.

He said that the issue is memory constraints due to 22 players on the field and the many different combinations of equipment that each individual player can have so they couldn't add anymore equipment.

What is strange is that the equipment has changed very little from the last gen and the PS4/XB1 having so much more memory. I remember EA at E3 touting Player Sense for Madden PS4/XB1, where they could now do like a bazillion calculations resulting in greatly improved O-line blocking (haha on that one).

Also, you would not be adding much new equipment, but mostly updating the current equipment in the game to reflect what is actually worn on the field, so I don't really understand Rex's answer. More system memory, few new pieces of equipment and mostly existing equipment updates should equal M17 equipment updates. Wonder if this is really due to poor coding and EA using the same game crappy engine from last gen.

I was amazed at how much more immersion was added to MLB 15 The Show, when they added real equipment to the game last year and they are adding even more sponsors this year. I can't even imagine playing NBA 2K without the accurate shoes and equipment.

Can we at least get adjustable sock length with striped socks? lol "EA Sports. It's in the game". Really?
This is ********. No way is it too much to add some modern equipment. They better make cfm crazy good.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
Old 02-19-2016, 11:01 PM   #3
Rookie

Kwarren3's Arena

Please someone with a twitter(it's too complicated for me) try to get confirmation of this with Rex or someone from EA. If this is true I SWEAR. No matter what the gameplay will always be flawed, the AI will be flawed. The LEAST they could do is make the graphics as accurate as possible. Every other sports game is leaps and bounds beyond madden when it comes to graphics/equipment. PLEASE let this be false
Old 02-20-2016, 01:14 AM   #4
MVP

Toupal's Arena

I would love new equipment, but I don't fault them at all for tackling CFM and commentary first. These things too have been long over due.
Old 02-20-2016, 01:31 AM   #5
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

Not much of a fan of playing dressup, but more and more i wish the options were there....

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2016, 08:04 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwarren3
Please someone with a twitter(it's too complicated for me) try to get confirmation of this with Rex or someone from EA. If this is true I SWEAR. No matter what the gameplay will always be flawed, the AI will be flawed. The LEAST they could do is make the graphics as accurate as possible. Every other sports game is leaps and bounds beyond madden when it comes to graphics/equipment. PLEASE let this be false
Agreed, and CFM will always be flawed because you cant satisfy everybody on features. But to just neglect visual authenticity man? The first thing EVERYBODY notices? Are these dudes serious? This is crazy. So much stuff is missing visually its an embarrassment.

So basically, all these posts and messages we make about all these missing visual things is just ignored and we are just wasting our time? Nice.

Im sorry, but I hate the way this game is being directed and I feel like its time for change at the top. New Creative Director, new Lead Designer, new GM. Its time for these dudes to go. They have no intention of addressing this stuff cause they dont even see it as a problem, smh. Lets just keep it real. And at least it woulda been respectable to pour resources into the offensive line blocking which is a another way bigger problem, but no.

I was no fan of Ian Cummings and his regime overall, but the one thing I can give them credit for is that they did understand, care, and TRY to address the intricate details and Madden 10 and 12 perfectly show that. These cats in charge now are out of touch completely.
Old 02-20-2016, 07:17 PM   #7
All-Pro

ATLBrayden's Arena

OVR: 18

I'd like to hear confirmation from Rex on this. 2K is constantly updating player's hairstyles, adding new shoes, jerseys, shirts, etc to the game there's no way Madden can't handle updated equipment.

My NBA 2K19 Lakers Dynasty -https://forums.operationsports.com/f...-nba-2k19.html

PSN: GetYourSwooshOn
XBL: Gunslinger7O2
Old 02-20-2016, 07:20 PM   #8
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr
Not much of a fan of playing dressup, but more and more i wish the options were there....
It's not so much dress up as it is authenticity. One arm sleeves and mouthpieces are so evident in the game it takes away from the individuality of certain players when they don't have their specific equipment.

I think they are very important pieces to the game and will be disappointed if they are left out.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »