Home

Do You Care About Dangerous Hits in Madden?

This is a discussion on Do You Care About Dangerous Hits in Madden? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2016, 03:01 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
I don't care about dangerous hits in real life so why i would i care about them in a game. I'm not apart of this sensitive unrealistic culture that is afraid of violence. We're all going to die one day and these players all know what they are signing up for.

If you don't want to get hurt then don't play.
Old 04-26-2016, 03:14 PM   #50
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

Re: Do You Care About Dangerous Hits in Madden?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigd51
Like this thing of beauty:

All the way down to the way he seamlessly glides off Johnson and uses his hands to push himself up. This would be the perfect example I would use in regard to what I was saying about physics and animations being used cohesively.
RB can't build up steam, LB has a running start, form tackle, respectable outcome. What suck is when this scenario happens in madden and the RB straight up bulldozes that LB, that's not a respectable outcome.
Old 04-26-2016, 03:16 PM   #51
Aqua?!

bigd51's Arena

Lol I just found this looking for an example of that Thomas Davis tackle in Madden, published by EA for Madden '15:

https://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/.../how-to-tackle

Apparently, the tackling in Madden is poor enough that it even violates Youtube's ToS.

Sorry, I just thought this was unintentionally funny relating to the thread discussion, so I had to share.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2016, 03:51 PM   #52
Rookie

ksteward84's Arena

Honestly I have no concerns about my digital men getting digital Post Concussion Syndrome, or having digital repercussions due to their digital blows to the head.

As long as there is a realistic number of concussions and percentage of injuries due to big hits, I'm okay with it.
College Football Revamped
Fire Pro Wrestling World
Old 04-26-2016, 04:25 PM   #53
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

We also need to understand that Madden is made for a wide splintered audience. This includes wannabe 10 year olds who want to pretend to be the next Rodgers or Luck.

The NFL will not sanction suspensions for a video football game, I just don't see that happening, just like you won't see too many concussions happening on the field. Concussions for the NFL are in the mainstream with movies and constantly football players retiring at younger ages.

So, in conclusion, there are a few factors that enter into the equation regarding hard hits entering Madden. They are playing to a wide audience and they are playing with the license of the shield.

I wouldn't mind hard jarring hits in the game if done right, but I also understand that would put the games ratings at a PG-13 vs a PG rating, putting it in movie terms.
Old 04-26-2016, 04:27 PM   #54
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

I care about dangerous hits in Madden as much as I care about being an upstanding citizen in GTA. It's a video game. The thing that concerns me more about the GIF in the OP is that it's something that it's blatantly a flag and something you don't normally see but I think on a whole the clean up tackles do more good than bad. I remember pointing out instances before release of guys diving into legs as the whistles blowing and I think living on that edge is perfectly fine but when you get moments like this it looks bad.

My biggest problem with big, "dangerous" hits in Madden is that they have been so unrealistic for years. Watching Marshawn Lynch get decleated horizontally by a 195 lb. corner is comical to watch. Just like watching guys who are deemed big hitters stand flat footed and and explode guys.

But to answer the question, no. I don't care about the health of little digital foot soldiers or the "dangerous" hits they take.
Old 04-26-2016, 04:56 PM   #55
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Watching Marshawn Lynch get decleated horizontally by a 195 lb. corner is comical to watch.
Yup.

It would be one thing if he was going out for a screen and got blown up because he didn't see a guy. But with the ball in his hand with a full head of steam and his full attention out in front? C'mon. They know they're wrong for that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2016, 08:48 PM   #56
Rookie

dreneel's Arena

OVR: 4
I want the helmet popping off like back in the days... It's still a video game... Chill with the realism... Lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »