Home

Who will be your CFM team in madden 17 and how will you improve them?

This is a discussion on Who will be your CFM team in madden 17 and how will you improve them? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-21-2016, 12:27 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Who will be your CFM team in madden 17 and how will you improve them?

I'm planning on doing a fantasy draft, and building around Gurley on offense and Jamie Collins, Donte Hightower, Myles Jack and Jaylon Smith on defense- trading for whichever of Collins or Hightower i miss.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2016, 02:59 PM   #42
Rookie

Kwarren3's Arena

As always, Vikings Franchise first.

Immediate needs:
- Safety opposite of Smith
- Offensive Line Overhaul (Vikings signed Alex Boone this off season and he should be good for 2-3 years but everyone else sucks or is old)
- Backup for Teddy (Cut Hill, he's not worth 2.5 million)

Long-term needs:
- OLB to replace Chad Greenway when he retires after 1 or 2 seasons
- Draft a DT in year 2 or 3 to eventually replace Linval Joseph.
- Develop Danielle Hunter to replace Brian Robison as DE
- Develop Waynes and Alexander to be 2nd and 3rd CB's
- Develop Mckinnon and Draft a power back to pair to replace AP
- Draft a 3rd WR to pair with Diggs and Treadwell. Preferably 6'0-6'2 and 95+ speed.
Old 05-21-2016, 09:27 PM   #43
Pro

VinnyVegas28's Arena

Gonna roll with the Wentz train! Get rid of bradford, develop Smallwood and Marshall at rb to replace sproles after 1 year. Trade Ryan Mathews for a mid round draft pick. Find a tackle to replace Peters in year 2. Need a playmaker on the outside..djax type speed without the me first attitude. Focus on improving pass rushers

Sent from my E6833 using Tapatalk
Old 05-21-2016, 10:04 PM   #44
MVP

Reed1417's Arena

I'll be using the Ravens in my online league and if I'm in another one I'm trying to decide between the Jags, Dolphins and Chargers. And if I do an offline one I may pick whichever one of those teams I didn't choose haha

Reed is comin' atcha!!

Reed's WWE 2k23 Universe: Youtube Edition
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...e-edition.html
Old 06-05-2016, 08:06 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 1

I going to run a offline cfm with the Browns. I like the challenge of building a team and lets face it the Browns need alot of help. I like most of the 14 rookies they draft this year.

1. I will trade Josh Gordan for what ever I can get..
2. See what Joe Thomas will bring in a trade.
3. work on RG3 awr. and also scout top QB

Can't wait to get started...Believeland This Is Cleveland
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2016, 09:32 AM   #46
Rookie

sir psycho's Arena

OVR: 3

I'm planning on using the Titans. Plenty of work to do be done, but still have some good pieces in place.

With 2 first round picks in 2017, both possibly fairly high, I'll look to address the defense with the best defensive players available at each pick, although I would definitely like to make at least one of them a cornerback.
Elsewhere on defense, there are 2 talented OLBs, but both of them are getting up there in age, so I will plan to groom 2016 2nd rounder Kevin Dodd to be a replacement for one of them, and then draft the other replacement in the next couple seasons.
With plenty of cap space, I would also like to score at least one starting quality D-lineman and ILB to help bolster the front 7.

On offense, I think there are plenty of young pieces in place, so most of my free agent and draft efforts will be spent on the defense. The QB is obviously settled for the foreseeable future with Mariota. The power RB-duo of Murray and Henry should be fun to work with. Although, if McCluster can't cut it, I'll need to find a new back that can be a receiving threat on 3rd downs. The receivers are a collection of young guys who, while not great, can provide some decent targets for Mariota. Hopefully, DGB can eventually emerge as the go-to-guy. And on the o-line, I have a solid young trio to build around with Conklin, Lewan and Warmack.

So, while on defense, I'll be looking to bring in plenty of quality players(hopefully have a 2017 offseason similar to what the Jaguars did this year), on offense I'll be looking to develop the young talent that's already in place.
Old 06-06-2016, 10:21 AM   #47
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Wonder if the Raiders can be moved to Vegas. Feels like more of a team ready to dominate for a period of time in franchise mode w/ the young players at many skill positions. Perhaps the new franchise changes will make it more challenging to keep them together, and the new tiered animation stuff making it more worthwhile to try and do exactly that.

Otherwise, probably play the Chiefs for a few seasons like I always do which lets me work on replacing a QB within the first season or two as Alex Smith gets close to done. Then usually restart a few times with some of the more hapless franchises in need of a rebuild.
Old 06-06-2016, 10:46 AM   #48
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir psycho
I'm planning on using the Titans. Plenty of work to do be done, but still have some good pieces in place.

With 2 first round picks in 2017, both possibly fairly high, I'll look to address the defense with the best defensive players available at each pick, although I would definitely like to make at least one of them a cornerback.
Elsewhere on defense, there are 2 talented OLBs, but both of them are getting up there in age, so I will plan to groom 2016 2nd rounder Kevin Dodd to be a replacement for one of them, and then draft the other replacement in the next couple seasons.
With plenty of cap space, I would also like to score at least one starting quality D-lineman and ILB to help bolster the front 7.

On offense, I think there are plenty of young pieces in place, so most of my free agent and draft efforts will be spent on the defense. The QB is obviously settled for the foreseeable future with Mariota. The power RB-duo of Murray and Henry should be fun to work with. Although, if McCluster can't cut it, I'll need to find a new back that can be a receiving threat on 3rd downs. The receivers are a collection of young guys who, while not great, can provide some decent targets for Mariota. Hopefully, DGB can eventually emerge as the go-to-guy. And on the o-line, I have a solid young trio to build around with Conklin, Lewan and Warmack.

So, while on defense, I'll be looking to bring in plenty of quality players(hopefully have a 2017 offseason similar to what the Jaguars did this year), on offense I'll be looking to develop the young talent that's already in place.
Does Madden track extra picks that teams actually have? I haven't played Madden in a couple years (NCAA only but switching now given the gameplay updates), but I remember in years past they didn't keep track of extra picks which was annoying for the first year or two of franchise.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »