Home

5 minutes of Madden 17 gameplay in this thread...

This is a discussion on 5 minutes of Madden 17 gameplay in this thread... within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2016, 06:55 PM   #25
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: 5 minutes of Madden 17 gameplay in this thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palm Bay Pro
But to expect it to not look exactly like 2016 shouldn't be expecting too much. If it wasn't for the field goal try I would not have known the difference. Did you read that comments section? Wow, some of those guys were really mad
Why do you care what they think? When you stop caring about what other people think of the games you play, you get much more enjoyment out of them.

Play it for yourself and be your own critic.

I learned this lesson some years ago and gaming is much more fun for me now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2016, 07:58 PM   #26
Pro

GoJags904's Arena

OVR: 0

To me, the problem is the lack of substance in previous maddens since forever ago. Saying upgrades to zone concepts and pattern matching is groundbreaking, just shows how bad it's been.

Animations, OL/DL interaction, & true step are the MASSIVE improvements I'm waiting for next. If players move more true to life, slowing down etc., that would change the game in itself. Forming a pocket and rewriting animations to fit with the adjusted speed of the players, would put Madden back in the top 3 running in terms of sports game gameplay.

Building on a core with the new concepts plus these would change my football gaming life.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

NFL --- JAX JAGUARS (DUUUUVAAAL)
MLB --- BOSTON RED SOX
NBA --- LAKERS4LIFE
NCAAF --- GATOR NATION (UF)
NCAAB --- DUKE BLUE DEVILS
MLS --- DC UNITED
BARCLAYS PL --- CHELSEA

MUSIC/ARTIST ALIAS --- SHIESTY SLIM
"CRAY CRAY" available on ITUNES, GOOGLE PLAY, AMAZON
Old 06-18-2016, 07:59 PM   #27
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palm Bay Pro
But to expect it to not look exactly like 2016 shouldn't be expecting too much. If it wasn't for the field goal try I would not have known the difference. Did you read that comments section? Wow, some of those guys were really mad
Most of those comments are from people who still need their mommy to cut their meat.

Back to the video :: I didn't make note of the time stamp, but on one play the RT gets beat and the RT just stops in his semi-crouched blocking position for the rest of the play; I am hoping that gets cleaned up...

I think most of the new additions have to be felt in game as opposed to seen in videos.
Old 06-18-2016, 09:18 PM   #28
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
The comments on that page are hilarious.

I have to assume u guys have pretty thick skin, man. Lol. I was disappointed with madden for awhile, but u guys have really turned it around in the last few years, and it amazes me when anyone says something like, 'M17. Yeah, that's just a roster update of M10. Plays EXACTLY the same.' Honestly, the addition of WR/DB interactions alone warrants it being a completely diff game. And, while we see a few legacy issues crop up here and there, M16 was by far the most playable madden to date (and I'm still playing it right now, actually, so that says something). Really looking forward to 17. Thanks for the work u guys do, and I hope the positivity outweighs the negativity this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-18-2016, 09:20 PM   #29
Pro

Ampking101's Arena

OVR: 8

People are saying that it looks like 16 but I don't think that is a problem. My worry is that it looks like it PLAYS very similar to 16. Drag routes still look somewhat OP (albeit there isn't a whole lot of those in the video, they look like a pretty consistent 3-5 yards a play), defense while it looks better, still seems very much like it did in 16 especially when it comes to the flats and the lack of coverage on clearly open receivers in the flats, running the ball even looks similar as there still seemed to be some occasional suction from line play.

I'm sure that once I get this in my hands my opinion is likely to change as even though it doesn't look like it plays different, I'm sure it will feel very different. I'm purely basing the above upon a video that literally shows a drive and a half so the sample size isn't very large. So while my excitement for 17 is tapered, I am still vastly looking forward to release.

My only true disappointment however is a UI issue. I was hoping this would be the year they changed the play call screen, it seems at this point it will be the same as the last few years. I really wish they would go back to the madden 12 playcalling screen, it was cleaner looking to me and much easier to navigate. The current way it has been set up has forced me to rely a lot on suggested plays as being forced to go through the ugly and convoluted play call screen really does detract from the game for me. I understand why they went with the current one as it is more "presentation friendly" but it has been a huge drawback for me.

Old 06-18-2016, 09:34 PM   #30
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ampking101
People are saying that it looks like 16 but I don't think that is a problem. My worry is that it looks like it PLAYS very similar to 16. Drag routes still look somewhat OP (albeit there isn't a whole lot of those in the video, they look like a pretty consistent 3-5 yards a play), defense while it looks better, still seems very much like it did in 16 especially when it comes to the flats and the lack of coverage on clearly open receivers in the flats, running the ball even looks similar as there still seemed to be some occasional suction from line play.

I'm sure that once I get this in my hands my opinion is likely to change as even though it doesn't look like it plays different, I'm sure it will feel very different. I'm purely basing the above upon a video that literally shows a drive and a half so the sample size isn't very large. So while my excitement for 17 is tapered, I am still vastly looking forward to release.

My only true disappointment however is a UI issue. I was hoping this would be the year they changed the play call screen, it seems at this point it will be the same as the last few years. I really wish they would go back to the madden 12 playcalling screen, it was cleaner looking to me and much easier to navigate. The current way it has been set up has forced me to rely a lot on suggested plays as being forced to go through the ugly and convoluted play call screen really does detract from the game for me. I understand why they went with the current one as it is more "presentation friendly" but it has been a huge drawback for me.

I have also seen the few drag routes still completed; what I believe is that the defense called was just not the correct zone; considering we now have something like 8 new zones to work with, it will take some practicing with the new zone combos to figure it all out, IMO.
Old 06-18-2016, 09:39 PM   #31
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

I mean drag routes are gonna be completed. It's a very high percentage play. Saying they look OP from one video is kinda myopic. I wouldn't want defense in the game that shuts down a play completely. I just want that chess match where if you call the right play at the right time it will work.

That seems to be what they are going for with the new zones.

Last edited by PVarck31; 06-18-2016 at 09:41 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2016, 09:39 PM   #32
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo12308
Aren't the graphics already very good? Maybe it's just me, but I have no issue with the current graphics. Some of the tackle animations are a bit old, but they just added a whole new host of db/wr animations and interactions in M16 that are mostly great.

I'll probably upset a lot of people by saying so, but I would have been pretty pissed if they spent the whole production cycle for M17 working on graphics, equipment, stadiums, presentation, etc. In my opinion, it should be a fun and realistic before pretty. Currently, the only way I can lose against the A.I. even on all-madden with very tough (and unrealistic) sliders is if I play no-switch (including not controlling the different types of catches), no-audible, and if I limit myself to only running the first strategy suggested play in the playbook. I have to play with my brain tied behind my back and have to let the CPU control 10 of my 11 players for the entirety of every play in order to get a challenge from the game.

Some under-the-hood improvements are much much appreciated from my perspective. It's hard to enjoy the fancy new uniforms and equipment if you only play the game for 10 hours before you get bored of the lack of a realistic challenge.

I agree completely. Maddens graphics are great to me. It's a beautiful game. I would like to see more signature animations and M11's running style, but that's about it for me. I like their approach of acknowledging and fixing the legacy issues, first.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »