Home

LA Rams Year 2 Stadium in Madden NFL 17

This is a discussion on LA Rams Year 2 Stadium in Madden NFL 17 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-07-2016, 09:54 PM   #49
Ain't nuttin but a peanut

Mizzou24's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: LA Rams Year 2 Stadium in Madden NFL 17

Also as a st louis rams fan I wish they would at least patch in something for us if we move a team to st louis the announcers won't even say st louis whatever the team name is... they just say home or away team.. sad days for all of us

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk
Old 09-08-2016, 02:20 AM   #50
Banned

Aggies67's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezo
Kind of a dead thread but I made a video about this subject. The generic stadium kills a Rams franchise...Pretty upsetting. Would've liked to at least had options of what it looked like/working video screens...https://youtu.be/NJFrLtW8Uug
I think the generic-looking stadium (video screens) is an issue for all relocated teams.
Old 09-08-2016, 09:40 AM   #51
Rookie

Spitfirex007's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer4MVP
Looks good. Random thought, but I really wish Madden would put more real advertising in stadiums.

I may be weird, but it really adds authenticity rather than seeing Madden everywhere.
I'm not sure why they don't. It can't be that hard getting these companies to agree. Maybe though it has to do with the ads in the real stadiums. Like if there was a coke ad in Ray J, they wouldn't want pepsi to replace them in Madden. But if thats the case, use fake ads. Better then seeing ea plastered everywhere.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2016, 01:55 PM   #52
MVP

TheGame8544's Arena

OVR: 11

I'm glad I'm not a Rams fan because this would absolutely make me want to return the game. Don't give me some piece of crap generic stadium. Might as well just leave them in the Coliseum.
Old 09-09-2016, 05:13 PM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 0

Also, the Logo on the back walls in year 2 and forward say "St. Louis" on the logo not "Los Angeles" ---- but its not just them, its all relocated teams that have their city name in wall art.

I tried moving the Cardinals to St. Louis... "Arizona Cardinals painted the entire stadium"

I moved the Falcons.... "Atlanta Falcons" no matter where you move them

The Browns are one of the few teams, with the Raiders and Chargers that you can move with any city name on the wall art.

---------------------------

For those asking if you can relocate the Rams, the answer is yes... but you have to wait until Year 3 (2018)- week 5. And you have to make sure you have your league settings for relocation on "All Users Only" --- because if you have it on "Users Only" - the new LA stadium will be in too good of shape for them to allow you to relocate.

On "All Users Only" - you can relocate any team you have control of, irrespective of their stadium situation. You could move the Cowboys to Oklahoma City even thought they built a new trillion dollar stadium 8 years ago.

I never have the setting on "Everyone can Relocate" because that means the computer controlled teams will relocate teams automatically. One day you'll find yourself expecting to play the Oakland Raiders, and they are the London Knights without your approval.

---------------

Also... I tried to cheat with the Rams and move them to the 2nd Los Angeles spot, so I could use the generic traditional stadium, which feels a little like Anaheim Stadium.

But you first have to move them to another city, before you can move them back to Los Angeles.

The entire process took about 5 years.

And then to top off the frustrataion from Madden developers -- the initials for the 2nd LA team is "LOS" instead of "LA" which is the dumbest thing I've ever seen.

To make matters worse... if you move a team to Houston, which I tried, to recreate the Houston Oilers, your initials become "Hus" because... who doesn't recognize "HUS" as houston.

it's as if they found the one person in the entire world of sports that doesn't know what city initials are supposed to be.

Overall --- a lot of good things about relocation ---- but still a big swing and a miss.

They try and give us more control so we create and be the gods of our own world, but then they inexcusably limit control in other areas.

You can choose any of the three ugly uniforms, logos and names they chose for us or keep the current name, but you can't design your own, god forbid you let users have fun and become creative and get addicted.

They offer us 10 stadiums.... 5 of which are nothing but the exact, identical replicas of the first five under the guise of being more expensive and having more suites and generating you more revenue.

And by the way ---- the stadium with the retractable roof, doesn't retract, its just a domed stadium.

The following team names can not be moved (they can but you wouldn't want to) because they have the city name (or initial) in their official primary logo and or helmet

SF 49ers
KC Chiefs
NY Giants
NY Jets
Green Bay Packers
Chicago Bears (unless you move them to Columbus)

Who want to move the SF 49ers to Portland, and see an "SF" in the logo?

That's why user creation is so important.

Also, you should be able to move a team before the 2016 season. I hate having to sim a season and then my head coach retires or something.

And last but not least.... You can move your team anywhere you want --- as long as its one the 17 cities THEY choose. I guess they don't want anyone from Nevada to buy the game.

Why as a video game maker, would you give a middle finger to a huge portion of potential customers out there.

People don't buy your game as much as they should simply because they don't have an NFL team in their city

I never bought an NBA game until 2K16, because St. Louis doesn't have a team and they designed the greatest user-mode-franchise functionality any sports game has ever seen.

And now, I can create any St. Louis team I want, and feel like a part of the NBA... rather than paying $60 to "borrow" some other cities team fandom.

I just don't get why Madden would say, Memphis fans will be happy but Vegas fans won't be.... oh well. why not allow all cities... and a "write in" section for those that want to write in a name.... for those that want the team name to say "Utah" instead of "Salt Lake City"

I should probably create my own thread
Old 09-09-2016, 06:21 PM   #54
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Latest from Twitter

Old 09-09-2016, 06:47 PM   #55
Pro

StL_RamZ's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Latest from Twitter

Too bad I started mine with my friends already 😔
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2016, 06:54 PM   #56
Pro

Dwaresacksqb's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by StL_RamZ
Too bad I started mine with my friends already 😔
I would totally make new friends to stay in the colosseum.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »