Home

Cpu defensive play calling must be broken.

This is a discussion on Cpu defensive play calling must be broken. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2016, 12:05 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Cpu defensive play calling must be broken.

I know that some people wouldn't want to do this/the "dangerous" implications of it...but I'd gladly pay for a DLC by EA if they actually created a realistic/competent AI for us diehards.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2016, 12:13 AM   #42
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
the problem is that CPU call to much cover 1 press. And also Press is to in favor to the WR.
until ea fix this, this will still be happening.
Yeah it's mostly that. But they also cant stop the run because they think everytime you're in shotgun it must be a pass and spread out their d line with 5 in the box.
Old 09-20-2016, 01:42 AM   #43
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBigRed29
I know that some people wouldn't want to do this/the "dangerous" implications of it...but I'd gladly pay for a DLC by EA if they actually created a realistic/competent AI for us diehards.
I'm with you there. But maybe not as extreme. I don't want a super genious coach. But I'm asking for basic, entry level strategy. If I didn't know a thing about football. And someone said these guys have to get this ball 80 yards in one play. Threw me a playbook and pick a play. There's a good chance I pick the one called "prevent". So just basic level strategy. Just take the nfl average for situational play calling last year. Run/pass down/distance. And pick those. If 90% of the time a team is winning with enough time left for 1 play on defense they run prevent across the league. And 10% they bring the house. Only let the ai select within those parameters.

I literally don't think I've ever seen a cover 1 press as a hail Mary stop in real life. Minus that Chris Harris play against the panthers week 1. That's a different rabbit hole though. That just mean the nfl is partially rigged.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Old 09-20-2016, 02:04 AM   #44
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Yeah, throwing an open fly route in a clean pocket is one of the easiest throws a NFL QB can make. After this long EA still needs to find a way to make pockets realistic though. Generally you either have 5 yards of space, or you are about to get sacked. There are no claustrophobia inducing pockets in Madden like there is in real life.

It is my dream that one day the AI will be smart and deep enough so that difficulty level only controls how smart it is.

When playing against a user you may get 2 or 3 chances to run motion weak out of singleback twin pair. After that the user will know its coming as soon as that TE goes in motion. But against the AI? Run it as much as you want.
I think with all the data available it should be easy. Something like in Madden maybe 05? If you ran the same play over and over it gave it away.

Maybe I'm just over tired and thinking hard but it would seem like such an easy fix theoretically. It's just as feature you activate or deactivate. Call it" Strategy Sim" 3 settings. Arcade mode. Normal mode. Strategy sim mode.

But something like how the have player progression every week, 4 season. Have a cpu scouting every in the same choice of intervals. Have it literally examine your play calls. The data is already there. The play that stops the play is already cross referenced. Unless your running some cheese play that should be enough.

And let's be honest. If your running cheese plays in a forum complaining about realistic game play then you're irrelevant.

This is probably a stretch but I'd be ok with this. Have it scout your top 3 plays. And the first time you run it that game make it get blown up absolutely obnoxiously. Like horrible. Make the whole play a cut scene. And its one of those tackle battles to determine whether or not it turns into a turnover. I mean game changing horrible stuff. Make the commentators say "coach told me they specifically were ready for this play" after words to reinforce how it's a game and the opponent made the play. But it's your fault for running the same damn play.

That creates a need to use your whole playbook. If you don't the results are horrible. Just like in real life. It creates new strategy in big moments.

Hell make it so certain play makers like honey badger get x amount of playmaker moments per game. Or get x amount based on your defense overall rating.1 for 70 2 for 80 3 for 90. Hell. Even both. And you can trigger that **** in the situations play the moment would trigger. You literally get to guess what play the offense is running. If you guess right. That cut scene is triggering And its time to pay for being predictable.

Anyone with sense could avoid these repercussions rather easily. There are a ton of plays in the playbook and for someone to guess the exact play. Formation and all. Would either be incredibly lucky which wouldn't be any worse than bad luck. That's welcomed in football games occasionally. Based on %s that would be occasional. Or they're so damn obvious it was easy. And to be fair if you took any nfl player and said hey I know they are going to run this exact play. Right now. And your 100% correct. Then you earned it. And they should pay. Aka Malcolm Butler in the SB..

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Old 09-20-2016, 05:16 AM   #45
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

EA/Tiburon need to fix press coverage. It has been awhile since I have looked at the playbooks in the editor but if the cpu doesn't have the means to select plays by time left in half or game, along with score, then that should be fixed. If it is already present, then fixing press coverage would go a long way for cpu and user.

Other than the above, an adjustment of the playbook star ratings for plays needs to be done. With how generic the playbook call system currently is, I can't imagine there being much of a time investment to remove some plays and/or adjust some star ratings to be patched in in the near future.

Last edited by 4thQtrStre5S; 09-20-2016 at 05:18 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2016, 07:01 AM   #46
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

I removed the press/engage 8 + zero blitzes for the most part and plug those in for CPU and it's a different game. I have to dink and dunk and they still bring some blitzes. The corner blitzes really get me off the edge.

I'm 0-2 in my Saints CFM and I truly believe making these PB changes for the CPU makes a world of difference. The issue is I hate having to use the two controller route and creating a new character (3rd string QB for the CPU) every single game I play.

Would like to hear feedback from guys who DL'd my PB and played the CPU. I'm not trying to spam my PB getting DL'd...I just want to see if anybody has a similar experience.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 09-20-2016, 11:17 AM   #47
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
I removed the press/engage 8 + zero blitzes for the most part and plug those in for CPU and it's a different game. I have to dink and dunk and they still bring some blitzes. The corner blitzes really get me off the edge.

I'm 0-2 in my Saints CFM and I truly believe making these PB changes for the CPU makes a world of difference. The issue is I hate having to use the two controller route and creating a new character (3rd string QB for the CPU) every single game I play.

Would like to hear feedback from guys who DL'd my PB and played the CPU. I'm not trying to spam my PB getting DL'd...I just want to see if anybody has a similar experience.
yeah the 2nd controller thing is a no go for me. Hopefully EA fix this in a patch
Old 09-20-2016, 01:03 PM   #48
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

You can assign generic PBs to the CPU w/o using the 2nd controller trick. Generics seem to improve the CPU gameplanning on offense and defense.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-dskins81.html

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »