Home

Madden NFL 17: The Five Biggest Changes Needed for CFM

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 17: The Five Biggest Changes Needed for CFM within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2016, 11:52 AM   #57
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Madden NFL 17: The Five Biggest Changes Needed for CFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thudias
How about something as simple as setting the gameday active roster?
have long wondered if this would occur. think it is one of those things that many football fans either don’t care about or aren’t aware of its existence in real life.
Old 09-25-2016, 10:09 PM   #58
Rookie

Spitfirex007's Arena

I definitely like the the injury idea. Its very basic as is. As far as gameplan. Its nothing more then a gimmick. I like the idea of day to day operations. The ability hold players out of practice, scout certainly players to give your team an advange, scouting college players needs completely redone.NCAA had a pretty good system. Do something similar. There is so much they could do here. As far as a news section. 2k fans have been asking for a weekly show for years. But I doubt we will ever see it. Hell we can't even get a good half time show. But at this point, Id settle from a NFL.Com layout. Show scores, injury news, stat leaders etc. Some mention the radio broadcast. Id even be happy with that. CF to me is boring. The ugly twitter layout is an eye sore. I have no connection to the league. Just do game after game.

Few other things I think are a must.

1. Custom draft classes.
2. Locker room chemistry / personality
3. Veteran leadership. Gives extra XP to rookies. Can also tie in to chemistry
4. Suspension / fines. Probably something NFL won't allow. But would add to realism
5 This would tie more into presentation . But multiple broadcast teams
6 Deep creation tools for team relocations. Add expansion teams
7 The daft is boring. Give it a full presentation overhaul
8. Probowl needs to be playable. Put the awards front and center. Historical stats. In year 5, I want to see who the superbowl in 2019. Who was mvp etc.
9. Custom leagues. Let me move Seattle back to the AFC. Put Steelers, Denver and Pats in the division etc.
10.More realistic leagues/Scores. The Broncos and Pats both had losing season my first season. Browns won the AFC north and jets went 14 and 2. Like WTF?
Old 09-25-2016, 10:28 PM   #59
Rookie

Spitfirex007's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdm27
The bold bothers me to no end!

It's like Madden gets to have it both ways:

This year:
Why is feature X not in the game? - We don't want to half bake it

Next year:
Why is feature X just recently put in the game not working as the real nfl or why is it so bugged? - Hey, we just installed that feature, so we're building a foundation for it, we can expand upon it.

Rinse, wash, repeat!

People can say what they want about finite resources but the real problem is those resources that are allocated are not used properly. Take practice squad for example, so many years saying if it made it in, it would be fully fleshed; then we finally get it in and.....
For starters one cannot recreate a real-life practice squad, and the AI logic for it beyond flawwwwwwwed.

And if we wanna talk about selling things to EA's biggest scapegoat (marketing), wouldn't "Big decisions" (LOLOLOL) be the perfect timing to approach marketing about overhauling the injury system? Nah, let's just create a new UI for it and call it day.
"But hey, players can come back early from injury!" - Yeah, at the cost of a ridiculous amount of attributes that makes ZERO sense. Player A is 1 week away from returning, do you want to play him? if you do, he will have -15 SPD, -10 THP and -10THA whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.... How is dat dude just one week away from returning?

To get back to the article and not rant too much, I believe the biggest change needed for CFM in M18 is..... TESTING!
Just test the mode, just one time, before releasing it. Please!

It is really frustrating to get a mode that is filled with bugs (IR-bug anyone?) and poor AI logic EVERY SINGLE YEAR!
Dude I know right? In years time we get "Big Decisions" Which is completely worthless. We get "gameplan" Which is nothing more then practice drills for extra XP. Then they call it the deepest franchise in Madden yet. It sad that a game made in 2015/2016 can't compete with a game thats 12 years and 2 gens olders. How these people can say they are proud of their product is beyond me.
Old 09-29-2016, 03:37 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 0
I would love to see:

1. Old school formations and playbooks return to the game. I miss the multiple split formations from Madden 25
2. Madden would really be alive if NCAA ever return the gaming world. I still play madden 25 because of NCAA Football. It really help with immersion of the game.
3. The ability/freedom to edit draft classes in the scouting process, especially for offline users.
4. The ability to create a coach as an owner would be great.
5. HC, offensive, and defensive carousel similar to the days of NCAA 14.

C'mon EA, you can do this. Please 😩😩😭😭🏈🏈
Old 09-29-2016, 04:59 PM   #61
Rookie

Sparky302's Arena

OVR: 0

I think one of the biggest complaints that CFM gamers have is that everyone can dominate All-Pro, and when they step up to All-Madden the game changes to the point that it becomes "cheap" and the CPU "cheats". Want to keep A TON of sim players happy? There's a SIMPLE solution. You create a fifth default difficulty and place it in the middle of All-Pro and All-Madden. Maybe create a "Pro Bowl" difficulty as the third (middle) setting, and then go up to All-Pro, then All-Madden. 3/4 of these slider forums and crazy experiments to get the difficulty right wouldn't even have to exist, because people would actually be happy with the gameplay. I'm not a programmer, or anything close, but this seems ridiculously easy, and would solve a lot of the complaints that people have. You could probably do it in a tuner update. It's not like you have to overhaul the whole game.

Short version: The game needs a fifth default difficulty level to alleviate the AP/AM dilemma.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2016, 02:09 PM   #62
Rookie

thecove's Arena

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajra21
1. the 2011 CBA prevent rookies from being extended before their final year. madden clearly decided it was easier to have this rule for all contracts.

2. the 2011 CBA sets rookie contracts for four years max with first round rookie having a team option for a fifth year. madden, since 2011, has reflected this.

3. yes, that would be nice. M10 had this IIRC.

4. they are there. use your trigger button to find them when you are looking at the MVP/coach of the year winners.

5. that would be helpful.
#1 If true that is complete laziness on EA's part. As I said in my original post, renegotiating veteran contracts before they get to the last 2 years of their current contract, which are always the most expensive, is essential to salary cap management. I'm fine with conforming to the CBA for the rookie contracts but there is no excuse for throwing veteran contract negotiations into the same bucket.

#2 It's good that they incorporated the CBA terms but I'd still like to negotiate the rookie contracts as part of running my franchise.

#3 Every time there is a new console, EA seems to strip the neg gen Madden of features that should simply carry over. I actually don't even get Captain badges on ANY of my players, unless it's being assigned to guys lower on the depth chart.

#4 I noticed that after I posted the comment above. I stand corrected.

#5 Once again, another feature stripped from earlier gen Madden. Seeing the entire structure of the contract offering is so essential to proper salary cap management.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »