Home

Madden NFL 17: The Five Biggest Changes Needed for CFM

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 17: The Five Biggest Changes Needed for CFM within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2016, 11:46 AM   #41
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 17: The Five Biggest Changes Needed for CFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maafla1
I would like to see players who start the year on the suspended list NOT be available until the suspension is over. Or, in the alternative, the ability to designate players to the suspended list so when you play Franchise mode you can't use Tom Brady or Josh Gordon, for example, until the suspension is over.

Yea the NFLPA will NEVER allow that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2016, 12:00 PM   #42
Banned

rich8682's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by raindle23
Really them just looking back on NFL head coach 09 and taking those concepts and putting them into madden. Which I belite should've been how CFM should've always been.
I'm just imagining HC 09 with M17 gameplay, and you can play the games yourself. That would be the perfect football game. Just make it once, and I'd shut up for at least 5 years.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

Last edited by rich8682; 09-21-2016 at 12:13 PM.
Old 09-21-2016, 12:46 PM   #43
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

The biggest needs IMO are life/immersion and just opening up the mode itself to be less restrictive.

Everything about CFM feels so contrived and lifeless which results in it still feeling more like a bundle of 16 play now games instead of a true franchise mode. I'm not a fan of the color-by-numbers approach they're taking and I think it really detracts from the experience as well. IMO they should focus on adding realistic aspects of team management above all else before they even start trying to create more of their own ideas. There's enough things that an NFL team goes through during a given week that there really shouldn't be a need for something like "Big Decisions."

And to add to that, I feel like the mode is unnecessarily restrictive in a lot of areas like the practice squad, re-signing players, signing free agents, and like it's been mentioned here, scouting. Take the handcuffs off and try to let the mode blossom. The restrictive nature at virtually every turn is something that is always going to hold the mode back from what it could and should be.
Old 09-21-2016, 09:15 PM   #44
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

An actual scouting system and not just revealing in-game stats. Something that would offer up some level of difficulty and actually produce draft studs and even better first round draft busts.
Old 09-21-2016, 10:38 PM   #45
MVP

Toupal's Arena

Madden definitely needs this.... but this is just a fraction of what needs to be done.

Historical stats need to be kept better track of

Awards need to be updated

Edit draft classes BEFORE the draft

Hall of fame

Create an expansion team

Team Relocation

Better build a stadium

Play games that you don't have to have user control over

The list could go on...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2016, 05:18 PM   #46
Rookie

Bring back the run/pass ratio for simming games. If I have a nasty OL and a stud RB, I should be able to run the ball 65% of the time if I please. Vice versa if I have a scrub at RB and a good QB. I don't want to run 350 times on the season.
Old 09-22-2016, 09:53 PM   #47
Pro

OVR: 7
I'd add more focus in preparation for the draft. Like the East West Shrine Game, Senior Bowl, Combine, and Pro Days. Also now that NBA 2k has done it. Why can't we get an expansion mode on Madden?
Old 09-23-2016, 12:51 AM   #48
Rookie

thecove's Arena

OVR: 2
I'll add my two cents but first let me say that I've been playing Madden since the Genesis days and have been a franchise mode player since it was first introduced to the series. However, I stopped with Madden 10 when the franchise mode began showing its age as a result of neglection. I gave a couple of Maddens on PS4 a shot but ultimately was not happy with Franchise mode and kept playing Madden 10.

I saw they were close last year and after researching online about Madden 17 I bit the bullet and have been extremely happy to come back to the game.

I realize I've missed quite a bit, so forgive me if I'm missing a way to make these happen. I'll further qualify this by saying I only play offline franchise mode.

At any rate here are my hopes for the future:

1. Resigning / renegotiating contracts before last contract year. This is the lifeblood of salary cap management in the NFL. If I see a player is going to impact my cap in a few years and I need to make cap space to sign FA's or rookies, I want to work to get more deferred money in that contract. I'm not far along in my current franchise but I can see where I might want to renogotiate some of my veteran contracts.

2. Signing Draft Picks. Somebody, anybody tell me how / why this was taken out of franchise mode. The old standard was to sign top picks to long contracts. But I also used to sign my 6th - 7th round diamonds / project picks to long term contracts with a low yearly salary and zero to minimal sigining bonus. This would allow me to keep those picks until my veteran at the position retired or regressed. And if the draft picks were busts, I could cut them with minimal cap impact. This is part of life as a GM running a franchise.

3. Assigning Captains. Its such a little thing. I dont know why it got removed. But its also a part of being a coach in the NFL, deciding who are your Captains. You know who your leaders are with your franchise, you should be able to assign it.

4. Bring back expanded looks at Yearly Award candidates. As it stands now, you can only see MVP / Coach of the Year candidates in season. I used to love seeing if any of my rookies were up for Off/Def ROY and I'd sometimes give them a few extra targets / defensive series to try to secure the award.

5. Getting back to contract negotiations, show the year by year contract breakdown in the negotation screen. Giving me a chance to see how cap crippling year 5 of my offer will be, at the very minimum will give me a mental note to renogtiate at some point. It also affords me the chance to look at my other contracts and see if I'm heading to salary cap hell with this new contract.

ALL of these items were in the mode before and just added more levels to the simulation / immersion. Its these little details that can put a game over the top by giving sim players the opportunity to exercise.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »