Home

Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM

This is a discussion on Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-11-2016, 03:48 PM   #825
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Man Nathy
Yeah that doesn't sound right. What version of the tool are you using?

Have you entered data in all the editable fields, i.e. projected round, talent round, skills 1-3, all combine stats?
I'm using version 2 I think, just got 3.2 but I don't want to enter all those numbers back in. So I was thinking I'll use newest version next season. I looked at all players that were in a projected rounds. I mistakenly changed a player that was a RE to a DT and he went from do not draft to draft. Could draft him and change the position.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2016, 05:29 PM   #826
Just started!

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Man Nathy
For MLBs, either prototype or 3-4 run stopper. For DBs, whatever fits your scheme. I personally run more zone (in a 4-3, mind you) and find that's more effective than man coverage. For my SS I prefer a guy who's good against the run, but ideally not a liability in the pass game. But that's just my personal preferences.

I prefer a 4-3 scheme myself because I find you get more sacks that way, and have a greater variety of players available to you. You can have all sorts of different archetypes at DT (as opposed to just a Nose), different archetypes at DE (including converted 3-4 OLBs) and can have pretty much any types of non-34-specific linebackers. Much more versatile IMO.
Thanks for that. I will try to transition to 4-3. Do you filter your OL by type? Or just scout them all and take the best overalls?
Old 12-11-2016, 10:54 PM   #827
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliverQuinn
Thank you so much for your work on this tool.

I have an unrelated question if anyone could answer. In order to get the most meaningful scouts necessary, what type of players do you scout for a 3-4 defense outside of the obvious nose tackle and 3-4 run stopping DEs? Mostly for secondary and LB corps.
i run a hybrid D so i use a 3-4 versatile DE and a run stopping 3 -4 DE and 2 Run Stopping DTs. i use 3-4 tackler MLBs and run stopping OLBs. I use balance CBs this year because of the way the ratings work and i use a zone FS and a balanced SS. Kickers and Punters i use power for each.
Old 12-12-2016, 01:40 AM   #828
Pro

Old Man Nathy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliverQuinn
Thanks for that. I will try to transition to 4-3. Do you filter your OL by type? Or just scout them all and take the best overalls?
Nah i just scout them all TBH. The tool naturally prefers pass blocking LTs because if you're a run blocking LT, you should probably be moved to RT anyway. But you don't need to do anything as they'll end up being red chip rather than blue chip if they're an LT without adequate pass pro skills.

v7.1 released 16th October 2018! Check out the thread and download the latest version!
Old 12-12-2016, 09:41 AM   #829
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandonbs_21
I saw a person post a version with like what type of draft stories they are has that come out or did some one just add that to there doc
This was in MADDEN??

BP

Sent from my SM-G360T using Tapatalk
Old 12-12-2016, 09:43 AM   #830
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite76
you better take him and run for the hills.
And FT his *** too if he lives up to the hype…

BP

Sent from my SM-G360T using Tapatalk
Old 12-12-2016, 11:23 AM   #831
Rookie

OVR: 2

Thanks for the incredible work on the tool!

Didn't find it until Week 13 of my 2nd season so I had already wasted a bunch of scouting points on it but I hammered out a draft last night that was way more successful than my first season.

- Traded into the top-10 to snag my top of the board player - a 79 over superstar HB - at #8
- Missed out on a stud C by one pick, so traded the 23rd to scoop the 32nd overall, a future 1st and a 4th this year, then landed a 76 ovr CB at 32
- 78 ovr RT in the 2nd.
- 75 ovr Superstar dev WR in the 3rd (Had a huge Week 1 - 7 rec 126 yd. Insane in the open field!)
- Mobile QB that ran a 4.54 40 in the 4th
- 77 ovr RG in the 5th!
- 75 ovr Speed back (90+ punt return) in the 7th

Only downside was a "This must be too good to be true" Blue-Chip receiving TE in the 4th round 100th overall. Turned out to be #181 talent and a 68 OVR. (I read the full primer so expected this to happen somewhere. Honestly the fact that the tool isn't perfect made me happy. No such thing as a sure pick!) BUT the sting wore off pretty quick: Took the #1 overall true talent player 121st overall! Converted him from a 3-4 Pass Rush ROLB to a 4-3 Speed Rush RE and he STARTED as an 83 ovr with Superstar dev!

Thanks again for the great tool, really excited for Year 3 with a full scouting cycle using the tool.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2016, 02:13 PM   #832
Pro

Old Man Nathy's Arena

Re: Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM - Version 3.2 Out Now!

Nice one, that's a great draft class. Shame about the TE but you can't win them all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

v7.1 released 16th October 2018! Check out the thread and download the latest version!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »