Home

EA Sports Madden 18 Dev Tweets

This is a discussion on EA Sports Madden 18 Dev Tweets within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-20-2018, 08:24 PM   #489
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports Madden 18 Dev Tweets

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeDunkz
All the hype for LongShot was dead after the game was out a week or 2. Is that really worth all the time and money they spend on it?
Longshot was never meant for the hardcore football fan - be it online, MUT or SIM. These folks would get the game regardless. Longshot was more about EA trying to find a new customer segment - the casuals who are not into football but may pick it up and play for a few weeks based on things like Longshot. It's more targeted towards the casual football fans who all become football fan for a day on SB.

Most, if not all, folks on OS will either buy Madden or not coz of other aspects (gameplay, career/franchise mode etc.) and Longshot will never enter their decision making process. Longshot is more for someone who might be see a trailer of Longshot and goes "That looks cool. Let me give it a shot." EA did something similar on FIFA (the whole Alex Hunter "Journey" saga) and they are gonna do it on Madden as well hoping a new customer segment picks up Madden coz of the new "Longshot Season".
Old 02-20-2018, 11:34 PM   #490
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

eh I consider myself a hardcore CFM guy, and think my posting history supports that, but I finished longshot and kinda enjoyed it.

Granted I did that the first weekend and never touched the mode again or had any urge to replay it, but for what it was advertised as I think it was good.

Not a fan that it took resources away from CFM, but to be honest I question how much it did that.
Old 02-21-2018, 01:26 AM   #491
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfie
Longshot was never meant for the hardcore football fan - be it online, MUT or SIM. These folks would get the game regardless. Longshot was more about EA trying to find a new customer segment - the casuals who are not into football but may pick it up and play for a few weeks based on things like Longshot. It's more targeted towards the casual football fans who all become football fan for a day on SB.

Most, if not all, folks on OS will either buy Madden or not coz of other aspects (gameplay, career/franchise mode etc.) and Longshot will never enter their decision making process. Longshot is more for someone who might be see a trailer of Longshot and goes "That looks cool. Let me give it a shot." EA did something similar on FIFA (the whole Alex Hunter "Journey" saga) and they are gonna do it on Madden as well hoping a new customer segment picks up Madden coz of the new "Longshot Season".
Meanwhile losing cfm fans...fans who actually are fans of football and the NFL.

Last edited by MelR2000; 02-21-2018 at 01:29 AM. Reason: Additionally note
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2018, 10:39 AM   #492
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
eh I consider myself a hardcore CFM guy, and think my posting history supports that, but I finished longshot and kinda enjoyed it.

Granted I did that the first weekend and never touched the mode again or had any urge to replay it, but for what it was advertised as I think it was good.

Not a fan that it took resources away from CFM, but to be honest I question how much it did that.
I didn't say Longshot can't or won't be played or enjoyed by hardcore football fans... just that the hardcore football fans didn't need an incentive like Longshot to continue purchasing Madden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelR2000
Meanwhile losing cfm fans...fans who actually are fans of football and the NFL.
I'm sure EA, like other businesses, are driven by numbers and if they see their revenue, profit and sales numbers drop they will surely look into it. If EA continue to go ahead that means either the CFM fans are not really going away from Madden or that they constitute such a small fraction of the Madden consumer segment that they don't impact EA's numbers much.
Old 02-21-2018, 03:52 PM   #493
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

Quote:
I didn't say Longshot can't or won't be played or enjoyed by hardcore football fans... just that the hardcore football fans didn't need an incentive like Longshot to continue purchasing Madden.

I'm sure EA, like other businesses, are driven by numbers and if they see their revenue, profit and sales numbers drop they will surely look into it. If EA continue to go ahead that means either the CFM fans are not really going away from Madden or that they constitute such a small fraction of the Madden consumer segment that they don't impact EA's numbers much.
My post wasn't directed solely at you, it was in response to the "theme" of the last several posts.
Old 02-21-2018, 09:09 PM   #494
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

Quote:
Madden was the 4th Best Selling Game of 2017, and Rex tweeted out that a record number of players played Franchise and MUT this year NBA2K was the number two selling game for 2017 behind Call of Duty: WWII. That was from Jan 19th, but in the grand scheme of things what's the true story behind the record numbers? How many Franchises went past Year 1, is he just counting online and not including Offline. So many more questions when it comes to those numbers.

******** async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8">

Last edited by UFCMPunk; 02-21-2018 at 09:13 PM.
Old 02-22-2018, 12:29 AM   #495
Rookie

UFCER's Arena

I agree - I had no idea NBA games were that popular?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2018, 04:35 AM   #496
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCER
I agree - I had no idea NBA games were that popular?
They're usually not, it shouldn't be more popular than football, for sure (in America).
It's testament to the quality of 2ks game...amazing what a deep, sim style game with great presentation can do through word of mouth advertising.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »