Home

Madden NFL 18 Interview with Rex Dickson (SimFBallCritic)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 18 Interview with Rex Dickson (SimFBallCritic) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2017, 10:56 AM   #121
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Madden NFL 18 Interview with Rex Dickson (SimFBallCritic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelD34KC
Yes we understand, you dont have to keep saying it. We understand they will go where the money is.

We are just talking about how depressing and aggravating it is.
I concur. What they need to do is start monetizing franchise in some way. No I don't want to give EA a bunch more money but if they were to do this then some folks (who choose to pay) could help all of us reap the benefits.

Sort of like any of us can play MUT without paying but the real reason they keep upgrading MUT is for those who do play.

When they (EA) figure that out, then we will all get a better franchise. If they ever do that is.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2017, 10:58 AM   #122
Rookie

Sucram7777's Arena

OVR: 0

This was me when I heard "No Dynamic Weather", as well as "Weather not having an impact on gameplay"

Lol but joking aside, While I'm a little bummed that Franchise Mode hasn't exactly seen the bulk of the attention this year, if they fixed the bugs they've had with certain stats, and implemented a new injury system to compliment the Off-Ball Injuries as well - I'll be a happy man.

Also pleased to hear that ratings WILL matter, and can't wait to see the difference between Freaks like Brady, and guys like Geno Smith.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20160223_072649.jpg (147.9 KB, 190 views)

Last edited by Sucram7777; 06-14-2017 at 11:04 AM.
Old 06-14-2017, 10:59 AM   #123
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelD34KC
Yes we understand, you dont have to keep saying it. We understand they will go where the money is.

We are just talking about how depressing and aggravating it is.
LOL. I just dont get why its "depressing". Sure, Franchise is no longer the sole focus or primary focus of the dev team. This isnt 2005 anymore. MUT and other modes that either generate new buyers or revenue are going to trump modes that dont.

But that doesnt mean that nothing was added or improved. We've received confirmation of 3 things that were added to Franchise. Draft Boards. Off ball Injuries. Secondary Matchups.

Now I read THREAD AFTER THREAD last year where people were complaining about no OL injuries. People have been complaining for yrs about no draft boards. I've been complaining for years about the lack of secondary matchups and now its fixed. I'm sure there will be other smaller additions too.

I'm not saying that you have to be happy that your favorite mode is lower on the totem pole. I'm just saying lets not act like NOTHING is being done to Franchise this year.
Old 06-14-2017, 11:03 AM   #124
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
There's no profit from franchise after the game ships. MUT is where they make the money. They will go where the money is.
How does this reasoning apply to Longshot though, as far as I can tell, the story mode isn't something they can monetize anymore than CFM is. In fact I'd argue there's more potential to monetize CFM than a story mode but that's a whole other discussion.

The general reasoning of Madden is made to make EA money, isn't some mic dropping coverall for their decisions, there is far more than one way or the way they choose to do things, to be profitable, as evidenced by what other sports games are doing and have done.
Old 06-14-2017, 11:06 AM   #125
Banned

SteelD34KC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
How does this reasoning apply to Longshot though, as far as I can tell, the story mode isn't something they can monetize anymore than CFM is. In fact I'd argue there's more potential to monetize CFM than a story mode but that's a whole other discussion.

The general reasoning of Madden is made to make EA money, isn't some mic dropping coverall for their decisions, there is far more than one way or the way they choose to do things, to be profitable, as evidenced by what other sports games are doing and have done.
Yeah Id pay money for features in CFM.

Heck give me AI for my FB's and TE's in blocking and Id give 4.99 for each. I dont care.

Throw away the canned animations and give me real, live WR/DB interaction and Ill pay for a package for that.

Story mode though? I could care less.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2017, 11:08 AM   #126
Rookie

Sucram7777's Arena

Quote:

The general reasoning of Madden is made to make EA money, isn't some mic dropping coverall for their decisions
, there is far more than one way or the way they choose to do things, to be profitable, as evidenced by what other sports games are doing and have done.

They may not be able to drop the mic after that statement, but they can ID the Mike if you know what I mean...

Old 06-14-2017, 11:08 AM   #127
Banned

Brightline's Arena

Ok any ideas for how they can monetize franchise mode? You need something creative to make it palatable.

off the top of my head
  • Downloadable draft class with 2018 rookies
  • historic teams playable within franchise (free in NBA 2K)
  • classic stadiums playable within franchise (free in the show)
  • XP

Last edited by Brightline; 06-14-2017 at 11:13 AM.
Old 06-14-2017, 11:10 AM   #128
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:

Thank you.Glad to see common sense still exists.But 9 times out of 10, its the "reasoning" as sound reasoning, when its not really, its just what they do. There are more than just 1 way to go about doing things... Other games make money too last i checked.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »