Home

Madden NFL 18 Interview with Rex Dickson (SimFBallCritic)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 18 Interview with Rex Dickson (SimFBallCritic) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2017, 08:14 AM   #113
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Madden NFL 18 Interview with Rex Dickson (SimFBallCritic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
Also the fact that they added hundreds of common names to the commentary. That is a underrated feature that not many are talking about. It would be nice to hear/think that the generated players apart of this game, especially 3-5 years into season.
It also would be great if they kept adding in names with the commentary updates that CFM will get this year.
Old 06-14-2017, 08:18 AM   #114
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
It also would be great if they kept adding in names with the commentary updates that CFM will get this year.
And also, why not tie in the main commentary with the recent draft storylines? So Charles Davies talks about the Heisman winner or the fastest guy at the combine etc
Old 06-14-2017, 08:32 AM   #115
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Rex seemed a little bit more flustered than usual with how to answer the question and I think it's because he knew, especially talking to Sim, that people would absolutely flip out if he just came out and said "well most of our franchise team has actually been working on NBA Live 18's franchise." Shopmaster said in his Q&A that John White was working on NBA Live and I don't think it's a stretch to think more of the franchise team has been as well to basically help lay a foundation for them moving forward.

So my question is , why could they not hire a team for franchise for Live? Why pull resources away from a dev crew that is already probably the smallest group ( from the way they make it sound) ?Just does not make sense to me . Also the Longshot thing, to me says, that CFM crew will only continue to be cut short in the future, because they will be needing to add more to that new mode each year. This is extremely frustrating and in no way shows us, they really care near as much as he trys to reassure that they do. They dont, if they did they would not have pulled the cfm crew to work on another game and longshot, they would have hired people for it, we all know Madden makes them more than enough money to do so.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2017, 08:54 AM   #116
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
So my question is , why could they not hire a team for franchise for Live? Why pull resources away from a dev crew that is already probably the smallest group ( from the way they make it sound) ?Just does not make sense to me . Also the Longshot thing, to me says, that CFM crew will only continue to be cut short in the future, because they will be needing to add more to that new mode each year. This is extremely frustrating and in no way shows us, they really care near as much as he trys to reassure that they do. They dont, if they did they would not have pulled the cfm crew to work on another game and longshot, they would have hired people for it, we all know Madden makes them more than enough money to do so.
Because Live is by far their worst producing major title. It's not surprising at all they are trying to cut corners with cost.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Old 06-14-2017, 08:59 AM   #117
MVP

OVR: 1

i have a memory of Madden 08 PC where all my players/ss names were announced in commentary ... or am i misremembering?
Old 06-14-2017, 08:59 AM   #118
Banned

SteelD34KC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
Yeah, its very depressing to hear "No it didnt take resources away." Backtrack, backtrack, backpedal. "Well yeah some people were taken from other departments etc to fund and work on this Longshot."

But this is the way games are going these days. Us old school franchise guys are going the way of the dinosaur.
Old 06-14-2017, 10:09 AM   #119
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelD34KC
Yeah, its very depressing to hear "No it didnt take resources away." Backtrack, backtrack, backpedal. "Well yeah some people were taken from other departments etc to fund and work on this Longshot."

But this is the way games are going these days. Us old school franchise guys are going the way of the dinosaur.
There's no profit from franchise after the game ships. MUT is where they make the money. They will go where the money is.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-14-2017, 10:50 AM   #120
Banned

SteelD34KC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
There's no profit from franchise after the game ships. MUT is where they make the money. They will go where the money is.
Yes we understand, you dont have to keep saying it. We understand they will go where the money is.

We are just talking about how depressing and aggravating it is.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »