Home

Leaked madden 18 e3

This is a discussion on Leaked madden 18 e3 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2017, 05:18 PM   #105
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Leaked madden 18 e3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooke2011
https://youtu.be/kIY__I3lExc
Def see better player movement in this vid

Are they using this new target passing? It doesn't look to be different than past maddens
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2017, 05:20 PM   #106
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Funny thing is I'm reading in one Madden thread about how Madden gives us all way too long to pass because of the pocket not collapsing right and then in another thread I am reading about how Madden offensive players miss obvious blocks they should pick up.

I know, I know, both are valid points depending upon the circumstance but still funny nonetheless.
Haha. It's a never ending battle. If they make the CPU logic block the defense perfect, then there will never be sacks. You'll see threads like "It's impossible to get sacks" and "Blocking is too smart". Which would be warranted. It's definitely a tough balance.

If there is one thing I would suggest to the devs is to not only continue to add "good" animations, but add "bad" ones as well. Specifically in that vid, if there was an animation where the fullback tried to reach back and pick up the MLB who got the sack, no one would complain. Things don't have to play out perfectly, they just need to make sense. That's where animations are key.
Old 06-14-2017, 05:22 PM   #107
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
Are they using this new target passing? It doesn't look to be different than past maddens
No it does not seem like it. You can still pass the regular way. You have to trigger the new mechanic by holding LT. Doesn't seem like anyone has done it yet in any leaked footage.
Old 06-14-2017, 05:26 PM   #108
MVP

Americas Team's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
I love how u can hear Rex at the end yelling at this guy to stop filming. Lol.

Another quick thing here, and unfortunately, it's now a theme. I know many are saying in the skins vid, the FB wouldn't block that blitzing LB, but I'm still seeing that lack of understanding an 'immediate threat'. On one of these plays, the C, I believe has no one to block, he moves to the right to find someone. The LE just releases from the RT, I wanted to see the C pick that guy up, but instead, he double teams or triple teams in an awkward way, and the LE ends up hitting the QB.

These things are always tough. U can argue that in real life, he wouldn't see it quick enough or something, and maybe, in essence, as a video game, we can see these things quicker or something, lol, but I still just don't feel like the coding for any single player, Olinemen, WR, RB, or any defensive player on an INT return (someone pointed this out on the Dallas INT), has the concept of 'immediate threat block' and/or they aren't decisive enough. Like, I want the player to be looking for a block, and if some new threat arises, and it's closest to him and/or greatest threat to the ball, I want him to heat seek it! And, we've just never had that.

Instead, again, unfortunately, what we have is pre-play concept of who to block, and during play, 'I'm going to block my assigned man and that's ALL im blocking!! Now, where is that Safety? 30 yards downfield? I GOT THIS!!' Lol

The game is still going to be good. I'm looking forward to a lot. But, I have to admit, I was hoping this was a legacy issue that got cleaned up. And, every year, we do seem to hear, 'blocking has been fixed. Yes, we took care of that,' etc. So, I'm not sure they see this as a problem, maybe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah they need to find a way to make the blockers cancel their assignment when an immediate threat is near the ball carrier. But the FB play wasnt that bad to me, either way the RB would have got hit for a loss.
I was so pissed it took so long for the person to pick a play, lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Operation Sports mobile app

Last edited by Americas Team; 06-14-2017 at 05:42 PM.
Old 06-14-2017, 05:32 PM   #109
MVP

Americas Team's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
And Kanobi's fears confirmed. No urgency, explosion from the ends once again.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Operation Sports mobile app
Yup, still no consistent push from the DL. It still seems to be either stonewall pass blocking or free rush to the Qb, smh.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 06-14-2017, 05:49 PM   #110
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg713
Remember it is an alpha build. Would I be surprised if it was still this way in the final product? No. But maybe it's a bug or something can still be worked on.

Even though I understand the reason behind not letting people show an unfinished product, it can also be good to get bugs/glitches pointed out from the community. Noticing things like this can only help the developers look into whats going on there.

Also to your argument point, sometimes missed blocks can be good. They happen in real life. I'm sure we all wouldn't mind seeing missed blocks here and there. Especially if its a ratings based thing. However its about the consistency of the missed block which appears to be happening.

Yeah, no doubt. And, I'm ok with some of it. I'm ok with missed blocks here and there. That can add to the realism and I'm a sim type guy. But, on the play I'm talking about, they were in a 3-4 D, and they ultimately only rushed 4 players vs 5 linemen. The NT pulled back into coverage, and 1 ILB blitzed. Now, u can argue that the blitz scheme faked em out or something, they overloaded the right side of Oline. And, as the C is trying to figure things out, he's so close to being in position to help out properly with the LE, but he decides to push into the line, instead, where the blitzing LB was, but really, he was already picked up, so the C should've found the LE. The ultimate result being a big win for the D going 4 vs 5 on the Oline. I hate that!! Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-14-2017, 05:53 PM   #111
MVP

Black Bruce Wayne's Arena

Quote:
Well the dirty little secret is that the lions share of of people that bash the crap out of Madden still buy the game day one.

If you really hated it that much you'd quit buying it.
Exactly and people can't stay away
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2017, 06:42 PM   #112
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10
B

Quote:
Funny thing is I'm reading in one Madden thread about how Madden gives us all way too long to pass because of the pocket not collapsing right and then in another thread I am reading about how Madden offensive players miss obvious blocks they should pick up.

I know, I know, both are valid points depending upon the circumstance but still funny nonetheless.
Because those are the typical outcomes we get. Either the line holds up or the AI breaks down. There really isn't much in-between.

What we get is clean pocket, clean pocket, pass rush, clean pocket, breakdown, clean pocket, breakdown, clean pocket, pass rush. Seemingly regardless of the strength of the pass rushers. You have plenty of time to pass or no time at all.

I want to see the OL/DL battle each down. I want to see a stud DE harassing a second-tier OT throughout the game. It shouldn't be a clear win/loss fight between the OL and DL, with either the block shredded or stone-walled.

In Madden the only way for a DL/LB to be effective in the pass rush is to get off their blocks or come free. This creates too many clean pockets. Effective pass rushers should also move the OL around, make the QB step up, pushed back, panic'd. They don't have to engage to QB to be effective, they simply have to mess up his rhythm.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »