Home

Madden 18 is Once Again Kicking Improvements to CFM Down the Road (US Gamer)

This is a discussion on Madden 18 is Once Again Kicking Improvements to CFM Down the Road (US Gamer) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-06-2017, 09:41 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 18 is Once Again Kicking Improvements to CFM Down the Road (US Gamer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by osk9
....If I worked for EA..and I read comments like this one, I'd be very concerned that we were losing the support of actual football people.
Which is why they made Longshot, so that they can get the soccer fans to fill that hole lol Honestly, short of getting another company to compete with EA this will drag on for a very long time. CFM doesn't make EA any money....I doubt any shareholders will ever be interested in any release of Madden where CFM gets more love than MUT. That will never happen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2017, 09:55 AM   #26
Rookie

Re: Madden 18 is Once Again Kicking Improvements to CFM Down the Road (US Gamer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
The article makes one point about how after you win the Super Bowl, what other motivation is there?

But an easy way to solve this is to make Madden REMEMBER. What's better than one Super Bowl? How about a dynasty? If Madden, including the commentators, could remember, maybe they could talk about how you're chasing the Steelers, Cowboys, 49ers or Patriots for extended dominance? Maybe, after a decade of playing, they could talk about how your quarterback stands in regards to Tom Brady?

Legacy score is great. But I want to hear about being the two time defending champion as I play for a three peat. I want to hear about the four Super Bowls my coach has won, and how I'm creeping up on Bill Belichick.

If Madden would only remember, the game would be much more fun in CFM.
THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-06-2017, 09:57 AM   #27
MVP

SeaTownGamer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightline
On this subject, Madden is such a massive game that is so many things at the same time. Is it crazy to price it at $99 instead of $59?

That's a dumb question. Yes it would be crazy to price it at $99.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-06-2017, 04:44 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightline
On this subject, Madden is such a massive game that is so many things at the same time. Is it crazy to price it at $99 instead of $59?
Marketing thinks/knows that they will lose more money in lost sales for a $99 game than they would make in the price difference. Especially when you factor in micro transactions.
Old 07-06-2017, 07:51 PM   #29
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I've always liked Kat, she tells it like it is, even though we've already heard it or know about it.

The best case scenerio is if other websites and Twitter continue to publish articles or spread the word, one would think that next year CFM would receive more than a tune-up.

Honestly what excuse would they have if they didn't majorly overall franchise mode by next year? Graphics are going to look like god touched them this year, game play has honestly been enjoyable, can it improve some, of course it can, but those will be small tweaks from here on out. I like at it like a building the foundation is gameplay, graphics is how it's presented to the world and certain modes like MUT, CFM and whatever that new story mode thing is called this year is what makes us fall in love and never want to leave the building.

If these Devs care about the product that they develop (and I know they do, who wouldn't) someone saying I played it and shelved it after a few weeks should be taken as a personal insult. Yes, game has been sold, profit has been made but that's the business side of whole thing, but us loving and never wanting to play another game until the next one drop should be their goals and something they should take personal pride in (not saying that hey don't).

Old 07-06-2017, 07:53 PM   #30
Rookie

SyncereBlackout's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaTownGamer
That's a dumb question. Yes it would be crazy to price it at $99.

Why would it be crazy?

NY Jets
NY Yankees
NY Rangers
Florida Gators
Old 07-06-2017, 08:11 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
The article makes one point about how after you win the Super Bowl, what other motivation is there?

But an easy way to solve this is to make Madden REMEMBER. What's better than one Super Bowl? How about a dynasty? If Madden, including the commentators, could remember, maybe they could talk about how you're chasing the Steelers, Cowboys, 49ers or Patriots for extended dominance? Maybe, after a decade of playing, they could talk about how your quarterback stands in regards to Tom Brady?

Legacy score is great. But I want to hear about being the two time defending champion as I play for a three peat. I want to hear about the four Super Bowls my coach has won, and how I'm creeping up on Bill Belichick.

If Madden would only remember, the game would be much more fun in CFM.
Totally agree, except with the point about Legacy Score. Legacy Score is terrible, arbitrary, and doesn't work. It's missing every great player and coach, and it's so easy to get into the top 10 of "legacy" within a season or two that it becomes irrelevant. You win one Superbowl as a 76 overall running back who has a decent, 1000 yard season, and suddenly you're the "Top 12 RB of all time" or something. It's ridiculous. They haven't improved it since debuting it, infact, it's probably gotten worse because every year there's fewer and fewer all time greats on there. Like, I'm pretty sure when you start Franchise mode, the greatest coaches of all time in the legacy list are... John Madden, Mike Tomlin, and Mike McCarthy. With a list like that, the legacy system is just meaningless.

Madden saving some sort of history season to season is a feature needed for a decade plus. What's sad is that this feature was available in NCAA Football on PS2, which saved all data to an 8MB memory card. You could go back and look at season by season statistics and year over year performance throughout your dynasty's history. And... sadly... despite having limitless storage of massive hard drives and a cloud infrastructure where TBs of storage cost almost nothing, it's too much these days.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2017, 08:26 PM   #32
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpNorthCatsFan
Honestly what excuse would they have if they didn't majorly overall franchise mode by next year? Graphics are going to look like god touched them this year, game play has honestly been enjoyable, can it improve some, of course it can, but those will be small tweaks from here on out. I like at it like a building the foundation is gameplay, graphics is how it's presented to the world and certain modes like MUT, CFM and whatever that new story mode thing is called this year is what makes us fall in love and never want to leave the building.

If these Devs care about the product that they develop (and I know they do, who wouldn't) someone saying I played it and shelved it after a few weeks should be taken as a personal insult. Yes, game has been sold, profit has been made but that's the business side of whole thing, but us loving and never wanting to play another game until the next one drop should be their goals and something they should take personal pride in (not saying that hey don't).

Not sure if it will be majorly overhauled next year. I think we all learned to lower expectations, so, hopefully, people won't go into next year disappointed if not everything is met to their own expectations.

Also, difficult to argue metrics when you have the developers tell you that FM mode numbers increased for the # of CFM's played and the length that was played.

I think the developers knew there would be backlash regarding the lack of CFM addition this year. The media outlets need to keep hammering that point home so the developers can turn to the suits/marketing and say, hey, we are getting negative feedback on the lack of CFM improvements. We need to spend some serious time with that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »