Home

Clint Oldenburg Talks Blocking, Mechanics, and "Broken" Zones (T4Verts)

This is a discussion on Clint Oldenburg Talks Blocking, Mechanics, and "Broken" Zones (T4Verts) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2017, 09:39 PM   #9
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Clint Oldenburg Talks Blocking, Mechanics, and "Broken" Zones (T4Verts)

Its a great interview but he said ratings disparity develops as season moves along....is that case with CPU in my OFFLINE franchise?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-11-2017, 09:39 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
Pretty good interview. Lots of info from Clint. He didn't actually confirm that zones were broken, he just said that very few people actually played the game.

So I'm wondering if zones are really broken or if the zones back at EA Play were bugged and too tough or "too tight" so to speak.

We really just need to play the game ourselves and see.
That's why I said "broken", there were some bugs in zone early that they removed that make them feel different than EA Play. They aren't ready to say they are broken, but my guess is EA Access will give them the data they need to make a decision either way.
Old 08-11-2017, 09:41 PM   #11
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
Its a great interview but he said ratings disparity develops as season moves along....is that case with CPU in my OFFLINE franchise?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He means he wants guys, as their ratings to go up, to feel different. The assumption is this kind of progression happens over time with guys, but if your guy is elite to start, like a JJ Watt, you will see them wreck lower rated players. He used a JJ watt example and how he messed Rex up in his CFM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2017, 10:21 PM   #12
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Excellent interview, both questions and answers !!!!

I know what Clint was talking about when trying to explain how you adjust one thing and other things change. I used to try to build slider sets; oh lord!!!! Do I know.. As anyone else who plays with sliders knows; makes you wanna pull your hair out and kick children..lol
Old 08-11-2017, 10:51 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 19

Of all interviews he's done, he seemed more comfortable talking about the inner workings with you.

That's a testiment to you as a trustful medium between the dev and community, keep it up.

You asked meaningful questions without trying to put him and/or the game in a defensive position.

I jumped of the edge when Rex said they scaled things back from EA Play and Tweeted to them both my displeasure without understanding what was really going on.

I love the statement that the vids we have seen consist of rosters that are "balanced" and is the reason why the rush isn't as aggressive as we would like.

That tells me "Ratings" really do matter this year.

Love me some "Delta" talk to.
My roster edits will definitely be Delta driven that's for sure.

The only area that I wish would get brought up in any of these interviews is Special Team aspects beyond FG's.

On major issue has been that AI Punters don't look to pin with sky punts vs coffen kick attempts.
- That's the new logic now days because of the benefits of being pinned deep and/or a muffed punt.

Good stuff.
Old 08-11-2017, 10:57 PM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
Of all interviews he's done, he seemed more comfortable talking about the inner workings with you.

That's a testiment to you as a trustful medium between the dev and community, keep it up.

You asked meaningful questions without trying to put him and/or the game in a defensive position.

I jumped of the edge when Rex said they scaled things back from EA Play and Tweeted to them both my displeasure without understanding what was really going on.

I love the statement that the vids we have seen consist of rosters that are "balanced" and is the reason why the rush isn't as aggressive as we would like.

That tells me "Ratings" really do matter this year.

Love me some "Delta" talk to.
My roster edits will definitely be Delta driven that's for sure.

The only area that I wish would get brought up in any of these interviews is Special Team aspects beyond FG's.

On major issue has been that AI Punters don't look to pin with sky punts vs coffen kick attempts.
- That's the new logic now days because of the benefits of being pinned deep and/or a muffed punt.

Good stuff.
I appreciate it. I will see if I can get some more info on Special Teams for you.
Old 08-11-2017, 10:59 PM   #15
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4VERTS
I appreciate it. I will see if I can get some more info on Special Teams for you.
Verts are you going to do any more interviews with him before launch? Or with Rex?

Was curious if you could bring up the QB scrambling or sensing pressure and trying to avoid sacks? Mobile QB's scrambling when under pressure, Pocket QB's throwing or atleast attempting the throw the ball away.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2017, 11:01 PM   #16
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
Verts are you going to do any more interviews with him before launch? Or with Rex?

Was curious if you could bring up the QB scrambling or sensing pressure and trying to avoid sacks? Mobile QB's scrambling when under pressure, Pocket QB's throwing or atleast attempting the throw the ball away.
I am working on one with John White. I may see about doing one more with Rex before the game officially drops, but I know Access week gets crazy. I think one of them did mention they were going to look into the scrambling and see whats going on. I think by their response they are supposed to be moving.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »