Home

Madden 18 CFM Scouting Tool

This is a discussion on Madden 18 CFM Scouting Tool within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2017, 10:13 PM   #241
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Madden 18 CFM Scouting Tool

Quote:
Originally Posted by morebetterjd
What do you guys recommend for finding sleepers in the late rounds? I use this tool. and it has been a total lifesaver for finding the top talent in the top rounds. It's also helps me decide when and how to move up and down in the draft for specific players or positions.

But I feel like every player i scout past the second round becomes a 'do not draft' and so i end up trading away all my 4-7th rounders for future higher picks.

id love to know how you all use your later picks, basically. sometimes ill see a 7th round qb or something with an A arm. or skill player with insane combine scores for speed. but what else?
I think you need to just scout more. I find sleepers all the time. Unless it's a really bad draft (which happens sometimes) there are always guys to find late.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2017, 08:51 AM   #242
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
What do you guys recommend for finding sleepers in the late rounds? I use this tool. and it has been a total lifesaver for finding the top talent in the top rounds. It's also helps me decide when and how to move up and down in the draft for specific players or positions.

But I feel like every player i scout past the second round becomes a 'do not draft' and so i end up trading away all my 4-7th rounders for future higher picks.

id love to know how you all use your later picks, basically. sometimes ill see a 7th round qb or something with an A arm. or skill player with insane combine scores for speed. but what else?

In the later rounds is where I find solid players, either situational players and the occasional starter.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Romans 1:16
Old 10-02-2017, 04:03 PM   #243
Rookie

Yeah as others stated you can find red and even blue chippers in the late rounds fairly commonly. Probably a few per round.

Usually I try to target a round early just to be sure I get a guy, so maybe my 7th rd pick I won't have anyone left on my board and trade the pick (although sometimes I will still pick a guy I at least scouted a bit even if not fully)
Old 10-02-2017, 08:20 PM   #244
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trained2Survive
In the later rounds is where I find solid players, either situational players and the occasional starter.

That is once I get my auto subs figured out.

Romans 1:16
Old 10-04-2017, 12:45 AM   #245
Rookie

This looks really cool. Any word on if it works with OpenOffice?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2017, 09:12 AM   #246
Pro

sms024's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarnhaan
This looks really cool. Any word on if it works with OpenOffice?

So far every time I try to open it with OpenOffice it just freezes up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-04-2017, 03:55 PM   #247
Rookie

Yeah, it is strange. The very first time I downloaded it and opened it in OpenOffice, it seemed to be fine. But I didn't do anything with it. About an hour later I was ready to work on it, and it went haywire. The first row got huge and then froze. And every time I tried to open it after that... it won't.

On a side note, I've got it working in Sheets. Some of the drop downs don't work, but I think they were noted somewhere in this thread. But it seems to be calculating the other stuff alright, so I'll keep using it as I can.

I have access to MS Excel at work, so I might transfer things some of the draft players over to see if it looks different. If not, I'll just keep working with Sheets.

Again, appreciate the work put into this. I used to hand write everything in my "Madden Scouting" notebook, but this will be much easier to review quickly.
Old 10-04-2017, 06:02 PM   #248
Pro

Old Man Nathy's Arena

Quote:

As others have said, it shouldn’t be that hard. You might not be using your scouting points very efficiently. Check out my new guide on Reddit here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Madden/comm...1K&sh=b9b2b068

Part two coming soon, will cross post to OS as well.

v7.1 released 16th October 2018! Check out the thread and download the latest version!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »