Home

What would prevent you from buying Madden 19?

This is a discussion on What would prevent you from buying Madden 19? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-08-2017, 02:10 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: What would prevent you from buying Madden 19?

If they fix formation subs, fix CFM roster management for cpu controlled teams, fix cpu playcalling, continue to improve QB play and don't break anything else along the way I'll buy it. If not I'll just keep playing 18 if I need to play a football game
Old 12-08-2017, 02:49 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 1

If CFM isn't totally overhauled in ways that align with what I want in a sports game, which is not at all the direction they seem to be taking things, I'm going to have no reason to buy another Madden game. It's just not fun for me anymore.
Old 12-08-2017, 07:23 AM   #11
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18

NFL 2K19.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2017, 08:08 AM   #12
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Only if I can't get it at a much less reduced price at launch.
Old 12-08-2017, 09:00 AM   #13
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0

Nothing really, as I always get Madden. I picked M18 up for 20$ Black Friday. It's easily worth that. I was just as content playing M17 for my football fix until 18 hit the vault. If M19 is as minimally improved as M18 was Id have no problem doing this again. Plus, a lot of good games come out the last quarter of the year so its not like there's a lack of options. This is a far cry from where I was years ago when I preordered Madden and looked forward to it every year. 20$ is about where Madden is at value wise for me being an offliner. I'm not spending 60$ on a game I can't even finish the trial of. I'm not gonna beg a company to deliver what I want in a product. Ill just spend my time and money elsewhere. No harm, no foul. I honestly don't care anymore whether they implement the amazing franchise I (and others) want. It would be great if they did. They have the talent to. But, whatever... I accept it as what it is and value it accordingly.
Old 12-08-2017, 09:02 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 1

wont buy at launch if the same thing happened with M19 that happened with M18 as i didnt buy m18 at launch; other than that things that would help me buy

all penalties in the game for sim
user defined contracts
rfas
5th yr option
formation subs that stick
formation/play design
custom packages
the cpu not franchising a player i dont frnachise when everything is user controlled
udfas getting league minimum not $2.x m for a 67 ovr cb or de
trade logic where i cant get 15 1st round picks without using cheese techniques by year 4
coordinators/position coaches
Old 12-08-2017, 09:44 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
Nothing really, as I always get Madden. I picked M18 up for 20$ Black Friday. It's easily worth that. I was just as content playing M17 for my football fix until 18 hit the vault. If M19 is as minimally improved as M18 was Id have no problem doing this again. Plus, a lot of good games come out the last quarter of the year so its not like there's a lack of options. This is a far cry from where I was years ago when I preordered Madden and looked forward to it every year. 20$ is about where Madden is at value wise for me being an offliner. I'm not spending 60$ on a game I can't even finish the trial of. I'm not gonna beg a company to deliver what I want in a product. Ill just spend my time and money elsewhere. No harm, no foul. I honestly don't care anymore whether they implement the amazing franchise I (and others) want. It would be great if they did. They have the talent to. But, whatever... I accept it as what it is and value it accordingly.
It's kind of funny because that $20 dollar price point was a big factor in EA getting the exclusive license. I do agree with you though it is a 20 dollar game. It has very little resale value after the first couple of months. What would stop me from getting it at launch though would be a divorce as my wife buys it for me at launch every year. At best buy witb trading in last year's game and throwing in another not played anymore game you can get to that price point at launch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2017, 12:20 PM   #16
Pro

OVR: 11

Super techmo bowl '19 in 32bit
NCAAF- MIAMI LSU
"IM SO UPTOWN AND IF U AIN'T MOTHA#$@ DONT GO UPTOWN, YEAH"

Quote:
How often can the bug be reproduced? That's a question for the developers...I'm not testing this for them...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »