MVP

briz1046's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: CFM - SO many 80+ RBs

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARLEE23
It’s realistic imo

RBs at that level are a dime a dozen
Probably a bit high but I'd agree there should be a whole bunch around the mid to high seventies imo
Old 01-24-2018, 06:36 AM   #11
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

When I was doing my XP Slider tests when this first came out this my first observation that seemed way off. Default roster has a **** ton of 80+ HBs. All other positions are pretty normal for the most part. But for whatever reason HBs are loaded. Later on in your CFM when these guys get filtered out and it's mostly draft class players it get much better. Really only solution is to go in and manually knock down some ratings (ie carry and bcv).

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2018, 08:13 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 1

the funny thing is the way they can be different to be 80 odd overall. i usually have 4 hbs on my roster, and in coach mode and manual special move (ie they arent used much by the cpu) they can all run different. when selecting them during preseason i watch how they approach what i use normally in my game plan. if they interact with the play and oline play the way that works how i want then they stay. btw if you leave auto on special moves by rb in coach mode they only ever try special moves and they have poor production
Old 01-24-2018, 01:33 PM   #13
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
When I was doing my XP Slider tests when this first came out this my first observation that seemed way off. Default roster has a **** ton of 80+ HBs. All other positions are pretty normal for the most part. But for whatever reason HBs are loaded. Later on in your CFM when these guys get filtered out and it's mostly draft class players it get much better. Really only solution is to go in and manually knock down some ratings (ie carry and bcv).

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I totally agree. Too many rbs are overrated. When you have melvin gordon as an 85(ish) overall, duke johnson around 82 McCaffrey 83 etc. These guys aren't trash, but they are rated to highly imo. then the whole position group tends to get inflated over time as they update the rosters
Old 01-24-2018, 06:15 PM   #14
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

First to the OP, the default preseason roster is WAY better ratings-wise. Mid-season and end-season rosters are always hyper-inflated and are really only good to use in Play Now games.

Second. I won't go through the lecture that overall is a meaningless value; we all understand that. But, for RBs they have so many different primary and secondary ratings which contribute to RB overall, that it doesn't take much to get a ton of different guys to that 80 overall threshold....all of which could have vastly different skill sets.
Old 01-24-2018, 06:19 PM   #15
Rookie

Possible to start a CFM using preseason rosters in the playoffs of year 1??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2018, 06:26 PM   #16
Banned

Also i think that sometimes the oline doesn't get enough credit for a good rushing attack as compared to the rb. Not always but i would use the rams as a prime example.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »