Home

Name the one Franchise feature you want added the most

This is a discussion on Name the one Franchise feature you want added the most within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-01-2018, 07:14 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Name the one Franchise feature you want added the most

If we're just talking franchise:

More realistic stadiums, team names, and uniforms for relocation. The Memphis Egyptians? Really? In the NFL?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2018, 07:15 PM   #42
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
I agree with your wants 100%, however saying bare minimum is ignoring how the resources are allocated for this game. For Madden now, 3 of these in one year would be a huge get.
I think it all depends on how serious they are about it. Franchise has gotten the most traction and demand for change than I've seen in a long time. The fact that it's been acknowledged by the devs also is a good sign but we'll see. Looking back to M12 it's insane the amount of things they were able to pack into one cycle while likely also building CCM at the same time.

Obviously now MUT is bigger, eSports is at the forefront, then there's also Longshot now, hopefully not still NBA Live so there's tons of hands in the pot but they've shown the ability to bring it before so hopefully it's something they're taking serious and it doesn't end up like the recent "overhaul."

To the topic though, I'd say full coaching staffs (coordinators and position coaches) just because of the amount of different things they can touch within the mode. Progression, scouting, free agency, game prep, etc. There's so many things that having a tangible coaching staff could positively affect so as far as bang for buck goes I think that could be huge.

That's 1a, 1b I'm just going to lump under "Authentic Roster Management." Waiver wire, compensatory picks, fifth-year options, RFA, ERFA, practice squad rules, etc. All of this kind of stuff fits under the 'Big Decisions' umbrella which has been extremely bare bones since being introduced. It also makes CFM immediately deeper and largely isn't stuff that is going to need a ton of year-to-year maintenance.
Old 02-02-2018, 12:27 AM   #43
Rookie

The ability to carry over Franchise saves from Madden 18 to Madden 19!
Think about it from this perspective:
I’m a single player CFM guy.
1) I’m a lifelong Cowboy fan.
I do a CFM as the Cowboys on every Madden.
Since I’ve never been able to carry over my CFM from the previous Madden, starting over in a new Madden each year is, in some ways, like playing seasons I’ve already played.
Example: I’ve already played through Witten and Dez’s and Ezekiel Elliott’s retirement.
Now I’m starting over with them on my team again. I’m doing things I’ve already done.
The thing the devs need to keep in mind is that for the majority of CFM players, roster management, draft, free agency and retirement are all essential aspects to why we play the game.
Don’t make us repeat scenarios with the same group of players year after year with each new Madden.
2) Knowing I’ll be able to play out the universe I’ve created in the next Madden with carryover saves will keep me playing each year’s Madden longer.
Without carryover saves, when I begin to lose interest in Madden 18, I’ll quit it sooner because I start to realize that progressing that rookie class I just drafted won’t pay any dividends because I’ll never see them when they’re fully-developed veterans. They’ll disappear forever when the new Madden comes out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-02-2018, 12:33 AM   #44
Rookie

MANY more face models for fictional draftees in the draft classes Madden makes for CFM. After 3-4 years, the whole league begins to look like it came from the gene pool of half a dozen families. Tons of identical octuplets.
Plus, having a bunch of guys with identical faces kills some of the fun in a mode built around personnel decisions.
Example: 3 seasons down the road, I recognize the face of the awesome shutdown CB I passed in the draft as he kicks my a$$ at least twice a year as he plays a hall if fame career for a division rival.
With the limited # of facial models Madden 18 has, I recognize the face of EVERY fictional rookie, because they look exactly like the guys on my team!

Old 02-02-2018, 01:25 AM   #45
Rookie

mlb61's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by feeq14
I'd be fine with just importing the features that we got with NFL Headcoach 07. . . .
No such beast. Take your pick of NFL Head Coach (sometimes referred to as HC06) on the PC or NFL Head Coach 09 on PS3/Xbox 360. Surely you mean HC09, which was a great game with many great ideas (and some wonky ones too) but absolutely the buggiest Madden ever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2018, 01:28 AM   #46
Rookie

mlb61's Arena

Bring back the ability to create your own plays and add them to your playbook.
Old 02-02-2018, 01:31 AM   #47
Rookie

mlb61's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvann4x
MANY more face models for fictional draftees in the draft classes Madden makes for CFM. After 3-4 years, the whole league begins to look like it came from the gene pool of half a dozen families. Tons of identical octuplets.
Plus, having a bunch of guys with identical faces kills some of the fun in a mode built around personnel decisions.
Example: 3 seasons down the road, I recognize the face of the awesome shutdown CB I passed in the draft as he kicks my a$$ at least twice a year as he plays a hall if fame career for a division rival.
With the limited # of facial models Madden 18 has, I recognize the face of EVERY fictional rookie, because they look exactly like the guys on my team!

Totally agree, but see this as enhancement of an existing feature rather than adding a new one.
Old 02-02-2018, 02:29 AM   #48
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

Better cpu AI all around. That includes roster management, QB AI, and play calling.

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »