Home

Custom Draft Class Q

This is a discussion on Custom Draft Class Q within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2018, 02:58 PM   #9
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Custom Draft Class Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
My biggest question is are people able to share their custom draft classes on EA share? I don't have the time/patience/skill to build my own draft classes year after year, and would really like to rely on the great work by some folks in this community.

Have I missed this tidbit somewhere, or have they announced it?
Look for the Ben Haumiller interview in this forum. He confirmed EA Share.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 06-11-2018, 02:59 PM   #10
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
A lack of a randomizer kills this feature.

The best thing would be for it to let us pick the projected round and then assign the stats based on that, with some gems or busts sprinkled in randomly.
In the in-house editor at EA, any field left blank is randomized. Maybe it'll work the same *shrug* No confirmation either way so far.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 06-11-2018, 03:15 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
In the in-house editor at EA, any field left blank is randomized. Maybe it'll work the same *shrug* No confirmation either way so far.
We need to be able to at least directionally set things up though. If I leave everyone blank then we could up with Baker Mayfield being a guy that doesn’t get drafted and Mason Rudolph being the #1 overall pick. If we could pick archetype and then pick projected draft spot it would give us the right amount of control I think.

Edit: And to be clear I’m fine with every once and a while Mayfield being a bust and Rudolph being the next Brady, it’s just if it’s random they’ll actually get drafted that way which would be off.

Last edited by fballturkey; 06-11-2018 at 03:25 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2018, 03:32 PM   #12
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godgers12
This is the exact issue the online community has with this. They believe that commissioners will exploit this and basically cheat. My suggestion would be instead of setting exact ratings when creating a class, set ratings ranges as extreme as 0-100 or minimal as say 78-83 and everything inbetween, for each and every rating, even development ranges. This way each and every time a draft is downloaded it will have a different set of player ratings and developments.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app
If you think your commissioner is going to cheat and know the ratings, you might want to find a different league.

I think you guys are reaching before you even see it in action. Let’s wait and see.
Old 06-11-2018, 03:43 PM   #13
MVP

briz1046's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
If you think your commissioner is going to cheat and know the ratings, you might want to find a different league.

I think you guys are reaching before you even see it in action. Let’s wait and see.

Personally I'm more of an offline guy , so whilst I'd like to use this to create my own draft class for 2019 with real players , i'd prefer some degree of randomization so that I don't know exactly the ratings of each player beforehand , if it's inevitable I guess I'd have to use somebody else's upload
Old 06-11-2018, 04:04 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by briz1046
Personally I'm more of an offline guy , so whilst I'd like to use this to create my own draft class for 2019 with real players , i'd prefer some degree of randomization so that I don't know exactly the ratings of each player beforehand , if it's inevitable I guess I'd have to use somebody else's upload
If you’re just editing name, height/weight etc.., EA’s randomization is still there in that you don’t have to go to the other tabs where the ratings, traits etc are at.

If an individual is determined to cheat or get ahead some way, they will find and use it no matter what’s put into the game. (not directed at you)
(as to why I don’t do online at all)

Classes have been redone also, so generated Draft Classes for M19 will be new

Last edited by khaliib; 06-11-2018 at 04:06 PM.
Old 06-11-2018, 04:25 PM   #15
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

There needs to be a commisioner mode where all he does is oversee the league and isn't actually a part of it. Importing dract classes, vetoing trades, etc. It would be a role that requires a little less commitment while still enjoying how the league plays out.

Sent from my LG-AS993 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2018, 07:26 PM   #16
Rookie

SyncereBlackout's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence
There needs to be a commisioner mode where all he does is oversee the league and isn't actually a part of it. Importing dract classes, vetoing trades, etc. It would be a role that requires a little less commitment while still enjoying how the league plays out.

Sent from my LG-AS993 using Tapatalk

As a commissioner for as long as I can remember online dynasty and CFM I have to disagree. With 450 players In a draft there’s no way I’m going to edit a draft class. Also to think I can remember who was editing and assume no one else noticed this guy after a year of scouting. Unlikely. It’s a thankless job anyway. Even on the best years there’s no such thing as “less” or “little” commitment.

Just echoing if there is that much distrust in your commish. Madden isn’t the thing that needs fixing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NY Jets
NY Yankees
NY Rangers
Florida Gators

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »