Home

Madden NFL 19 Franchise Blog

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 19 Franchise Blog within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2018, 12:27 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 19 Franchise Blog

I have concerns about dynamic dev trait based on performance. I feel that performance should have a role but not be the determiner of the trait change. It will lead to a total imbalance potentially. If you have 2 bad seasons, you may never be able to climb back out because all your players traits drop. Last years performance and future "progression" really have nothing to do with each other.

Take Jared Goff for instance. He was terrible as a rookie and a pro bowler the next year. So after year 1 he drops to normal and then after year 2 he goes to superstar? In reality he should have started and stayed on superstar but his initial ratings should have started low.

There are also plenty of instances of players having a great only to be bad after that.

Trait changes should be random and be influenced by injuries, coaching changes or at least scheme changes, etc.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 06-14-2018, 12:28 PM   #50
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDKing
So i have to go to a gallery to see other teams snapshots? Not what i was expecting

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
No they are going to be used in the news feed as well with the stories.
Old 06-14-2018, 12:28 PM   #51
Rookie

So... What did we have these different archetypes in the last game for? What did they do, attach meters to it now? You can see the coach in his office? What the hell does that supposed to do for the game? They are taking things that appeared in many other maddens prior to this and just recycling them and making a big deal out of it. If you are going to take that approach, there are better options to do that with.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2018, 12:30 PM   #52
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

@T4Verts: Any idea if XP sliders are still in? This seems like a pretty drastic change to XP/Progression since XP itself isn't directly used in upgrading players anymore - it's only a means of getting the Skill Points that actually improve a player. Wondering if the XP sliders made the cut in this new system.
Old 06-14-2018, 12:32 PM   #53
MVP

eric7064's Arena

OVR: 1

I love it!

BUT, what is up with the abundance of 23-24 year old rookies. It's right there on the screenshot. How do they not fix this? It's so simple. They should be 23 at the very latest, with most being 21-22. Some even 20!
Old 06-14-2018, 12:34 PM   #54
Pro

MMurda's Arena

OVR: 5

not to undermine the blog but i found it MEH. i was expecting new info from how they framed it earlier at e3. this was just the same info regurgitated with slightly more detail. im just kinda mehhh about 19 so far.

i am interested to see more raw video of the real player motion and see the interactions and tackling play out more, but im overall unimpressed. i guess its just im falling out of love with madden and im a player since '92 on genesis. i will probably get it since i skip a yr now and buy every other yr. its like unless they go hard on franchise and gameplay and take some risk and go to 2k levels of additions (my GM and its level of detail) i will probably stop buying after 19.

PS: my fav madden of all in terms of gameplay, fun, and franchise depth, is hands down madden 07 on ps2 for reference.
----------------------
Madden Since '92
Old 06-14-2018, 12:35 PM   #55
MVP

scitychamps87's Arena

OVR: 3

Overall, I thought this was a pretty good explanation of what we knew. I'm excited for franchise mode. However I was a little bit intrigued by the disclaimer at the bottom of the blog that "presentation and content subject to change". Maybe....just maybe... little presentation tidbits received an upgrade in franchise mode.

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app
--5 Time Stanley Cup Champions--
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2018, 12:35 PM   #56
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric7064
I love it!

BUT, what is up with the abundance of 23-24 year old rookies. It's right there on the screenshot. How do they not fix this? It's so simple. They should be 23 at the very latest, with most being 21-22. Some even 20!
Customization makes this a non issue. Just change it if it is not to your liking.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »