Home

Madden NFL 19 Franchise Blog

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 19 Franchise Blog within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2018, 03:45 PM   #129
Rookie

Kingd803's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Madden NFL 19 Franchise Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by cch99
It seems to me after reading this blog that there was very little to nothing done to add immersion from around the league unless you are in a multi-player league. *One of my biggest issues with franchise has been the lack of feeling like you are part of the NFL. Instead you are in this *bubble of your team and the media tweets just don't do it for me. *To me that has always killed fun factor of the Franchise mode. *NCAA did it great with the Sports Illustrated issues. *I keep hoping for something like this to make it's way back into Madden and the twitter stuff just hasn't done it for me. *At this point, this game is still not a day one purchase for me. *I couldn't enjoy franchise last year and these additions just aren't enough to get me back on board for an early purchase.
I agree. The coach in his office is pretty damn cool. And unexpected for me. So that’s a nice addition.

But boy did I love the ESPN and sports illustrated magazine’s on ncaa back in the day. Then even had great losses for players. If my QB had a record setting day and moved up in the heisman race there would always be cool poses for him. Or if my Defense became the top rated unit in the league maybe my star linebacker would be on the cover.

I think they could do something similar. But maybe with espn’s website. Considering magazine’s are not so popular anymore. Have different tabs for different pages. Stats, standings, awards, scores, etc. I’d love that.

Hell look at nba lives halftime show. While it’s not great. It’s still a great starting point. With the sport center overlay! I mean that is awesome to me. How cool would it be to have a weekly wrap up with maybe a top ten plays of the week?

Damn here I am dreaming again.
Old 06-14-2018, 03:45 PM   #130
Pro

StayPlation82's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
So a few questions.

1) How will we "scout" those with the superstar dev trait?
I personally believe you shouldn't be able to scout dev trait. find that out when you draft a guy or later like in Madden's past. they made it way too easy to find guys recently.

Last edited by StayPlation82; 06-14-2018 at 04:01 PM.
Old 06-14-2018, 03:45 PM   #131
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
Wouldn’t work, you would be back on here screaming “Broke” feature if Dev Trait was tied to Auto random generated Injuries.
- something user has absolutely no say in

Looking past the AI side of things, this places the burden upon you as the “Usered” QB to perform gameplay wise to maintain the player at whatever level he’s at.
- If Goff loses that Superstar Dev Trait, it’s because you as the User, simply stunk up the joint with your play.

When we User a player, we are in control and our input/performance has to be considered in some way
- unless you’re a Coach Mode player

I wouldn’t be concerned.

Hopefully you can find ways to simply enjoy the game/CFM for what it is right now.
So if I am better than the AI and doing quite well, my players dev trait bumps up and my team overall will improve faster than the league and before you know it, my team is stacked and games will get even more imbalanced.

I hope EA has made it so that, yes you can improve the dev trait from time to time, but it really hard and pretty rare.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2018, 03:48 PM   #132
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by feeq14
What I want to hear more than anything is about AI play calling. To me that's the biggest problem with CFM.
Play calling has been fixed. This was mentioned by Litez Out in his top 10 gameplay improvements video, which some on here may not have seen because he is a comp guy. And it was later talked about more in depth by Millennium on his stream. They found a bug in the play calling where the AI would pull plays out of the wrong section in certain situations (ie 3rd and long, 4 Verts being called nearly every time).
Old 06-14-2018, 03:52 PM   #133
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayPlation82
I personally believe you shouldn't be able to scout dev trait. find that out when you draft a guy or later like in Madden's past. they made it way to easy to find guys recently.
You can't scout the dev trait in 18, but if you're paying attention to all details, you can make an educated guess.

Some were obvious; the Heisman winner was always Superstar. In some cases, you could look at the initial projection vs. the final projection of a fully scouted player to get an idea.

The fact that the draft reveal still makes dev trait it's focal point implies it's still unscoutable.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 06-14-2018, 03:53 PM   #134
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Wow there are a lot of posts here and I didn’t have time to read them all but to clarify about the unannounced feature Shop mentioned and said was taken out of his video, I was the one who asked him about it and he told me that he took it out of the video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-14-2018, 03:55 PM   #135
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Everybody's mad.

You loved it all when it was in the non-EA article. Now EA releases the article, and you're mad.

Seriously, if that article had never been released this thread would have a far more positive tone. So they didn't hold anything back the first time around, that doesn't mean the features you liked before got worse. Damn.

Your words scream for transparency but your actions say hold back. And you wonder why Carlos thinks we're impossible to please.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2018, 03:58 PM   #136
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Everybody's mad.

You loved it all when it was in the non-EA article. Now EA releases the article, and you're mad.

Seriously, if that article had never been released this thread would have a far more positive tone. So they didn't hold anything back the first time around, that doesn't mean the features you liked before got worse. Damn.

Your words scream for transparency but your actions say hold back. And you wonder why Carlos thinks we're impossible to please.
I think the article was released early by mistake. You are correct in that one of the downfalls of Christmas when you know everything your getting for Christmas is you miss out on the excitement of being surprised.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »