Home

Madden NFL 19 Gameplay Video - Texans vs. Seahawks (SGO)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 19 Gameplay Video - Texans vs. Seahawks (SGO) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2018, 09:00 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 19 Gameplay Video - Texans vs. Seahawks (SGO)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
I don't believe in playing to the lowest common denominator. If you've gone your entire life without encountering a weather broadcast, why should I take time out of my day to accommodate your ignorance?

Why should they pander to old people who still use their tv to get the weather? This is such a stupid discussion to be having by the way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2018, 09:59 PM   #26
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0

I like the graphics in the rain weather game. I would like to see a few more camera angles. Maybe some angles between the current angles available.

Right now the camera angles are like the front seats in an older car. They have a limited selection of positions. You can find a seat position that is "workable" but nothing comfortable.

Last edited by 4thQtrStre5S; 06-17-2018 at 10:01 PM.
Old 06-18-2018, 01:40 AM   #27
Rookie

Boling4Humor's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
I could scream every time I see this.

Wind direction changes every other year because half the people don't know how wind direction indicators work, so the moment you "fix" it for half of the users, the other half become confused.

The arrow for wind direction SHOULD point INTO the wind. IE if the wind is blowing north-to-south, the arrow should point north. It was like this in Madden 12, people whined because they apparently have never seen a weather vein or watched the weather channel, so we flipped it. Then the non-ignorant people started complaining.

No matter which way they do it, half the people who play bitch that the wind is wrong.

Well....thanks? Awkward.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 06-18-2018, 05:14 AM   #28
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
Because not everybody is a meteorologist or like me has a pilots license. This isn't a case of lowest common denominator, it's a case of making something unambiguous.

With so many ways Madden caters to lowest common denominator to attract casuals. This is not one of them.
You're asking me, by analogy, to accept that "literally" can be its own antonym. At the time I write this, weather.com says my town is experiencing a 6mph southerly wind. My accuweather app on my phone is a bit different, 4 mph wind from the SSE.

My point is if you stick with the standard, you don't change it to please the wrong people.. I do think goal post flags should be animated properly, and anyone can read those, so I suppose that's what you're asking.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 06-18-2018, 05:17 AM   #29
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boling4Humor
Well....thanks? Awkward.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Allow me to profusely apologise. That was NOT meant to be an attack on you personally. I honestly can't remember at the moment which way the indicator is pointing in-game.

I was expressing my frustration from my 3 years at EA. Dealing with people demanding it change, and then dealing with the flipping back and forth of it in-house.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 06-18-2018, 06:39 AM   #30
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
I could scream every time I see this.

Wind direction changes every other year because half the people don't know how wind direction indicators work, so the moment you "fix" it for half of the users, the other half become confused.

The arrow for wind direction SHOULD point INTO the wind. IE if the wind is blowing north-to-south, the arrow should point north. It was like this in Madden 12, people whined because they apparently have never seen a weather vein or watched the weather channel, so we flipped it. Then the non-ignorant people started complaining.

No matter which way they do it, half the people who play bitch that the wind is wrong.
Didn't the old pre-3D Madden's used to have a wind sock near the kicking meter? it would be hard to confuse what that means. They also convey strength as well as direction - seems like an obvious solution to me.

It's the job of UI and UX designers to create intuitive interfaces, not be technically correct.
Old 06-18-2018, 09:09 AM   #31
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
You're asking me, by analogy, to accept that "literally" can be its own antonym. At the time I write this, weather.com says my town is experiencing a 6mph southerly wind. My accuweather app on my phone is a bit different, 4 mph wind from the SSE.

My point is if you stick with the standard, you don't change it to please the wrong people.. I do think goal post flags should be animated properly, and anyone can read those, so I suppose that's what you're asking.

And people are confused about the wind meter. Make it so they can't be confused.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2018, 09:12 AM   #32
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

Who cares about the way the wind meter looks? Can they fix the fact that there are hurricane force winds in every game leading to either 80 yard punts or 30 yard punts?

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers

Last edited by XtremeDunkz; 06-18-2018 at 10:14 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »