Home

7 Players Are Rated an Overall 99 in Madden NFL 19, Your Thoughts?

This is a discussion on 7 Players Are Rated an Overall 99 in Madden NFL 19, Your Thoughts? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2018, 06:52 PM   #105
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: EA Plans to Kickoff the Official Madden NFL 19 Player Ratings on June 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB5XSBW
Rodgers isn't a better decision maker at all. You're embarrassing yourself. He takes far fewer risks than Brady. This is why he throws very few interceptions. It's also why he never leads any comebacks in the 4th quarter.

Rodgers isn't anywhere near as good pre-snap as Brady. No one currently playing is in his league in that regard. Intelligence and ability to read a defense and adjust are by far the two most important attributes of a QB. It's why even at 40, it's not debatable (it's not at all debatable, because I'm sure we'd all take the word of experts and current/former players over some salty guy online) that he's the best player in the league. If there's one thing that Madden does wrong with respect to QB ratings, it's that it doesn't put enough emphasis on these attributes.
> He takes fewer chances

Back that up with a stat. "Fewer 4th quarter comebacks" has multiple factors in that.

And right here is an article on it

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news...l1nwca6p3kuj4m

You want to try again, bucko?

> Rodgers isn't anywhere near as good as Brady pre-snap

Back it up. Provide a source.

I'm not getting anything other than bold claims by you. NEXT!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2018, 07:42 PM   #106
Banned

TB5XSBW's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjames2010
> He takes fewer chances

Back that up with a stat. "Fewer 4th quarter comebacks" has multiple factors in that.

And right here is an article on it

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news...l1nwca6p3kuj4m

You want to try again, bucko?

> Rodgers isn't anywhere near as good as Brady pre-snap

Back it up. Provide a source.

I'm not getting anything other than bold claims by you. NEXT!
Here is my source: Brady was voted the best player (not QB, but overall player) in the entire league by his peers for the 2nd consecutive year. That has never happened before. You can disagree with the players who play this game for a living if you wish, but I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you've actually got a brain.

So that leaves a couple possibilities. Is he better because he is a better overall athlete than Rodgers? Or is he better because he has a higher football IQ and is more composed in the late stages of a game and in the postseason.
Old 06-29-2018, 07:58 PM   #107
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: 7 Players Are Rated an Overall 99 in Madden NFL 19, Your Thoughts?

Quote:
What I would prefer is a "scout/coach" rating. So say when the draft comes around, each player would be different on each teams board. Now obviously, there will be certain players in the top 5-10 that most team scouts agree upon - for example, Andrew Luck in 2012 draft, I'm sure in terms of talent he was #1 on most teams draft board.

Then you have a player like Alvin Kamara - he's not a Fournette-type talent, so scouts won't have him rated as a first round talent. However, coaching rating would play a factor in here - so Saints enjoy a RBBC and like their receiving backs due to their system, so he'd be rated a little higher than most teams boards.
So what you're saying here is that teams should prefer certain types of players... let's call them "archetypes," based on the sort of system or, uhh, how about "scheme", that they run?

That's a phenomenal idea, we should tell EA!

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 06-29-2018, 08:02 PM   #108
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Here is my source: Brady was voted the best player (not QB, but overall player) in the entire league by his peers for the 2nd consecutive year. That has never happened before. You can disagree with the players who play this game for a living if you wish, but I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you've actually got a brain.
Okay, I'll bite: you're not seriously hinging your entire argument for Tom Brady being head-and-shoulders better than any other single player in the league on an NFL Network produced narrative-driven puff piece which has countless issues and snubs every year, are you?

Like, I get that there's an argument to be made for Tom Brady - I wouldn't make it, I think Aaron Rodgers is the single greatest individual football player I've ever had the fortune to watch play for so many reasons - but let's endeavor to have a slightly more nuanced discussion than who's at the top of a media-produced poll.
Old 06-29-2018, 08:14 PM   #109
Banned

TB5XSBW's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Okay, I'll bite: you're not seriously hinging your entire argument for Tom Brady being head-and-shoulders better than any other single player in the league on an NFL Network produced narrative-driven puff piece which has countless issues and snubs every year, are you?

Like, I get that there's an argument to be made for Tom Brady - I wouldn't make it, I think Aaron Rodgers is the single greatest individual football player I've ever had the fortune to watch play for so many reasons - but let's endeavor to have a slightly more nuanced discussion than who's at the top of a media-produced poll.
The media has nothing to do with what's being discussed. This is a list voted on by NFL players.
Old 06-29-2018, 08:25 PM   #110
Pro

JayCutlersCig's Arena

Quote:
What "all-time great"? Brady wasn't "all-time great" against the Falcons, he HELPED put the Pats into a hole in that game. Sure, the comeback was exciting to watch, but it wasn't an all-time great performance. Throwing a pick 6 in a game when your team was already in trouble is a huge negative.

Settle down.

Pay no mind to him. When the Patriots have to reset in a few years, the rose colored glasses will come off. Or he’ll jump ship completely.

As a Dolphins fan...I’ve never put them on.
Old 06-29-2018, 08:29 PM   #111
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
The media has nothing to do with what's being discussed. This is a list voted on by NFL players.
I'm well aware. I still question its legitimacy.

Even if we allow that the piece is purely representative of what NFL players actually think, Aaron Rodgers has not played against the following teams in at least three seasons:

Baltimore Ravens (2013)
Buffalo Bills (2014)
Cleveland Browns (2013)
Miami Dolphins (2014)
New Orleans Saints (2014)
New England Patriots (2014)
New York Jets (2014)
Pittsburgh Steelers (2009)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2014)

The vast majority of players and coaches on these teams would have neither the time nor justification to ever watch Aaron Rodgers play football, as opposed to the game film of their upcoming opponents actually on the schedule. You and I both have probably watched more Aaron Rodgers games than some players on these teams over that time span. To that end, the NFL Hot 100 is no more legitimate than the FBS coaches poll, in which many college football coaches have openly admitted they don't watch teams and just read box scores. Hell, Steve Spurrier used to vote for Duke every season in the poll because he could. What I'm arguing here is that proximity doesn't necessarily equate to expertise.

If you're going to make an argument for Brady being better than Rodgers, you're going to have to bring something stronger.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2018, 08:35 PM   #112
Pro

JayCutlersCig's Arena

Quote:
Being the best at his position, as well as being the best player in the entire league (according to his peers) over the last 2 seasons warrants the highest rating in the game. There's no argument at all for Rodgers to be rated higher than him, as Brady is the superior QB and football player. I'm sorry that you/your team have been traumatized by Brady, but these are facts that you can't get around.

It might help if you bothered to actually understand the game of football on a meaningful level, as opposed to evaluating players, specifically QBs, based on individual attributes.

There’s no need to bash somebody and say that they don’t “understand football on a meaningful level”. IE, how the Patriots were absolute garbage for their first 30 years of existence (with some exceptions ofc). You probably never experienced a time when there was parity and better talent in the league, which is fine because I never have, either.

Just because you pull for the NFL’s version of the Sith Empire doesn’t make you a football genius. Moving on, staying on topic.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »