Home

What madden 19 schemes are you interested in running in online CFM?

This is a discussion on What madden 19 schemes are you interested in running in online CFM? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-04-2018, 06:06 PM   #1
Rookie

BChristensen75's Arena

OVR: 0
What madden 19 schemes are you interested in running in online CFM?

So after looking hard core into all the new schemes for m19 I’ve narrowed down what schemes I like!

I really like the Multiple Power for O but the blocking TE turns me away. So I may settle for WC Power O.

Defense I’m not a fan the 43 isn’t both speed rushing ends, but oh well.

I’m the 49ers, Steelers, and Falcons in leagues. So it’ll be fun to run all three a different way!

What schemes are you excited to run/use in your CFMs/with what teams?

4th N 1 Commissioner

NFL: Patriots
NBA: Celtics
MLB: Red Sox
NHL: Bruins
NCAA FB & BB: Minnesota Golden Gophers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2018, 06:21 PM   #2
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: What madden 19 schemes are you interested in running in online CFM?

Unfortunately you can just pick the scheme that matches your players the most, get the xp boost, but run whatever playbooks you want. So use spread offense but run a power run game playbook for example. People will just use it this way in online cfm.

That being said, in offline cfm I plan to use a house rule where I have to use a playbook that matches my schemes. I've always been a fan of west coast , power run game. On defense I like the flexibility of the 3-4.

Sent from my HTC Desire 625 using Tapatalk
Old 07-04-2018, 06:22 PM   #3
Rookie

BChristensen75's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
Unfortunately you can just pick the scheme that matches your players the most, get the xp boost, but run whatever playbooks you want. So use spread offense but run a power run game playbook for example. People will just use it this way in online cfm.

That being said, in offline cfm I plan to use a house rule where I have to use a playbook that matches my schemes. I've always been a fan of west coast , power run game. On defense I like the flexibility of the 3-4.

That’s true. But you can manage that in leagues or be in leagues with sim users to do so.

4th N 1 Commissioner

Old 07-04-2018, 07:10 PM   #4
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BChristensen75
That’s true. But you can manage that in leagues or be in leagues with sim users to do so.
No sim league or any league I have heard of has dictated what playbooks you have to run. Only thing I have seen is no customs.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app

If walls could talk to spill the lies, we'd see the world through devils eyes
-M. Shadows
Old 07-04-2018, 07:29 PM   #5
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710

Now that there are different attributes for different styles (power vs finesse run & pass blocking, short/med/deep routes, etc).... I dunno if it'll be quite as seamless & easy as you say.

For instance, if you need 4 power blockers for your scheme but pick a PB with a ton of zone run plays and very little power/counter/etc.... well, you CAN, to your point. And it's not entirely impossible to find 4 OL who are power archetype but are super effective on finesse plays... but, it's not going to be easy either. With the exception of elite guys, a lot of players are skewed clearly in one direction or the other. Feel like it'd be a lot easier & way more effective to just run plays that fit your scheme.

Ditto for 3-4 and 4-3... I mean you CAN pick a 3-4 scheme for the xp bonus but use a 4-3 PB. But... then you're probably stuck with generally slower pass rushers at OLB who are poor in coverage, since those are generally the guys who are speed/power rusher OLB archetypes. Is that really gonna be as effective?

So while the system isn't perfect, I think it does actually help move teams in a solid direction. Not due to some silly league rule but because of how the game organically plays out. I think you'll be happily surprised that "generally" speaking in online leagues, teams will be incentivized to have their scheme more or less match what they're trying to do in-game.

Commissioner
After Work Football League
(Xbox Series S/X)
AWFL Discord
AWFL Daddyleagues
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2018, 07:44 PM   #6
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aestis
For instance, if you need 4 power blockers for your scheme but pick a PB with a ton of zone run plays and very little power/counter/etc.... well, you CAN, to your point. but, it's not going to be easy either. With the exception of elite guys, a lot of players are skewed clearly in one direction or the other. Feel like it'd be a lot easier & way more effective to just run plays that fit your scheme.

Ditto for 3-4 and 4-3... I mean you CAN pick a 3-4 scheme for the xp bonus but use a 4-3 PB. But... then you're probably stuck with generally slower pass rushers at OLB who are poor in coverage, since those are generally the guys who are speed/power rusher OLB archetypes. Is that really gonna be as effective?
you've got it mixed up. the point is to always run the playbooks that benefit your team the most, and then for scheme you just pick the one that gives you the most xp, regardless if it actually fits your teams gameplan or not. for example someone running a 4-3 defense might find their players will benefit more by choosing the 46 defensive scheme. but they wont ever be running any 46 formations on defense. someone running a west coast offense who wants to boost their scrambling QB might pick spread offense scheme (the only one that scrambling QBs get a bonus from) even though they just run west coast playbooks.
Old 07-04-2018, 08:46 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I understand that that has the potential to be an issue, but I feel like it is being overblown. How many here actually play in CFMs with people they can't trust to play similar to themselves? Everyone I play online with has no issue following the same house rules. I get if you wanted a 32 user CFM and took a handful of guys you don't really know, but then that comes with the territory in the first place.

That doesn't mean I don't want to see schemes taken further in the future and in ways that might make this harder to do, but I just don't get the worry about it as much. It's similar to when editing players was put into Online Dynasty back in the NCAA days and so many were worried other users would jack their player ratings up. I only understand that if you are playing with randoms, but I just don't feel that is very common.

― Plato
Old 07-04-2018, 08:50 PM   #8
Rookie

BChristensen75's Arena

I guess this was blown way out of proportion. My leagues people play sim and run a type of scheme unique to them and enjoy this kind of stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

4th N 1 Commissioner

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »