Home

Has pass interference ever worked in Madden games?

This is a discussion on Has pass interference ever worked in Madden games? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2018, 04:24 AM   #33
MVP

briz1046's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Has pass interference ever worked in Madden games?

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib

Instead of Realistic, let’s just ask that it be “Fun” to play for all perspectives.

To the OP, i turn the channel when games are a flag fest.
I’m not there to what the refs be at the forefront of the game and make it 4hrs about them throwing flags

I definetly don’t want a flag fest extending a video game longer than what I want to play already. lol
I'd like to politely disagree , my irritation level regarding penalties tends to be directly related to whether they are on MY team , not about the total number called
So yes even here there is diversity of opinion
I think the answer here has already been mentioned , either in this or another thread , whereby the current SIM mode is re-labelled as classic Madden and a new SIM mode is introduced that is tuned to give actual true to life levels of penalties, and all in game measurables,
Maybe they could just add pre-set , labelled slider sets similar to the present difficulty levels ?
Old 07-26-2018, 08:02 AM   #34
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
Instead of Realistic, let’s just ask that it be “Fun” to play for all perspectives.
The problem there is that fun is just as diverse and subjective as realism. You say penalties aren't fun, I say penalties are an ingredient that makes the game better overall and a more fun experience holistically. The entire premise of having different game styles is to be able to separate what people enjoy and prefer rather than trying to make a one-size-fits-all game. What's fun from an Arcade or Competitive perspective is more often than not going to be different than what's fun from a simulation perspective. And I'm sorry, but if someone doesn't like penalties or dropped passes or pass inaccuracies then they shouldn't be sniffing anywhere near the simulation game setting. That might be a tough pill to swallow for a lot of people but that needs to become the reality because it completely defeats the purpose of having a mode like that if you're still going to cater the setting in a way that flies directly in the face of what it's being advertised as in "authentic rules and gameplay."

I really dislike the whole notion and approach that is taken where basically it's x isn't fun, therefore a game where x occurs also isn't fun. It probably isn't fun for a lot of people to use simulation settings in a racing game but that doesn't mean they completely dumb it down for those that want that experience. And until that kind of approach starts to be taken the game styles are going to be nothing more than window dressing with slight variances between them and the simulation setting will continue to be held back by catering to players whose preferences are more in tune with what Arcade and Competitive offers.
Old 07-26-2018, 08:52 AM   #35
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

I think this thread is proof that what one man considers fun is another man's hell. EA can never win in regards to trying to make a football game that will seem fun and realistic and do so to millions of people.

The answer is sliders but even then people can drive themselves crazy trying to make a game that feels right. And typically people don't play enough games before messing with sliders which is a huge mistake.

And sometimes the sliders don't even work exactly how one would expect, or to the degree one would expect.

It's just tough making a football game, LOL

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2018, 10:38 AM   #36
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I think this thread is proof that what one man considers fun is another man's hell. EA can never win in regards to trying to make a football game that will seem fun and realistic and do so to millions of people.

The answer is sliders but even then people can drive themselves crazy trying to make a game that feels right. And typically people don't play enough games before messing with sliders which is a huge mistake.

And sometimes the sliders don't even work exactly how one would expect, or to the degree one would expect.

Agree x100000.

How you like them dreads ODogg?
Watch you grind years for them. lol

Trying to do the same for Gameplay Sliders and Custom Camera option.

One day!!!!!!!!
Old 07-26-2018, 12:08 PM   #37
MVP

underdog13's Arena

I hate the amount of PI that is called on Sundays. Glad I don't usually have to deal with that on madden.

As usual give us options, options, options.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Old 07-26-2018, 12:32 PM   #38
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden08PCgmr
Can't win with this one.

Imagine.. you're playing your Super Bowl, and you lose the game because you got flagged for a random PI.. most would go berserk.
I would be screaming at the t.v. just like on sundays. It's part of the game. The hard part would be programming the game so Patriot players are not flagged. I guarantee that in year 15 i would still remember losing that super bowl in year 3 because of the ****ty refs.
Old 07-26-2018, 01:06 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by briz1046
I don't remember any Madden ( I go back to the 90s) calling penalties at a " realistic " rate without slider input to be honest , PI particularly, outside of the line play penalties , could be my memory I suppose
I had some called on Madden 08 for PC and I had a realistic number of everything called in Madden '98 for PSX if you bump all the penalties to max. I've played that game on and off since it came out and it's still my favorite Madden game. Got called for OPI more than I can count and got some nice DPI calls to go my way on deep balls. Roughing The Passer is easily the penalty that I have been called for the most.
Old 07-26-2018, 01:27 PM   #40
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg

The solution isn't difficult. Give us options AND sliders. If someone wants to disable a certain penalty then they can have the option to do so. If someone wants the ability to change the frequency of calls they can use sliders. Its not some crazy idea. So many other sports games offer options and don't struggle with some of these basic things like Madden does. For whatever reason they refuse to make things easy on themselves time after time.

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »