Home

lets be real here is Madden Anti-consumer???

This is a discussion on lets be real here is Madden Anti-consumer??? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2018, 02:14 PM   #73
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: lets be real here is Madden Anti-consumer???

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
Dude, CAP was the most wanted feature added. The ability to share dna as well is huge. I can take a player who was not in the original roster and upload him into my existing my league or online league. Great for custom rosters. It’s huge and again customization. But you also proved my point is you are right how many people use these things yet they still give it to us the hardcore guys! Why? Your saying no need for it in madden? Just pick a few? I used the pass speed slider to help with closeouts. I’m the 0.1% who probably used it. Every slider they give us the better as you can fix things with them (in Madden’s case assuming they work and are not backwards as they have been in the past).
And lets say EA/Tib allows for a completely customizable player, coach, owner model; in basketball you are seeing your player, hair, face, etc. a lot of the time. In football, they would have to create ways for the user to see their character, yes?

Still, I have held the position that a better creation center for player, coach, owner, etc. would benefit Madden. I believe in customization. But as I was leading to in my previous post, of all the customization in 2K NBA, the majority is left relatively unused.
Old 08-03-2018, 02:24 PM   #74
Pro

rdawsoniii's Arena

OVR: 5

I miss the 2k NFL game...heck, I even miss Sierra's Front Page Sports NFL game from the '90s.
Old 08-03-2018, 02:26 PM   #75
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Two things to consider here:

1. I think there is a very valid point being made here and that is people tend to overvalue their own opinion in relation to how many others share it.

2. There is also the concept of people thinking they want something but they really don't utilize it once they get it.

A full half time show is a good example. People say they want it and let's say EA invests a lot of time in it and then they just skip it by pressing a button.

It's not just about having the ability to add something but whether or not it makes sense as a whole from a business perspective.

I don't think many of you are looking at it in that context. I also don't believe some of you are even capable of looking at it in that context and I even see some of you admitting as much in the comments here.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2018, 02:36 PM   #76
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Two things to consider here:

1. I think there is a very valid point being made here and that is people tend to overvalue their own opinion in relation to how many others share it.

2. There is also the concept of people thinking they want something but they really don't utilize it once they get it.

A full half time show is a good example. People say they want it and let's say EA invests a lot of time in it and then they just skip it by pressing a button.

It's not just about having the ability to add something but whether or not it makes sense as a whole from a business perspective.

I don't think many of you are looking at it in that context. I also don't believe some of you are even capable of looking at it in that context and I even see some of you admitting as much in the comments here.
Exactly. Just because NBA 2K has 100 sliders or options, doesn't necessarily mean they care more about their customers, or spend more time or money, or create a "better game." It just means that the options in the game may have been very efficient to add, thus not really affecting cost. So whether the options were used or not was not a big concern. But it looks good to be able to advertise a bunch of options which most will never use but gives an illusion of value to the consumer.

In basketball a created player will be seen a lot. In football we rarely see a coach. When we do see a coach it may seem forced as oppsoed to natural. A created player has a helmet on. The most important option in this case would be uniform accessories.
Old 08-03-2018, 02:44 PM   #77
Pro

triplechin's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
Exactly. Just because NBA 2K has 100 sliders or options, doesn't necessarily mean they care more about their customers, or spend more time or money, or create a "better game." It just means that the options in the game may have been very efficient to add, thus not really affecting cost. So whether the options were used or not was not a big concern. But it looks good to be able to advertise a bunch of options which most will never use but gives an illusion of value to the consumer.

In basketball a created player will be seen a lot. In football we rarely see a coach. When we do see a coach it may seem forced as oppsoed to natural. A created player has a helmet on. The most important option in this case would be uniform accessories.
Not every single thing they added will be used by every single player but they are creating an immersive experience for everyone and letting them make it to their desire. 2K is just in a different stratosphere for this game mode. I'm sorry but you can't even compare the sheer amount of content added in their MyLeague with Madden's "CFM Overhaul". Madden just has not given franchise mode love. We can argue whether or not it makes sense from a business perspective but 2K is definitely making a better franchise experience.

FRANCHISE OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html

PROGRESSION OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html
Old 08-03-2018, 02:46 PM   #78
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplechin
Not every single thing they added will be used by every single player but they are creating an immersive experience for everyone and letting them make it to their desire. 2K is just in a different stratosphere for this game mode. I'm sorry but you can't even compare the sheer amount of content added in their MyLeague with Madden's "CFM Overhaul". Madden just has not given franchise mode love. We can argue whether or not it makes sense from a business perspective but 2K is definitely making a better franchise experience.
I cannot speak to franchise but I know that the "MyPlayer" mode in 2K is my favorite thing in probably any sports game

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 08-03-2018, 02:48 PM   #79
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
EA is not going to reach the majority of the NFL fan base which is creating the revenue. Those people are a higher income who may have other interests besides playing video games.

Boxes at games are very expensive - corporations can purchase boxes and they receive tax benefits, for example, but assists in increasing ticket prices for the other seats which limits the demographics contributing to NFL revenue at the stadium level.

Football is a team game. Basketball is a game I can play with one other person. I can practice shooting baskets by myself. I can practice throwing a football but then I have to fetch it after each throw.

Point is, basketball is more accessible to a larger demographic than football in a sociology perspective which could explain also why people may choose to purchase a basketball game. They see the sport as easier to jump into and play alone and choose the video game which is perceived to be easier.
And again, explain why NBA Live is doing so bad?

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk
Old 08-03-2018, 02:55 PM   #80
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
And again, explain why NBA Live is doing so bad?

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk
I know nothing about NBA Live. We are talking NBA 2k and Madden. I barely played NBA 2k17. All I am stating is that there is more reason to have a custom player creator in a basketball game where they do not wear helmets 100% of the time.

Madden would have to find ways to show off the created player models. I am all for creating a world for CFM which is modeled after an open world style game. I have mentioned it in here multiple times to little support.

NBA Live? They have huge competition with the established NBA 2k is about all I can guess. I would have to research the two games to even attempt an explanation.

Seems the main point being made by those supporting NBA 2k is that they believe EA is greedy and lazy; that if it's in NBA 2k it should be in Madden without question. That is not a valid argument.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »