Home

Lighting Patch?

This is a discussion on Lighting Patch? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2018, 07:01 PM   #417
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Lighting Patch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther84
Do you also game on the Samsung ks8000? Or OLED?
Im on a Sony.
Old 08-16-2018, 08:11 PM   #418
Rookie

Vercingetirex's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther84
Dome stadiums look good

Most of them, but a few have issues at different times of day, especially if they have windows or openings in their roofs.
Old 08-17-2018, 12:27 AM   #419
MVP

scitychamps87's Arena

OVR: 3

Found a video that perfectly captures what people here and in the comments of this video are saying about'19 having a "dark" tint or tone to it compared to '18. Do I think the uniforms, textures, and general graphics are better in '19? Absolutely. But, there is definitely something up with the lighting in those daytime outdoor games this year. Seeing a side by side between the two games really helped.

https://youtu.be/SOmgYFH6quU

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app
--5 Time Stanley Cup Champions--
Old 08-17-2018, 03:19 AM   #420
Banned

CaptainFear's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by scitychamps87
Found a video that perfectly captures what people here and in the comments of this video are saying about'19 having a "dark" tint or tone to it compared to '18. Do I think the uniforms, textures, and general graphics are better in '19? Absolutely. But, there is definitely something up with the lighting in those daytime outdoor games this year. Seeing a side by side between the two games really helped.

https://youtu.be/SOmgYFH6quU

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app
Saw this a few days ago. Madden 19 actually looks as good or better to me here. Unfortunately the gameplay shown is only in Philly. Madden 19 looks on par here imo bc of the shadows going more from end zone to end zone. Its when the sun is cast more to the side in certain stadiums like Raymond James Stadium where the 1pm lighting does not look right.
Old 08-19-2018, 10:31 AM   #421
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

I played a 1pm game in Cleveland and thought it was midnight. It was SO dark at one end of the stadium where the shadows were that it was tough to see anything. How have the devs not acknowledged this issue at all?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2018, 12:05 PM   #422
MVP

49UNCFan's Arena

OVR: 2

This seems more like an HDR issue. Sliders could solve this issue

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app

Subscribe and Follow! Thanks!
Old 08-19-2018, 12:12 PM   #423
Banned

CaptainFear's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
I played a 1pm game in Cleveland and thought it was midnight. It was SO dark at one end of the stadium where the shadows were that it was tough to see anything. How have the devs not acknowledged this issue at all?
I too happened to play a 1pm (clear) game in Cleveland yesterday but it actually looked fine. Are you on an HDR tv?

There is certainly something wrong with the lighting this year and maybe its magnified on non-hdr tvs.
Old 08-19-2018, 06:50 PM   #424
Rookie

My opinion is that the lighting issue or dimming issue is a glitch that happens a second or two when you start up the game (Antonio Brown cover screen). If you notice that opening screen is at first vibrant and then it immediately dims. The entire game has the dimming effect as a result.

When I played my first game a week and half ago (Jets vs. Chargers 1pm game) I initially thought it was a cloud cover effect. Then I played another game in Miami making sure the weather was clear at 1pm and still the same result. It was very annoying and I stopped playing until I could figure out the issue (tv settings also this thread). Then I started my XBox1 copy up today and noticed the screen was bright for a second and then clicked to a dimmer picture. Once that happened I noticed the menus also looked darker and convinced this a glitch that happens right at the onset of the game.

My ask to EA is that they fix this issue because it takes away from the gameplay experience and to be honest I have no desire to play the game until it is resolved.

Thanks everyone for letting me sound off. It's great to see the passion by the community on this issue.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »