Home

Madden 19 What happened to the physics?

This is a discussion on Madden 19 What happened to the physics? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2018, 09:16 PM   #41
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Madden 19 What happened to the physics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeDunkz
This should actually be getting WAY more attention. We deserve the devs to speak on this. The tackling has taken a huge step back. You can't interrupt tackling animations anymore like you could the last 2 years.
Agreed.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2018, 11:56 PM   #42
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
Agreed.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Here is an example of madden 2017 tackling. These tackles are gone.

Now, once the player get into the scripted animation, inf a 2nd defender comes to the play, it will break the original animation and it will start a new animation. But there are no "continues" tackling anymore.

This is a key area for me, since it make the game so more dynamic and livable. So many replays to re watch a tackle back then. Now it's always the same scripted canned, robotic thing. So superficial.

Sorry for the quality.

Here you can see how the ball-carrier is tackled by the first defender and even he is already in a tackling animation, it "derivative" (does not break the animation to start a new one) to another with his knees bending by the 2nd defender diving hit and then you can clearly see the defender and ball carrier being affected by the 3rd defender hit.

All this is gone. What would happen in Madden 2019, is the first defender will tackle the ball carrier, and then the 2nd defender will come in and start a new scripted tackling animation completely breaking the original animation.

Sorry for the bad explanation, just watch the video and see how the offensive player and defensive player are affected by all the other players on the tackle.
Old 08-13-2018, 12:36 AM   #43
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21

Now, once the player get into the scripted animation, inf a 2nd defender comes to the play, it will break the original animation and it will start a new animation. But there are no "continues" tackling anymore.

This is a key area for me, since it make the game so more dynamic and livable. So many replays to re watch a tackle back then. Now it's always the same scripted canned, robotic thing. So superficial.

Sorry for the quality.

Here you can see how the ball-carrier is tackled by the first defender and even he is already in a tackling animation, it "derivative" (does not break the animation to start a new one) to another with his knees bending by the 2nd defender diving hit and then you can clearly see the defender and ball carrier being affected by the 3rd defender hit.

All this is gone. What would happen in Madden 2019, is the first defender will tackle the ball carrier, and then the 2nd defender will come in and start a new scripted tackling animation completely breaking the original animation.

Sorry for the bad explanation, just watch the video and see how the offensive player and defensive player are affected by all the other players on the tackle.
Yup, he this is really deflating to me now that I notice it. It is game changing.

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Old 08-13-2018, 01:58 AM   #44
Banned

wryly's Arena

OVR: 2

It'll be back next year as a "groundbreaking new feature" in Madden's 2019 "football" video game.
Old 08-13-2018, 08:33 AM   #45
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21

Sorry for the quality.

no I Get cha. I'm seeing reviews on XBOX and many many reviews mention that issue also and they're irate about it. That's the problem with going to a new engine. I'd assume this is too big of an issue to patch?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2018, 11:25 AM   #46
Pro

MMurda's Arena

OVR: 5

i honestly cant believe there are ppl in this thread defending the tackling in 19. it has taken a MAJOR step back. we are back to all canned tackling again and physics is 80% gone. i now rarely see the physics at work anymore. 2 and 3 man gang tackles are all scripted like they used to be on m10 and the worst part and biggest eyesore is when someone else tries to join the tackle to effect it and hit the "forcefield" and bounce off without any effect just like madden 10 if they didnt get added to the protak sequence.

the person that bounces off will not even move the canned animation even if hes a 300lb dt, he bounces off the canned tackle and doesnt even push the tackle to the side at all. theres 0 effect. the 2nd or 3rd guy cant even organically dive and take out the ball carriers legs cuz depending on the tkl animation hes already locked in they wont let the dive interact and he bounces off a forcefield....UNREAL EA!

EXAMPLE on M19 i had:

to add one of the most ridiculous plays i saw which really made it stand out...i had a wr stood up on the sideline in a 1man tkl with a lb...i bring in a cb and i dove at his legs...it actually didnt forcefield me and i hit the legs and they went backwards and he he leaned face fwd and was still grabbed around the waist and shoulda fell fwd on his face fast for a tkl as both his legs were taken out. NOPE...his feet and body re-erected standing up as the 1 man tkl reset. then i immediately dove with a 2nd cb right behind like 1 second later..hit his legs again...same thing happened and feet went back and then he re-erected again and the 1man tkl reset and then this time he finally wrestled the wr down to finish it. WTF!!!!!!! no way this wouldve played out on m17 or m15 this way. he wouldve had his legs clipped and fell hard on his face and the other cb wouldve smeared him on his 2nd dive and the 1st guy who started the tkl wouldve been on top of him.
----------------------
Madden Since '92
Old 08-14-2018, 12:19 AM   #47
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

This is ridiculous. Neither one of these should be TDs if players were allowed to change animations like they have been the last few years.

https://clips.twitch.tv/ResilientCovertFerretTwitchRaid

https://clips.twitch.tv/HotToughGrassCopyThis

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Old 08-14-2018, 12:29 AM   #48
Rookie

Chubzdoomer's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Wow, that is a complete joke. #90 should've absolutely clobbered him!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »