Home

Afraid of patches

This is a discussion on Afraid of patches within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2018, 08:17 AM   #17
Rookie

SyncereBlackout's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Afraid of patches

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReal Milticket
Maybe, Most of the problems im reading & seeing video is on all pro. Im not having the issue on All Madden at the moment. Maybe the ai boosting is making them above the nonsense seen on all pro. They just need to tweak the logic which is fine, but if I know EA its one extreme of the spectrum to the way other side of the spectrum when it comes to patches.That makes me nervous.

Agree. On top of that, many of the comments with complaints and video alter sliders which (I’m not sure how) should be taken into account before patching because who knows what they are and how they impact the players complaint about the game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NY Jets
NY Yankees
NY Rangers
Florida Gators
Old 08-16-2018, 08:22 AM   #18
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Afraid of patches

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
Not that anyone plays arcade, but in arcade mode, CPU had 8 yards rushing for the whole game, if that tells you anything.

John...without sliders and RB edits it is a mess. With a solid slider set and the RB edits we do the game for the most part is a blast. It still needs a serious patch as there are bugs and warping and some wonky stuff that is all code.

But with a little effort we have the game playing a really fun game of football on All-Pro Simulation mode. I encourage you to join the streams and see it for yourself.

And we have fun pointing out the BS we see too. But we have fun. That is what is about. Having some fun. And not getting so bent out shape about a video game.

I choose to find solutions with other slider guys here. We are all doing our best to enhance the game until EA stabilizes the warts. It is not nearly as bad as you think once you settle into a slider set and make those critical RB edits.

It is what it is. But if you want to bring out the potential this game has....you gotta adjust and adapt. I also have had to relearn the passion game. No more money routes.....none. I used to think I used the passing mechanics....now I am using them more than I ever have.

Yes...LB’s are a little juiced.....but I already figured out what i have to do. I need to be patient.

1st progression

2nd progression

Dump off.

Then when that 1st or 2nd or if i have time 3rd is there...make the right trajectory pass. It’s actually a beautiful thing. I love it. I am forced to throw balls away more, scramble a little more. It is fun. I pray they don’t nerf the coverage.

I think a lot of Madden gamer are in full on panic mode and not understanding that...yeah you may have to relearn a few things and be a lot more patient.

But yes....there are bugs and warts and we need a solid stable update. No question. I just hope they don’t over do it. Because we have a far more challenging game this cycle.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 08-16-2018 at 08:33 AM.
Old 08-16-2018, 08:24 AM   #19
MVP

I manage to get my yards running the ball. Some people love the new system and some don't. I think it could be good but currently it does not feel like my contrlled players wether a back or receiver move naturally. The physics are off. After a catch my receiver is often barely moving compared to defensive players. The dead stop tackles are also irritating. Leveon bell does not get hit and drop straight to the ground 15 times a game. The game needs patches in my opinion i just hope they don't break a lot doing so. The last couple of years qb's wouldn't run against you. Now they won't run against anybody else.
Old 08-16-2018, 08:26 AM   #20
Rookie

thechef128's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by volsman
I am probably in the minority but I am so afraid they will patch the running game to make it easier with all the complaints that are coming out. I for one love the challenge this year. I also hope they don’t patch the WR catches causing I am digging the drops and everything else. This is the first time I feel like I have to “work” to win a game in CFM in a very long time
Just curious and not saying this in a a-hole way....
1. what difficulty do you play on?
2. do you find success with multiple running plays or do you have 2-3 running plays that work and continue to run those?

I play all madden and cant run to save my life minus 1 play that works. I also cant run on all pro either. I can pass just fine but running is impossible to me.
Old 08-16-2018, 09:34 AM   #21
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
I'm curious to see what they do with the run game because even upping how effective run block is won't drastically help the CPU. It'd definitely help the user which can be seen by upping the RBK slider but the CPU's biggest issue is how it handles RPM and just overall ball carrier logic. Too many hard cuts with space right in front of them. Too many jukes or spins that cost them yards as well. I've played ~20 games on All-Madden and the CPU isn't even averaging 3 YPC and pretty much every game I end up with 10+ TFL's. You can give them wide open lanes all day and but if they continue to just juke into defenders and turn 15+ yard runs into 2 yards it won't help.

With All-Madden they have be really careful patching it now to not completely throw off competitive as well. I'm really hoping defense doesn't get nerfed too hard, this year has been really refreshing compared to all the years we've had of wide open, high scoring action.
Due to unrealistic linebacker ball-in-the-air animations, I finally went back to All Pro. However, while leaving the CPU sliders untouched, I backed off all of my user defensive sliders to 30, with speed parity @ 25, playing 12 minute quarters and acc game clock. Game feels very balanced to me now, CPU is running far more effectively, while also a bit more wide open as CPU is taking more shots down the field. Like yourself, I am enjoying the defensive battles and scores thus far have been in the mid to high 20's for the most part.

Still seeing disappointing "warp-tackle animations" mostly during open field gameplay, with no apparent semi-believable calculation of physics. While warp-tackles never completely went away, I didn't find them much of an issue at all in Madden 17. Rather shocked to see them back with such regularity with 19 and that is what I'd like to see cleaned up. However, I don't know if a patch is going to solve this issue.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2018, 10:22 AM   #22
MVP

Danimal's Arena

OVR: 21

The AI running game is horrendous. I'm playing as the Browns because a friend and I wanted bad teams. Through 6 games i have given up less than 100 yards rushing. That's not per game, that's less than 100 for 6 games total. I've tweaked the sliders and tried sets to the point where run blocking is at 90 for the AI. I'm about to put the game down until they do something. The AI run game has never been good but this is on another level of bad. I held Bell to -13 yards on 13 carries, are you kidding me???

As far as running for myself I agree with the OP, there is a challenge to it and most games I can get close to 100 yards. If I hit a couple of edges I can go over 100. It is fine for me as a human but good lord it is so bad as a solo player it makes me wonder if they even test solo play at EA before launch. How something like this gets missed is beyond me.
Old 08-16-2018, 10:52 AM   #23
Rookie

Have any of you tried the armor suggestion of changing spin and juke move to 75 for all running backs within the franchise?
Old 08-16-2018, 11:04 AM   #24
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

Madden, and most other sports games need to take a page from NHL on this one. We need to be able to select which (patch) we want to use through, “tuner sets.” If we like the way the game plays right now we should be able to keep using it without having to avoid it by staying offline.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »