Home

Afraid of patches

This is a discussion on Afraid of patches within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2018, 03:57 PM   #33
Emerald Archer

Sphinx's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Afraid of patches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Not only do I do that but I change two traits. High motor off and have them brace for all hits.

But also keep in mind my playing style.

I use the defensive camera only....and I never switch. That is a huge thing IMO.

I invite anyone and everyone to watch my streams of Madden 19 and see for yourself the kind of gameplay I am getting.

It has been really solid. Not perfect (Madden has never approached perfection)but fun, smooth and very very playable.

18 was unplayable till February. Just insane. CPU AI was brain dead.
17 was never right either....never because the CPU QB AI was bad.

19 the CPU AI is vastly better than 17 and 18 and they also have some adaptive AI working as well. I am noticing it in every game I play.

Still a lot of work needs to be done....but I am getting really fun immersive games with my settings. I hope others can find their sweet spot.

I think all of this is why it's so difficult for anyone to find the perfect sliders. We all play the game different, different cameras, different position on defense, different style of offense. This years game the cpu can give you a challenge because their play calling is vastly improved over previous years.

If the dev's cant patch the cpu running to be better than I'll have to adapt and find ways to make defense a little harder. I've never tried the defensive camera, so maybe that's the answer to keep things challenging.
Old 08-16-2018, 04:01 PM   #34
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandwin
They do need to patch the cpu run game though. It's pretty horrible.
This

It's unplayable in the current state. Not because the user running game. but because the cpu simple can't run the ball. I mean in football are two basics things. passing and running. If they can't run, we are missing half of the fun
Old 08-16-2018, 04:24 PM   #35
Emerald Archer

Sphinx's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
This

It's unplayable in the current state. Not because the user running game. but because the cpu simple can't run the ball. I mean in football are two basics things. passing and running. If they can't run, we are missing half of the fun
I've been saying this since the beta, I am honestly surprised it wasn't addressed. It makes me think (I have no evidence to support this) they don't really know how to fix it and/or don't see it as a problem.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2018, 04:58 PM   #36
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphinx
I've been saying this since the beta, I am honestly surprised it wasn't addressed. It makes me think (I have no evidence to support this) they don't really know how to fix it and/or don't see it as a problem.
TBH I'm not sure if there's really much that can be done in terms of this year. The CPU just doesn't handle RPM well when it comes to ball carriers. The lack of a more subtle cut when it comes to change of direction kills the CPU because anytime they try to change direction or get into open space they end up taking this really hard cut and end up going sideways or the cut slows them down so much that pursuit closes in quickly.

They can ramp up run blocking but it will just make things easier for the user and while running is tough right now, it's very much viable even on default settings but turning up the blocking isn't going to help the CPU much when they A) aren't good at finding holes and B) navigating through them when they do find them.
Old 08-16-2018, 05:19 PM   #37
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
TBH I'm not sure if there's really much that can be done in terms of this year. The CPU just doesn't handle RPM well when it comes to ball carriers. The lack of a more subtle cut when it comes to change of direction kills the CPU because anytime they try to change direction or get into open space they end up taking this really hard cut and end up going sideways or the cut slows them down so much that pursuit closes in quickly.

They can ramp up run blocking but it will just make things easier for the user and while running is tough right now, it's very much viable even on default settings but turning up the blocking isn't going to help the CPU much when they A) aren't good at finding holes and B) navigating through them when they do find them.
I couldn't agree more. The CPU cannot handle it's own RPM mechanic. It' s appears that simple. I will say again, playing All Pro with all defensive sliders tuned to 30 has helped somewhat. Maybe the CPU "magically senses" it doesn't have to work as hard. The only other quick and easy trick that also might help, and I have not tried this, is to tune CPU fumbles down to 35 or 40 to see if that causes the ballcarrier to become more conservative.

This game really needed a full 2 years to work thru the mechanics of RPM. I'm still enjoying it because I guess I braced myself for issues beforehand. Of course, I thought it was gonna be the opposite and the CPU backs were all gonna tear it up. Boy, I had that theory wrong.
Old 08-16-2018, 05:47 PM   #38
Emerald Archer

Sphinx's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas

Yeah I agree, it's going to be on us to get what we can out of the game. I think my next test I am going to do will be to put ball carrier vision for the running back I am facing to 99 and see if he can hit the hole better. There's only so much that can be done with the ratings to improve this but I am determined to enjoy the game in spite of it's flaws.

Overall I think the game is great and if this one flaw could get addressed, I would be a happy gamer for a little bit.
Old 08-16-2018, 05:55 PM   #39
Rookie

Vanilla_Gorilla's Arena

I'm gashing the CPU lol.
Old 08-16-2018, 06:10 PM   #40
Rookie

UltraHD's Arena

People need to find the line between the game being ‘Difficult’ and the game being ‘unfair’. If you go to hand the ball off to your RB and the defender is literally right in your face before you even get to the LOS then what are you possibly meant to do? Even if you have someone assigned to block them they just rush past them like they aren’t even there. It’s got nothing to do with ability. No matter how good someone might be, the running game is gonna suck when you have two defenders all up on you before you even get back to the line. I ran the ball 6 times with Kareem Hunt and had 2 yards lol. Like I say, it wasn’t because I wasn’t finding the holes or whatever, it’s because I had people tackling me literally a second after handing the ball off. There was nothing I could do to prevent it. So yes, a patch is welcomed on my part because like I say there is a fine line between fair and just plain bull.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »